Nvidia Shield k1 android 6.0 compass issue

Not sure, I stumbled across it a few weeks ago on the K1 forum an decided to take the plunge, knowing I could go back to lollipop if need be. Anyway, the compass seems more stable than lollipop was so all good.

I report the same thing. 1.02 update for K1 fixed compass. I had to check if full restore 6.02 image is out so I could make a clean install of it.

Thanks for the update. I was waiting for confirmation before I updated.

I just purchased the K1 from Amazon last week, it came with Lolipop installed. I have had no issues and it is night & day difference coming from the Samsung Tab 4 that I was previously using. I had to remove every possible app, stop processes and the Tab 4 would still freeze up. The Shield has always connected and no video lag in display. Best decision...well other than purchasing the P3P :)
I am still on Lollipop. How can I prevent upgrade messages without rooting?

I am still on Lollipop. How can I prevent upgrade messages without rooting?
I never did find a way, and it was all kinds of annoying.
Now that they've fixed the compass issue, why do you want to hold off on the marshmallow upgrade?
I did it the other day, and the only real difference I've seen so far is the way it handles SD card storage. You have to decide between integrated/external at the time of upgrade, but otherwise I haven't seen much difference between 5.x and 6.x so far. Maybe someone with more detailed experience has a difference view...

Reactions: rene van der meer
I never did find a way, and it was all kinds of annoying.
Now that they've fixed the compass issue, why do you want to hold off on the marshmallow upgrade?
I did it the other day, and the only real difference I've seen so far is the way it handles SD card storage. You have to decide between integrated/external at the time of upgrade, but otherwise I haven't seen much difference between 5.x and 6.x so far. Maybe someone with more detailed experience has a difference view...
I just updated and have not found any issues. Compass is fine.
Can you still choose between Litchi and DJI Go?
Do both work with marshmallow?

Yes I can use both. But for me I had to return Litchi because their map datum is not accurate within China. But other than that everything else worked.

Reactions: rene van der meer
I downgraded back to 5.1.1 just now, and the compass calibration problem is gone. The compass works fine, out of the box, and I don't have to recalibrate at all. To me, this is a 6.0 issue, but Nvidia support doesn't acknowledge it (yet?)...
Under 6.0, the compass would only move 10-20 degrees, even if I turned the tablet 180°.

Can you send me the procedure to downgrade the K1 down to 5.1.1?

Thank you,
Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94