Non DJI Intelligent Battery Detected. Flight prohibited

newbie doesn't know what he is talking about more time will shed light on him . p.s squirrel good one

Sorry guys… :oops:
Coming here new to a forum and being offensive… Bad manners, I know… Not my intention to be rude! Just wanted to make a complain about faulty information.

Coming to this thread, nice people explained why the “Non DJI battery detected” warning came up on my last flight, and also how to fix it. –Just go back in software version. Nice and easy!
Also confirmed what I thought -the update was only to cover Phantom 4, so no loss in functionality. Good! :D
So I did revert the DJI app, and all works just fine again! Battery as good as any other battery I have! I’m a happy guy, and goes to thank the guys on the forum-thread!

Then I see that thread-starter, in just a few days, has gone from asking how to install the older app for his battery, to sending complaints to Banggood, to publishing video about “the crappy Banggood battery” that doesn’t work!!??
Then I find the same guy has started another thread with the description “DON’T buy Banggood.com DJI battery for Phantom 3”!
And then he posts:
The Bangood battery works IF and only IF, using the 'Litchi' app and NOT when using the DJI-GO app.....

I am quite new to the Phantom myself, but this I know is just not true! –I know this because I have used this Banggood battery for a couple of hours now, and the battery work just fine!!
So why is he trying to spread this obvious faulty information? And why does he suddenly ignore other postings that explain that it’s just a DJI software lock, an how to avoid it? Is this just another DJI stunt??...
I’m sorry… I do understand that it’s not good manners to jump at persons! And I do understand that someone who just started to fly, and never experienced the earlier DJI Go versions, will think that the unoriginal battery they just bought doesn’t work, but hey, this is already recognized in the thread!

I have been an active forum user for since I can remember, and I must admit that obsessive posts without hold strikes a nerve… :p
And as I said in my first post, I do not understand why anyone would claim you have to avoid a reseller when nothing is proved wrong with his product? I can’t imagine how neither the producer or the reseller could anticipate, or be hold responsible for, DJI “updating” their software after several months/years with a lock for no DJI batteries? (That should rather be called a downgrade actually…) o_O

I don’t give a **** about Banggood, but what I find really unfortunate, is when false information is spread on a forum where we all come looking for reasons and solutions!
Of course, we are all scared that our precious Phantom would collapse, and it’s not hard to understand why people rather pay for stock parts then “gamble” on using cheaper parts, but we can’t mistake what we think and heard with facts! That would make the forum totally useless!!
I have read quite a few of this speculations about unoriginal batteries, but I decided to try anyway, and I haven’t had any issues until this DJI software update.

So please don’t mix up hardware and software problems. The battery seem to work just fine! –I KNOW this, because I use it myself! And as I said, I haven’t heard or read about anyone having any problems!??

I DON’T know if it CAN fail, because I don’t have that kind of knowledge about this technology, and of course I am really interested if someone has experienced any problem!!
–If so, I will certainly consider twice before taking it out over the ocean again… ;)

... No, this battery does NOT work with the CURRENT DJI-GO app....

I’m glad you finally acknowledge this! Thank you! I just wish you would also change it in all your other posts and videos in this matter!

Sorry all, that you had to read this bloody long post when I’m actually completely ignorant and just don’t know what I’m talking about…

/orre :sunglasses:

Last edited:
I've had the same problem with a Powerextra battery I purchased on Amazon. Worked fine for weeks but started getting the non-DJI error after a recent app update, as others have described. HOWEVER, I found that the warning does not occur if you use a third party app. I use Autopilot from Autoflightlogic.com, which is a far more powerful app than the DJI app. When I fly with that app, the warning does not pop up and flights proceed as before. I guess this confirms the "problem" is in the app on the Smartphone/Tablet.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Anyone get a battery from Banggood and it works? Mine came in today. Charged it. Installed it. Started props and immediately got a warning on the tablet "Non-DJI Intelligent Battery Detected. Aircraft flight prohibited." and the props shut down. All the while, the rear LED flash yellow.

I understand (after reading some posts here) that I should revert my DJI-GO app 1 version. Why would I do that and what would I be losing by doing that? Also, HOW do I do that?

I just posted a claim on Paypal, but I really want this to work.

Suggestions?

I've had the same problem with a Powerextra battery I purchased on Amazon. Worked fine for weeks but started getting the non-DJI error after a recent app update, as others have described. HOWEVER, I found that the warning does not occur if you use a third party app. I use Autopilot from Autoflightlogic.com, which is a far more powerful app than the DJI app. When I fly with that app, the warning does not pop up and flights proceed as before. I guess this confirms the "problem" is in the app on the Smartphone/Tablet.

Reactions: Squirrel!
If it is the app, then why would batteries sold after March 8 work but before, not work?

My guess is that there's some data stored in non-volatile memory inside the flight battery. Once the alternate battery manufacturers knew the DJI app had changed and was looking for that piece of data to confirm it was a compatible battery, they updated their batteries to contain that piece of data in the non-volatile memory.

I use only litchi to fly my p3s and after reading this entire post I thought it was ok to buy these "chicken feet" batteries. I bought 2 and I cannot get either one to work. I do not have any version of dji go downloaded due to solely using litchi, so does anyone have any ideas for me?

I use only litchi to fly my p3s and after reading this entire post I thought it was ok to buy these "chicken feet" batteries. I bought 2 and I cannot get either one to work. I do not have any version of dji go downloaded due to solely using litchi, so does anyone have any ideas for me?
I'd return them and get the real deal. But that's me. I think using 3rd-party batts just adds a few more 'What ifs" to an already complex system.

I'd return them and get the real deal. But that's me. I think using 3rd-party batts just adds a few more 'What ifs" to an already complex system.
They don't accept returns...

Reactions: Jacob Allen Aikey
It is just Bs that dji is basically raping us, my local dealer wants 149.00 for a single dji battery. The place I bought the "chicken feet" batteries only charges 75.00 each. It may not mean much but dji has lost any future business from me, and quite a few others because of this.

It is just Bs that dji is basically raping us, my local dealer wants 149.00 for a single dji battery.

Hang on, you bought 2 cheap batteries that don't work and you're accusing DJI of overcharging? That may be so, however, US retail prices on DJI batts are still lower than other parts of the world.

It is just Bs that dji is basically raping us, my local dealer wants 149.00 for a single dji battery. The place I bought the "chicken feet" batteries only charges 75.00 each. It may not mean much but dji has lost any future business from me, and quite a few others because of this.

I'm sure you've considered the TCO when you got into the hobby, yes? If you've done the proper research before buying your Phantom, you already know that getting additional DJI batteries would cost you anywhere between $120-150. You're just angry because some unscrupulous factory in China with questionable business practices, using questionable raw materials, and following questionable or even non-existent QA process, started cloning those batteries and selling them at a lower cost. And you're comparing that to the real deal.

Don't be stupid. There is a reason those are $75...they don't work. I tried warning people here and even made a you-tube video. Don't be a jerk and start bashing DJI because they want to make a profit and stay in business. That costs money. This is normal business practice...sell the main item inexpensively, then sell the add ons at a high profit. Been like this with the model business since...forever. I paid $95 for my Bang-good.com BS battery and when it puffed out, they refused to honor the warranty. They are crap batteries and Bang-good knows it. They have lied and said they "fixed" the no fly issue but as you have found out, no, no they haven't. They lowered the price just to get suckers like you to buy. Try to return them...I dare ya...It will be an exercise in both futility and aggravation.

Better yet...try to leave negative feedback on Banggoods site...Good times, good times.

I use only litchi to fly my p3s and after reading this entire post I thought it was ok to buy these "chicken feet" batteries.
If you read this entire thread (you didn't) that I myself started, and you still thought there was no problem and that it was "ok" to buy these batteries even after seeing the video and photos I posted, then:

37399862.jpg

regardless of the risk you're going to take, you might try litchi. i heard that licthi doesn't care about using 3rd-party battery. . .

If you read this entire thread (you didn't) that I myself started, and you still thought there was no problem and that it was "ok" to buy these batteries even after seeing the video and photos I posted, then:

37399862.jpg
No need to be an *******, I most certainly did read this entire thread and about 6 others. And in every single thread there are multiple people saying that the batteries will work if you fly using a 3rd party app such as litchi. I use litchi and the batteries still did not work, I have however, gotten them to work using the dronedeploy app. But in the future I will be building my own multirotors and most certainly will never buy from dji again.

Not being an ***, being funny. There's a difference, even if it is hard to determine, sometimes. ;)

I'm the one who started the thread with video, proving the Banggood batteries suck ***. It isn't DJI. Quite the contrary, DJI is the shiz-nit. Love their products. IMHO, DJI is the innovator, everyone else just copies and reverse engineers them. And copying, is the most sincere form of flattery. o_O:cool:

Not being an ***, being funny. There's a difference, even if it is hard to determine, sometimes. ;)

I'm the one who started the thread with video, proving the Banggood batteries suck ***. It isn't DJI. Quite the contrary, DJI is the shiz-nit. Love their products. IMHO, DJI is the innovator, everyone else just copies and reverse engineers them. And copying, is the most sincere form of flattery. o_O:cool:
I'm done with dji for a number of reasons, one being the way they are blocking aftermarket electronics and charging way to much for OEM stuff. Another is their no fly zone controls, I literally live close enough to a small airport that I could throw a stone from my living room and hit the ATC tower, I have the airfield's permission to fly from their runway and have done so on countless occasions with other fixed wing and rotary crafts. Before I bought the phantom I talked with the dji support team and sales staff and they assured me that I could fly there with 0 issues. The phantom will not even power up the motors within a mile of my house. There are some restricted areas that you can get djis permission for a day or so at a time to fly but my area does not get that option. I can unplug the GPS and fly there but I need the GPS for some of the tight areas around buildings that I inspect for repairs. Also right out of the box I could only get 600ft distance before losing signal and rth would take over, I added the argtech upgrade and could get out to 900-1000 feet, and now I have upgraded the antennas on the birds landing gear and have increased my range out to 2300 feet, now I'm happy with the range especially from a P3 standard. But with all the mods and future plans for it, I should have just built one from scratch.

Anybody with a jailbroken device? there must be a way to edit the files in the djigo app.
the new update must now look to see if the battery is on the okay list.
Possibly edit the file to include your battery on said list.
i might have a dig around in the app and see what i can find... but yer, not much help for people with non jailbroken device.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl