I want to start Litchi

If it force exits, can't you restart it and reconnect? Also it should still do a fail safe RTH if you shut off the controller to force a disconnect or if the battery dies. Maybe by toggling S2 as well. I've not verified this first hand but I believe that's how it works. Like DJI does

Yes technically it would.. But when your 30-40k feet out, ANYTHING could happen. Which is why I just wanted to ask if anyone has heard of litchi force closing before. Other than that as I said above.. I'm really not worried about anything else. I always make sure my settings are where j want them before takeoff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice man, and I'm using a maxxrange panel from maxxuav, the panel is also un-boosted.. I hit 40k today for my 4th run ever with a batt mod and antenna mod, but I didn't make it back cuz it was very cold out and sucked my batt down quick on the return trip, I usually get 28 min and only got 22 min , so I had to ditch the quad, but found it right where I landed it safe, right side up and un-harmed. Very happy I got it back, only took 10 min to find it. Gonna get a tracker soon.

I'll use litchi next weekend for a long distance flight and let you know how it goes . 18-20k is also very impressive. Specially if you live in a city or tight naiborhood with lots of interfeirance

A 40k trip with Litchi should work, would you need to disable the smart RTH in case the trip falls below the battery threshold? I live amongst a hundred thousand hectares of tress so height is everything and I'm happy enough. If I could your numbers, I'd be ringing my mum!

A 40k trip with Litchi should work, would you need to disable the smart RTH in case the trip falls below the battery threshold? I live amongst a hundred thousand hectares of tress so height is everything and I'm happy enough. If I could your numbers, I'd be ringing my mum!

Yes I always make sure "smart rth" is off.. Or else it will try to return to home mid flight and then you gotta stop it, turn back around, and continue back the direction you were going.. And all this wastes valuable battery time.. Every second counts.. And you gotta plan every move when going that kinda distance.. I flew to my bothers house yesterday 5 miles away and called him.. He was laughing so hard cuz he couldn't believe I made it that far.. lol he was amazed to say the least..

He didn't believe I could see him until I told him over the phone what color shirt he was wearing lol.

Told him maybe next time I'll use a drop release system and drop him off a cold beer haha.

Reactions: tevek
Yes I always make sure "smart rth" is off.. Or else it will try to return to home mid flight and then you gotta stop it, turn back around, and continue back the direction you were going.. And all this wastes valuable battery time.. Every second counts.. And you gotta plan every move when going that kinda distance.. I flew to my bothers house yesterday 5 miles away and called him.. He was laughing so hard cuz he couldn't believe I made it that far.. lol he was amazed to say the least..

He didn't believe I could see him until I told him over the phone what color shirt he was wearing lol.

Told him maybe next time I'll use a drop release system and drop him off a cold beer haha.

That is gold, maybe if you have time you could post up the Litchi trip, it would probably silence some of the doubters. I wouldn't have the balls to fly 8 klms although technically I should be able to do it in the right area.

That is gold, maybe if you have time you could post up the Litchi trip, it would probably silence some of the doubters. I wouldn't have the balls to fly 8 klms although technically I should be able to do it in the right area.

In the right area.. That's the key.. I fly out of a huge old runway field.. This way I get a great signal out about 10,000 or so feet before there are any obstacles and it helps ALOT.. I will be making a litchi video next weekend.. I'll put it on YouTube and send you the link in a pm.

In the right area.. That's the key.. I fly out of a huge old runway field.. This way I get a great signal out about 10,000 or so feet before there are any obstacles and it helps ALOT.. I will be making a litchi video next weekend.. I'll put it on YouTube and send you the link in a pm.

Sweet, appreciate that. The nearest open space away from the forest is a beach down the road that is usually deserted. Heading there once I get my fatsharks delivered to have a crack at flying to an island about 2 klms off the coast.

Reactions: NoBiffBetter
Sweet, appreciate that. The nearest open space away from the forest is a beach down the road that is usually deserted. Heading there once I get my fatsharks delivered to have a crack at flying to an island about 2 klms off the coast.

That sounds like a good spot.. And if your not afraid of flying over water.. Water is great cuz it reflects the signal from the antenna.. So you should be able to go even farther over water no doubt. But it's risky. Obv.

I will send you a pm if video next weekend buddy .

That sounds like a good spot.. And if your not afraid of flying over water.. Water is great cuz it reflects the signal from the antenna.. So you should be able to go even farther over water no doubt. But it's risky. Obv.

I will send you a pm if video next weekend buddy .

No water is my friend (except for seagulls), I take it up to 100mtrs to clear the cliffs and away it goes. I figured from that height and there is an incident the sharks can have it. Flown there a couple of times and the scenery is worth the trip. Must admit that at the end of 6 Klm trips, the sound of the quad returning is pretty comforting, hence the goggles.
Look forward to seeing the video, cheers.

No water is my friend (except for seagulls), I take it up to 100mtrs to clear the cliffs and away it goes. I figured from that height and there is an incident the sharks can have it. Flown there a couple of times and the scenery is worth the trip. Must admit that at the end of 6 Klm trips, the sound of the quad returning is pretty comforting, hence the goggles.
Look forward to seeing the video, cheers.

Heck yah man I bet it's amazing video it makes in that location. And sounds good man

When using Litchi in Waypoint mode for autonomous flight, you are (for the most part) handing over your bird to the software running your preprogrammed waypoints. So you need to be extra sure of the height of what is under your preprogrammed flight path. All elevations are above ground level (AGL) at takeoff point. Not AGL at each waypoint. If the terrain rises along your path, the distance between your aircraft and the ground will shrink. This makes it more likely to hit trees or even fly into the ground. I crashed mine into a tree because, while I accounted for rising terrain, I underestimated the height of trees along the path. More "programmer error" (me as the mission programmer) than "operator error" I guess ;-). Always start with way more altitude than you think you need. Here is a video of my crash:

Bill
It was a beautiful flight until the crash.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT