I want to start Litchi

Reaction score
Hey all

I wanna start using this software for flying. I wanna know what are the benefits and what else it can do interesting besides creating planned flight?

One more thing that scares me, is that most of the crash cases I've seen were flying with Litchi.
600$ drone isnt something i am willing to risk that much.

Plz advice
Thx

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey all

I wanna start using this software for flying. I wanna know what are the benefits and what else it can do interesting besides creating planned flight?

One more thing that scares me, is that most of the crash cases I've seen were flying with Litchi.
600$ drone isnt something i am willing to risk that much.

Plz advice
Thx

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app
There is a Litchi thread on here. Search for it. Reading material for days! Also, you have to thoroughly understand it because it is a mission flight. I have used Litchi and love it. Taking baby steps!

Paul

Not sure where you are reading that most crashes are caused by Litchi because what I have read, most are caused by operator error and mostly through using the DJI app. I use Litchi mostly for flying missions and like any other app, you have to check your settings and understand what they are and what the drone should be doing. As above ^ has stated, if you go into the search function at the top, type in Litchi and grab a six pack.

I agree with Tevek, ive usedLitchi since its inception and never had an issue with it, it pees me off when peope post that they had a crash whist using Litchi, yet log fies will show that it is usually pilot error that is the fault.

Read the manual or visit the youtube link in my Signature for all sorts of videos on Litchi if your on a mobile visit
www.youtube.com/c/flymyphantom

I also use and love Litchi...only one crash with it and definitely operator error. Again, as mentioned above, read and take baby steps to build your confidence. For every flight I do with GO I do about 10 with Lithchi.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I use dji go for basic flying and litchi if I want to do POI(orbit) or waypoint flying.

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Not sure where you are reading that most crashes are caused by Litchi because what I have read, most are caused by operator error and mostly through using the DJI app. I use Litchi mostly for flying missions and like any other app, you have to check your settings and understand what they are and what the drone should be doing. As above ^ has stated, if you go into the search function at the top, type in Litchi and grab a six pack.
I agree +1

Read and then reread it! The majority of problems and questions people have had with litchi could have been avoided if they had done so. There are a very few items not covered in the manual and members here have done a great job of discussing them and their solutions. An app like litchi coupled with a sophisticated bird like phantoms is not a "fly by the seat of your pants" system.

Read and then reread it! The majority of problems and questions people have had with litchi could have been avoided if they had done so. There are a very few items not covered in the manual and members here have done a great job of discussing them and their solutions. An app like litchi coupled with a sophisticated bird like phantoms is not a "fly by the seat of your pants" system.
I agree. I think most of the errors were pilot error not setting the RTH correctly and hitting obstacles.

Not sure where you're getting your info about crashes but your source is unreliable. Everybody has seen far more crashes with DJI Go than with Litchi. EVERY Litchi crash I've seen or read about has been pilot error (as are most DJI Go crashes) or mechanical failure (which would have occurred regardless of the software controlling the AC). If you're referring to threads you've seen about Litchi crashes, it's CRITICAL that you read the ENTIRE thread, not just the titles. I've used Litchi a long time and it's rock solid. As long as you've thoroughly read and understood the manual, planned your flight properly, flown in good weather, and used a fully charged battery, you shouldn't have any problems. Wait a second! That's the same advice I'd give to someone using DJI Go! ;)

Hey Iv heard a lot of good about litchi, and I have also used litchi just a few short times.. Have adjusted all my settings and watched many YouTube videos on it.. So far I really like the app.. But Has anyone ever heard of litchi force closing? This is my ONlY real concern with litchi, I plan to do another 30,000+ feet flight today, and thinking about using my litchi app so I can record the screen as it happends, so that I can review and watch the flight with all my telemetry.

As I said my only real concern is the app force closing on me when I'm 30,000 feet out or something like that. Is the probability of this app closing just as slim as dji closing? If so I'll prolly end up using litchi today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Iv heard a lot of good about litchi, and I have also used litchi just a few short times.. Have adjusted all my settings and watched many YouTube videos on it.. So far I really like the app.. But Has anyone ever heard of litchi force closing? This is my ONlY real concern with litchi, I plan to do another 30,000+ feet flight today, and thinking about using my litchi app so I can record the screen as it happends, so that I can review and watch the flight with all my telemetry.

As I said my only real concern is the app force closing on me when I'm 30,000 feet out or something like that. Is the probability of this app closing just as slim as dji closing? If so I'll prolly end up using litchi today.

I've never heard of force closing, crashing,yes. My take is that once the mission is loaded onto the drone, that is it, off it goes. It will continue even if it's disconnected and assuming you have set it up correctly, will keep flying the route and come back to you. The difference with dji go, is that if it disconnects it will activate RTH.

When using Litchi in Waypoint mode for autonomous flight, you are (for the most part) handing over your bird to the software running your preprogrammed waypoints. So you need to be extra sure of the height of what is under your preprogrammed flight path. All elevations are above ground level (AGL) at takeoff point. Not AGL at each waypoint. If the terrain rises along your path, the distance between your aircraft and the ground will shrink. This makes it more likely to hit trees or even fly into the ground. I crashed mine into a tree because, while I accounted for rising terrain, I underestimated the height of trees along the path. More "programmer error" (me as the mission programmer) than "operator error" I guess ;-). Always start with way more altitude than you think you need. Here is a video of my crash:

Bill

Reactions: JohnnyB
I've never heard of force closing, crashing,yes. My take is that once the mission is loaded onto the drone, that is it, off it goes. It will continue even if it's disconnected and assuming you have set it up correctly, will keep flying the route and come back to you. The difference with dji go, is that if it disconnects it will activate RTH.
Yes the drone will keep flying the mission if radio link is lost (except for gimbal moves. They are sent from the RC). It's good to make your last waypoint at your starting location. As an added safety measure to ensure the bird comes back to you.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter

Well I wasn't talking about missions.. I know it loads the missions to the quad and then it will just do its thing reguardless of the app...

But I was talking about phycislly flying my quad out 30-40k feet .. And if it were to force close on me there's a chance I could loose it .. I have antenna and battery mods if you were wondering how I would go so far..

I went out today and decided against litchi and just used dji go, made 40k but the only reason I didn't use litchi was cuz the map wasn't loading all the way like it had in dji go, and it was extremely foggy out so I wanted to at least have the map to see where I was going and what not.

Next weekend I will try litchi, I mainly wanna use it for recording of the screen with all the telemetry .. Cuz this way I can later on review my video fully and see all the telemetry as I went along..

Thanks for your response. Again I was just curious if anyone has ever heard of it force closing on them.. Would be a crapy way to loose a 700$ quad.. But I'm assuming it's just as stable of an app as dji go so I am not too worried.

Well I wasn't talking about missions.. I know it loads the missions to the quad and then it will just do its thing reguardless of the app...

But I was talking about phycislly flying my quad out 30-40k feet .. And if it were to force close on me there's a chance I could loose it .. I have antenna and battery mods if you were wondering how I would go so far..

I went out today and decided against litchi and just used dji go, made 40k but the only reason I didn't use litchi was cuz the map wasn't loading all the way like it had in dji go, and it was extremely foggy out so I wanted to at least have the map to see where I was going and what not.

Next weekend I will try litchi, I mainly wanna use it for recording of the screen with all the telemetry .. Cuz this way I can later on review my video fully and see all the telemetry as I went along..

Thanks for your response. Again I was just curious if anyone has ever heard of it force closing on them.. Would be a crapy way to loose a 700$ quad.. But I'm assuming it's just as stable of an app as dji go so I am not too worried.

Impressive numbers, I'm happy with my 18k-20k with an unboosted antenna set up..... I only use Litchi for planning missions but need to be careful with my fingers and check I'm not sending it somewhere unintended. For normal flights I use DJI GO4 and have never had issues with either. May be an apple thing, but the onus is on me to get the settings right before I send it up there amongst the trees.

If it force exits, can't you restart it and reconnect? Also it should still do a fail safe RTH if you shut off the controller to force a disconnect or if the battery dies. Maybe by toggling S2 as well. I've not verified this first hand but I believe that's how it works. Like DJI does

Nice man, and I'm using a maxxrange panel from maxxuav, the panel is also un-boosted.. I hit 40k today for my 4th run ever with a batt mod and antenna mod, but I didn't make it back cuz it was very cold out and sucked my batt down quick on the return trip, I usually get 28 min and only got 22 min , so I had to ditch the quad, but found it right where I landed it safe, right side up and un-harmed. Very happy I got it back, only took 10 min to find it. Gonna get a tracker soon.

I'll use litchi next weekend for a long distance flight and let you know how it goes . 18-20k is also very impressive. Specially if you live in a city or tight naiborhood with lots of interfeirance

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj