Nvidia shield, but which one?

Reaction score
Hey all

I dont understand. Is there couple of versions of Nvidia shield? Because some of them cost 199 and other ones cost 455$. For example on amazon.

So what is the real nvidia shield that works great with phantom 3?
Plz advice

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Cyclone
Yep -- this tablet sells out a lot. If you find one, scoop it up quickly!

And proce varies between...??
I'm not sure what you're asking.

They are normally sold for about $215 USD. Prices can spike when supply is limited though.

There was the original Shield that came with a power charger and stylist. Nvidia then came out with the Shield K1 which omitted those two items but was basically the same. What you see for $200 is the K1. What you are probably seeing for $400 is the original Shield. Some companies feel that they can run their selling price up because they are not made any longer. And perhaps because they have more stuff then the K1. There is really no reason to pay more for the original as opposed to the K1.

There was the original Shield that came with a power charger and stylist. Nvidia then came out with the Shield K1 which omitted those two items but was basically the same. What you see for $200 is the K1. What you are probably seeing for $400 is the original Shield. Some companies feel that they can run their selling price up because they are not made any longer. And perhaps because they have more stuff then the K1. There is really no reason to pay more for the original as opposed to the K1.
So if i see one for $200 - i should go for it?
Cause there is also nvidia shield tv player which got me confused.
So it should be tablet k1?

All you need is the "Nvidia Shield K1" tablet.

Reactions: t2adze
might need one, but you cannot get one.

MSRP is 199.99, people are trying to sell them for double that, RIDICULOUS !

I just bought one used , the original with stylus and all :) for 100 bucks! thing is brand new looking and best part, Nvidia is sending me a new K1 unit because mine is was part of the recall :)

Rooted and rom'd now :)

Reactions: Cyclone
So if i see one for $200 - i should go for it?
Cause there is also nvidia shield tv player which got me confused.
So it should be tablet k1?

Yes. As msinger mentioned, look for the K1. I think the TV one is the the same.

SHIELD Android TV Streaming Media Player | NVIDIA SHIELD Store

Personally, I think Nvidia did not make any money off the original because of the higher price. This lead to lower sales as there were so many other tablets in that same market. So they put together a plan to make the K1 for a lower price in the hopes that it would be cheap enough to sell in higher volume. The spec are all the same though.

Oh, they also had that nasty issue of the original batteries blowing up. That probably hurt their bottom line.

get a shield k1 but as said before good luck finding one

Find a cheap used og shield, then submit recall claim for a new one. Just make sure the seller hasn't already done that though.

might need one, but you cannot get one.

MSRP is 199.99, people are trying to sell them for double that, RIDICULOUS !

I just bought one used , the original with stylus and all :) for 100 bucks! thing is brand new looking and best part, Nvidia is sending me a new K1 unit because mine is was part of the recall :)

Rooted and rom'd now :)
My understanding is you get a new og shield, not k1. Waiting patiently for mine to confirm.

It's likely Nvidia has/plans on stopping K1 production from all I've read so whatever is left is likely it. To me paying anything more than $200-$225 for it really isn't worth it unless you consider it a must have tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you can't find one let me know, but, where are you, shipping may be killer from Ontario, Canada,
I picked up the Nividia K-1 yesterday, they had 6 more in stock, actually 5 , I think one sold while I was browsing.
$212.00 plus tax.(Canadian dollars)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl