Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Amazing. Btw, is something (battery mod?) obstructing VPS so it gives those false readings?

I'm really not sure why the VPS is doing the reading like that, and just noticed it now (didn't notice while flying). There is nothing under the VPS though, i have my batteries side mounted, but they are pretty close to the gimbal and VPS. And, VPS was enabled, so not really sure. Will have to do some testing tonight and see if it comes back without external batteries.

Reactions: Digdat0
Say Dig are you running the 32 channel hack.?? And if so what channel are you on?? Great work by the way.

This is not 32 channel hack, its using auto. In my area, channel 20 or channel 17 seem to be the most frequently used by auto. I had the hack, but was using auto anyways and realized auto only uses the standard channels, so i dumped the hack.

I have these three, the gray one is flat like the OEM DJI antenna, but it is oriented 90° different. I haven't had a chance to actually fly any distance with that one yet, so not sure if that affects performance.

6dBi Omnidirectional Antenna
7dbi Gray Omnidirectional Antenna
10dBi Panel Antenna

This last one I recently found, and it is flat and appears to swivel, so the flat side could be faced toward the aircraft. If I can confirm that, I may give it a try someday...
5dBi Blade Antenna

im curious too, you may find more over on these threads:
Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!
Cheap China Panels (Liehuo) vs. any Antenna!
ray rokni (i think it was him) had mentioned that he uses something similar. Let us know how they work, i'm gonna run into this issue very soon myself :)

Reactions: Digdat0
Hit a new personal best today. Was just out testing the new split battery mod (finally), so didn't plan on a long flight. Itching to go long now!
Max Distance 20,243 ft (3.8 mi.)
2016-08-14_20-17-41.png
Phantom 3 Pro, MaxxRange antenna, Midwest Horizon 5200ah Split Pac Power Mod V3

Hey dig,
I wouldn't worry about the vps readings. On mine, whether enabled or disabled it reads stupid numbers, any where from 2 feet to thousands of feet high, even when disabled! And it's not obstructed by anything, stock bird.
Side note:
Haven't been around much as this month has been a bad phantom month!!
My main p3p mainboard died, so stupid me sent it to dji instead of doing it myself.
Second p3p crashed when I tried to beat my record of 46000+, so I ordered all the parts and put it all back together, took it out and flew it around a couple days too make sure all was good. On the third day went out about 2000 feet on a new battery moded by a dealer that I had used without any issues( not going to name, since it may not have been his doing) %100 charged, suddenly I see red battery icon thingy on top right corner so I stopped going out and tried to land but it, I don't know where I could have landed because I was above dense trees, but suddenly just cut out and dropped like a rock. Could never find it as I was above dense trees!! Any ways, bought a p4 and another P3P, as soon as I get the p3 I will be back doing the same **** again, I am sure!

I'm really not sure why the VPS is doing the reading like that, and just noticed it now (didn't notice while flying). There is nothing under the VPS though, i have my batteries side mounted, but they are pretty close to the gimbal and VPS. And, VPS was enabled, so not really sure. Will have to do some testing tonight and see if it comes back without external batteries.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hey dig,
I wouldn't worry about the vps readings. On mine, whether enabled or disabled it reads stupid numbers, any where from 2 feet to thousands of feet high, even when disabled! And it's not obstructed by anything, stock bird.
Side note:
Haven't been around much as this month has been a bad phantom month!!
My main p3p mainboard died, so stupid me sent it to dji instead of doing it myself.
Second p3p crashed when I tried to beat my record of 46000+, so I ordered all the parts and put it all back together, took it out and flew it around a couple days too make sure all was good. On the third day went out about 2000 feet on a new battery moded by a dealer that I had used without any issues( not going to name, since it may not have been his doing) %100 charged, suddenly I see red battery icon thingy on top right corner so I stopped going out and tried to land but it, I don't know where I could have landed because I was above dense trees, but suddenly just cut out and dropped like a rock. Could never find it as I was above dense trees!! Any ways, bought a p4 and another P3P, as soon as I get the p3 I will be back doing the same **** again, I am sure!
Well **** man, I recall you were going to fix it, that sucks that it dropped on ya. And I guess that explains all of the stuff for sale as well. Glad to see ya back in the air. Keep us posted on how ya like the p4 as well.

Well **** man, I recall you were going to fix it, that sucks that it dropped on ya. And I guess that explains all of the stuff for sale as well. Glad to see ya back in the air. Keep us posted on how ya like the p4 as well.

P4 is ok, indoors it's really solid too!!
I liked the speed and agility but 28mins battery!!! Ooh I laughing so hard! I'm going easy on the batteries for the first ten flights, so we will see what I get after the break in, I never have broken in any of my p3 batteries but thought I do it on these.
Yea I got too many parts and stuff trying to get rid of, 4 controllers, poop load of batteries, chargers etc etc.
Should receive the p3 by the end of next week, so I'll try to beat my record next week.
Hey, do you think I should chuck the ext that died in flight!!!
I slow charged it and discharged it a few times, all the cells read the same, but.....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hey digs,
What's the furthest distance from home with your RC stock at the same place where you got 41000 with wind surfers

I honeslty dont know! This weekend I'm going to go out and test stock vs the CCP. I only have 2 batteries right now, i bought a 3rd which comes Monday. I'll keep ya posted. I'm calling my spot "windsurfer ally" :)

View attachment 62530 Time to update please: 53,000 ft, P3P, MaxxRange unboosted, battery mod. 1.4 fw...:-( with lower fw could have done 57,000 ft at least
****! thats a heck of a flight! Multistar 5200? nice to see some more 50k flights.

Bone Stock, P3A, 23015 FT
Thats a huge distance on stock!! what was your left over battery % when landed? I couldn't hit 23k stock, best i got was almost 21k. impressed!

****! thats a heck of a flight! Multistar 5200? nice to see some more 50k flights.

6600 Multistar. Still havent figured out whats better, 6600 or 5200...

Was using black dji props. I think the standard white ones give better flight time. Anyone knows ?

6600 Multistar. Still havent figured out whats better, 6600 or 5200...

Was using black dji props. I think the standard white ones give better flight time. Anyone knows ?
Hello, Thinking about using the 6600mah Multistar what flight time are you getting .
Currently getting around 32 minutes with the 5200mah Multistar

6600 Multistar. Still havent figured out whats better, 6600 or 5200...Was using black dji props. I think the standard white ones give better flight time. Anyone knows ?
I'm flying wooden props mostly, so in not sure myself. Would be interesting to know, I thought they were the same.

How does the phantom fly with the 6600?? Pretty stable or do you have to baby it?

I'm flying wooden props mostly, so in not sure myself. Would be interesting to know, I thought they were the same.

How does the phantom fly with the 6600?? Pretty stable or do you have to baby it?
The P3 flies ok with it, but you feel the weight. The P4 sounds like it will explode and crash, but flies ok too.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT