Official P3 Range Leaderboard

If the 5.2 MultiStar gives you flight time even in the middle from what me and Ed get, say 36 minutes, then on a calm night you should be able to do 10 miles pretty easily
My 9.23mi flight was in less than favorable conditions. I was avg 24mph going out and even hit some windy spots doing 17-19mph...It was brutal. I turned around at 45% and booked it back going about 35-38mph.

Reactions: Lee SK
You should be getting better than that. Is this new motors?

I've got
Multi 4000 LiHV 33:47 to 10%
I don't have a run to 10% on the 5200 but I did get 39:45 to 1% ;)
Not necessarily, what area are you in the world? I consistently get only 30 minutes on my 4.0
And as far as new motors old motors go, I know it's been tested and they say that there's a couple minutes difference in flight time on new motors, but I've been flying the P3P old motors P3A new motors, and I've seen literally no flight time difference with one or the other, I consistently get the same depending on which battery I use

Is there any reason to not go full throttle (full speed) the entire flight out and back. I know some say not to go full throttle up as this can cause a substantial drain on the battery.
Please enlighten me :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You should be getting better than that. Is this new motors?

I've got
Multi 4000 LiHV 33:47 to 10%
I don't have a run to 10% on the 5200 but I did get 39:45 to 1% ;)
Yes old Motors will be testing my other Phantom 3 pro with new motors.

Is there any reason to not go full throttle (full speed) the entire flight out and back. I know some say not to go full throttle up as this can cause a substantial drain on the battery.
Please enlighten me :)

Others can chime in their experience, but I've tested going less than full throttle and it didn't work out well for me I wouldnt be able to make an 8 mile flight back. I know some of the conversation in the P4 world states that you have to use good throttle management to achieve great distance, but with the P3, in my experience it's full throttle with as less stick movement as you can. And be sure not to ascended/descend at fast rates either very slow and gradual
(hope your enlightened[emoji41])

BTW MasterBlaster, besides having a kick *** username, that avatar profile is one sweet looking aircraft(hopefully you don't still use prop guards)
I'll trade you a kitten for it[emoji41]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1463859694.198479.jpg

Not necessarily, what area are you in the world? I consistently get only 30 minutes on my 4.0
And as far as new motors old motors go, I know it's been tested and they say that there's a couple minutes difference in flight time on new motors, but I've been flying the P3P old motors P3A new motors, and I've seen literally no flight time difference with one or the other, I consistently get the same depending on which battery I use

I'm in MD.

The Multistar 4000 test was 50f 10mph winds 33:47
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Here's new motors vs old motors to 50% on the multi 4000

New motors P3A - 19:09 ~ 52%

Old Motors P3P - 19:06 ~ 47%

Dirtybum, Just modded my two Dji phantom 3 batteries today tested my two brand new 4000mah and 5200mah mulitstar from hobby king got
28.15 on the 4000mah landed @ 25% heavy throttle
32.56 on the 5200mah landed @ 20% heavy throttle
Tested on phantom 3 advanced with new motors

Dirtybum, Just modded my two Dji phantom 3 batteries today tested my two brand new 4000mah and 5200mah mulitstar from hobby king got
Right on target wouldn't you say Tommy. I mean, I don't know how warm your weather is there, but as weather warms up and especially after you charge and discharge those things 10 to 15 times it's only going to get better. These batteries are not at their top performance when you first get them in your hand. Almost every set of externals I have I've seen give me 3 to 5 more minutes after 15 charges

Reactions: Lee SK
Those are the same times I'm getting on those same batteries down to 5%! So you're in for a treat Tommy

Lihv or standard lipos ?

Lihv or standard lipos ?
I'm using liHv's! I believe Ed's tested the MultiStar standards and I didn't do as well, i'm sure he'll chime in.
If you don't mind me asking what battery are you using currently Fanti? You're pulling some pretty good flight times! That's nites flight I did a combination 5.2liHv and 2.0 14.8

Last edited:
BTW MasterBlaster, besides having a kick *** username, that avatar profile is one sweet looking aircraft(hopefully you don't still use prop guards)
I'll trade you a kitten for it[emoji41]
View attachment 54631
Thanks!
I threw the guards on because I was doing some testing in tight spaces :).
If you can paint the kitten to fool my wife that it is another yorkie you may have a deal :)
Thanks for the flight knowledge!

I'm using liHv's! I believe Ed's tested the MultiStar standards and I didn't do as well, i'm sure he'll chime in.
If you don't mind me asking what back to using currently Fanti? You're pulling some pretty good flight times! That's nites flight I did a combination 5.2liHv and 2.0 14.8

Yes I tested the multi 4000 14.8v...Didn't bother with the 5200 and sent them both back.
Mutistar 4000 14.8v (331g) - 27:14~14%
Multistar 4000 15.2v (346.8g) - 33:47~10%

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member