Official P3 Range Leaderboard

54120 feet with the Phantom 3 Horizon Terminator extreme boosted Horizon power mod V3 5200 Mah split
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

IMG_0106.PNG IMG_0105.PNG

Oops, sorry I mean Ed 10 miles out and back

I've been trying hard all week. Winds are just not helping. Tried flying out directly into the wind, or cutting across wind and have been coming up short. The batteries are performing well, it's just the conditions. Made it 10.1mi and put it down early since I knew it wasn't gonna make it back the entire trip.
Here's todays - HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Monday I went 10.4 and put it down 1.9mi away. lol Winds are killing me!

Reactions: Mikepoo
About to make a run for 4th place.

Gotta love this sight!

wKLb1zq.jpg

Turned around early, 34k at 66% landed with 27%. According to my calculations after the fact I could have pushed to ~53% before turning around but I'm not sure that would have netted me 54,720ft (9 miles) and at 53% turn around I would have been landing at 0%. Looks like the winds were the same both ways which doesn't make sense as I was only going ~30-32mph each way. Should have been going closer to 35mph at least one way.

Turned around early, 34k at 66% landed with 27%. According to my calculations after the fact I could have pushed to ~53% before turning around but I'm not sure that would have netted me 54,720ft (9 miles) and at 53% turn around I would have been landing at 0%. Looks like the winds were the same both ways which doesn't make sense as I was only going ~30-32mph each way. Should have been going closer to 35mph at least one way.
Did you do a few test runs to measure wind at different altitudes using ATTI? My run was similar only I was only going 27-28mph with some gusts bring me to 25mph on the way out. When I turned around I was going 35mph for a bit then 32mph the rest of the way. I'm finding that when covering this much mileage, you never fully know what to expect until you go for it. Winds tend to change in different areas/terrain. Not to mention they can change due to weather systems. Which is what happened to me earlier in the week.

Did you do a few test runs to measure wind at different altitudes using ATTI? My run was similar only I was only going 27-28mph with some gusts bring me to 25mph on the way out. When I turned around I was going 35mph for a bit then 32mph the rest of the way. I'm finding that when covering this much mileage, you never fully know what to expect until you go for it. Winds tend to change in different areas/terrain. Not to mention they can change due to weather systems. Which is what happened to me earlier in the week.

Thanks Ed, I ran one battery test, stock P3 battery but I forgot to put it in ATTI. I'm charging now for another run here in a little bit. I'll run a battery in ATTI first.

I think I might know why I wasn't hitting 35mph. I have added a couple pieces of packing tape on the front of each rear arm down to the front and under the HK 5.2 to ensure it doesn't peel off in flight. The dual lock even the 400 on 400 is susceptible to peeling off as its weakness. It seems to be on there good but if I rock the front of the 5.2 down it peels off a little to easily for my comfort. I think the two pieces of tape are acting like a sail.

I should have just went for it. I stopped because at 66% on my previous best (7.53 miles) I was a little over a mile further at 66%. But I did have a 3-4moh tailwind too. Oh well. As long as I have an emergency landing spot I should be ok. I have never landed short before and I have never fought the below 10% autoland, at least not while running distance, so I am and was a bit nervous.

Another thing to note is on my 7.53 miles run I had in and out Video transmission only at the very end. On this ~6.5 mile run my video was out at ~5.5 miles (the last mile) so that was weird. Itelite MaxRange boosted. Also on this run all my telemetry (distance, battery info etc.) was in and out on the way back until I got to ~4 miles away. Must be atmosphereic condition differences I dunno.

RC and Vid signal crapped out at 26K this time initiating RTH. Oh well, maybe another day. Something about today's weather wasn't right I guess.

Please check your barttery cell info. HealthyDrones.com (Major Deviations!!!!)

Yeah I see that I ran the battery way Beyond 0% 4000 feet almost two minutes was running on the saddle packs once I recharge it should reset itself best thing in the world for the battery is running it all the way to the floor

Reactions: Lee SK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak