Official P3 Range Leaderboard

Hey Keith, hope you don't mind, but I have to share your flight video!

This guy has got some skills. Especially check out the 0:45 mark. If you weren't viewing this live on periscope and Facebook, it's worth the 2 minutes for sure!

Also, from now on, leader get's their flight video on the first post if you want to share!
Not at all Jake I think its a cool video thank you for getting it up for me.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
If you are going to fight wind " in your face" on the way home you better turn when the app tells you to. If you have no wind or a little help from the wind just turn before 50% and stay in gps mode, full throttle is fine, but yes atti really isnt worth the speed gained (usually)
70% ~ : safety
65% ~ 68% : nervous
60% ~ 65% : can't call for assurance
~ 60% : 50% vs 50%

You did Great!!! Did find your P3?
Yes, thanks to GPS tracker :)
sf1Kfp0.jpg

Reactions: Lee SK
**** man you went after it huh? That would have been tough to beat bro! Your battery life is pretty good man you should get 10 plus all day long!!! That took balls man hell of a run.

Yeah I guess you could say that. Flew 2 batteries before and was getting 30mph out 34-35mph return. I thought I was being conservative turning around at 50% since I was expecting 34-35mph on the way back. The funny part is the weather changed so quickly. Before I "went for it" I realized I left the stupid rubber band home...So I drove to Walgreens and picked up a bag. I think if I didn't leave for the store I may have made it. 10+mi in the right conditions ;)

That magazine aisle with the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition got you didn't it Ed! Probably was in there 20 minutes longer than you meant to be[emoji41]
zip tie that rubber band to your metal bar!
Yeah you're gambling if you're just relying on the go app to find your bird once you land it

Yeah I guess you could say that. Flew 2 batteries before and was getting 30mph out 34-35mph return. I thought I was being conservative turning around at 50% since I was expecting 34-35mph on the way back. The funny part is the weather changed so quickly. Before I "went for it" I realized I left the stupid rubber band home...So I drove to Walgreens and picked up a bag. I think if I didn't leave for the store I may have made it. 10+mi in the right conditions ;)
Your battery did great working! Did you use multistar 5200 also?

65% ~ 68% : nervous <==== If when you back 34-35mph ^^

That magazine aisle with the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition got you didn't it Ed! Probably was in there 20 minutes longer than you meant to be[emoji41]
zip tie that rubber band to your metal bar!
Yeah you're gambling if you're just relying on the go app to find your bird once you land it
Hahaha maybe that was the reason. I now have a bag of 500 rubber bands that will stay in my vehicle. I probably could have found it with the Go App but in a tall wheat field it would have been a lot of wandering around. Tracker definitely puts you right on top of it! I like the RF-V16 better than Flytrex because it's lighter and runs on its own battery. You can call it and send text msg to get coordinates. Click the msg from the tracker and BAM it's loaded in Google maps. I know I told you this before but for anyone else reading, it's really good.
Your battery did great working! Did you use multistar 5200 also?
Yes that's the battery I find to work best for me.
65% ~ 68% : nervous <==== If when you back 34-35mph ^^
These are all relative to the conditions. I had a successful 9.23mi flight and turned around at 44%.

Hahaha maybe that was the reason. I now have a bag of 500 rubber bands that will stay in my vehicle. I probably could have found it with the Go App but in a tall wheat field it would have been a lot of wandering around. Tracker definitely puts you right on top of it! I like the RF-V16 better than Flytrex because it's lighter and runs on its own battery. You can call it and send text msg to get coordinates. Click the msg from the tracker and BAM it's loaded in Google maps. I know I told you this before but for anyone else reading, it's really good.

Yes that's the battery I find to work best for me.

These are all relative to the conditions. I had a successful 9.23mi flight and turned around at 44%.
Yes! But who knows the conditions exactly?

Yes! But who knows the conditions exactly?
Nobody. Best you can do is check the weather, fly a few test runs at various distances, directions, and altitudes. Switch to ATTI and measure drift, etc. Knowing your battery performance too.

I'm just saying that there's no conservatism in setting records.

Nobody. Best you can do is check the weather, fly a few test runs at various distances, directions, and altitudes. Switch to ATTI and measure drift, etc. Knowing your battery performance too.

I'm just saying that there's no conservatism in setting records.
Yes! I agree with you^^ :)

Stock everything, p3p.
8a300c18b0a8101c9cf78be77ee73705.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
We're looking for max distance away from home, not the total distance. Can you post an updated screenshot showing max?

Here it is. Could have gone out further, still had full TX signal but video signal crapped out.
I just sent you an email from your web site with an inquiry to antenna mod. Thanks for your help.
d023c8bba97885d220227a8bf70750c0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Your P3 is a Tunderbolt!!!
Yea, in that direction!! If I go the opposite way, because of houses and trees, I go out my be 2000feet. That's why I'm looking to upgrade to the itelite maxx range.
What's the best overall battery mod? Weight vs extra flight time?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

We're looking for max distance away from home, not the total distance. Can you post an updated screenshot showing max?
Hey Jake
On the leader board I see " return to home" and one way. The numbers for the return home are only one way?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just ordered the itelite maxx, not necessarily for long distances because as you can see above, I can get long distance in los no problems with stock setup. I Just want to be able to fight the trees and houses in some locations, and I know I will have to order the amp kit also to realistically achieve more penetration!! Then probably the battery mod...... And I remember saying to myself I don't need to mod anything as it does everything I need it to, this is just a sickness not a real necessity, stock everything is really fine, but......

Anyways, if anyone has got some mod suggestions please let me know,
This is what I have:
2x P3P, 6 batteries, air2, VR goggles, litchi, fpv camera
Just ordered: itelite maxx, clean install kit from Jake at maxxuav

Last edited:
Reactions: MasterBlaster
Just ordered the itelite maxx, not necessarily for long distances because as you can see above, I can get long distance in los no problems with stock setup. I Just want to be able to fight the trees and houses in some locations, and I know I will have to order the amp kit also to realistically achieve more penetration!! Then probably the battery mod...... And I remember saying to myself I don't need to mod anything as it does everything I need it to, this is just a sickness not a real necessity, stock everything is really fine, but......

Anyways, if anyone has got some mod suggestions please let me know,
This is what I have:
2x P3P, 6 batteries, air2, VR goggles, litchi, fpv camera
Just ordered: itelite maxx, clean install kit from Jake at maxxuav

Battery mod & externals

Extra things to get: Boosters..tripod..rubberbands...zipties..tape...oh and a lawn chair

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus