Non DJI Intelligent Battery Detected. Flight prohibited

Is it android tablet? If yes - extract zip file to your chosen folder, go to the folder and run "dji.pilot.apk" file and install the apk. Then copy "dji.pilot" folder (it is located in your extracted place) to your device`s Android\obb\ folder. Run the program. Use file explorer for these operations.

I'm not very computer savvy...

Yes, the tablet is from the recommended DJI list, an Acer Iconia 10. How do I "extract" the zip file? I click the file icon and a pop up says "Unsupported File Type".

I have no clue how to "copy" or what an Android/obb/folder, is. Though I do appreciate your trying to explain it. :cool:

Try this from a different way, on my tablet I have a "Downloads" App, when I go there the DJ-Go.apk was there from the original install. I just clicked it. and it did my reinstall.

**** You must go to the Play Store and go to DJI go app and click on the 3 vertical . (menu) and turn updates off or it will update it back to the 2.6.1 ****

That's just it. I download and look in the download file and it is empty. I presume due to being "unsupported file type".

Reactions: Squirrel!
Was notified by Bangood they wanted pics or video of "proof" the battery didn't work. I did that and Bangood decided to refuse my refund. And they asked for video or pictures. I already sent these as proof. Can't show the Phantom falling from the sky...IT WON'T FLY! Not sure how else to "prove" it does not work? I advise anyone thinking about buying a battery from Bangood, to rethink and buy a reputable battery from a reputable company instead. Save yourselves the misery and headache I am going through.
"We are so sorry to hear that there are some problems of the item:[SKU327877]4500mAh 15.2V 4S Intelligent Battery For DJI Phantom 3 Professional Advance Standard Versions in your order#xxxxxxxx. Could you please send a short video or some pictures to show the detail (with the product label /banggood logo)? It’s necessary for our related staff to know what's the problem with the product and then we can go forwarding to offer you a solution."

And of course, no solution was offered in the reply to the photos I sent:

"Dear Customer ,
We are apologize for leaving a unhappy shopping experience at banggood .

Would it be possible for you to send us some picture or video ?Which will show more detail that maybe I can help you .

We sincerely hope to hearing from you .

Best regards,"

:

DSCN6015.JPG
DSCN6016.JPG
DSCN6018.JPG

Last edited:
Was notified by Bangood they wanted pics or video of "proof" the battery didn't work. I did that and Bangood decided to refuse my refund. And they asked for video or pictures. I already sent these as proof. Can't show the Phantom falling from the sky...IT WON'T FLY! Not sure how else to "prove" it does not work? I advise anyone thinking about buying a battery from Bangood, to rethink and buy a reputable battery from a reputable company instead. Save yourselves the misery and headache I am going through.
"We are so sorry to hear that there are some problems of the item:[SKU327877]4500mAh 15.2V 4S Intelligent Battery For DJI Phantom 3 Professional Advance Standard Versions in your order#xxxxxxxx. Could you please send a short video or some pictures to show the detail (with the product label /banggood logo)? It’s necessary for our related staff to know what's the problem with the product and then we can go forwarding to offer you a solution."

And of course, no solution was offered in the reply to the photos I sent:

"Dear Customer ,
We are apologize for leaving a unhappy shopping experience at banggood .

Would it be possible for you to send us some picture or video ?Which will show more detail that maybe I can help you .

We sincerely hope to hearing from you .

Best regards,"

:

View attachment 46737 View attachment 46738 View attachment 46739
I'd just send them a video like what they're asking for.

Get an assistant to tape you while you show them the Banggood battery being inserted into the drone, power up everything, and attempt to start the motors. Make sure the camera can see the error pop up on the tablet as you do the CSC.

That would be a more compelling evidence than static pictures.

Reactions: Storm
No, they asked for a video OR photos showing what they are asking to see. I sent them. As for evidence, they themselves reply to a complaint on their site that batteries bought before March 8th to NOT get the latest version of the DJI-GO app. Well, I bought my battery end of February and never had the option of installing any other app than what was on the Google Play store.

The description said nothing about needing a specific app, only said that the battery was the same as the original and it is not, as evidenced by the pictures.

Try this from a different way, on my tablet I have a "Downloads" App, when I go there the DJ-Go.apk was there from the original install. I just clicked it. and it did my reinstall.
**** You must go to the Play Store and go to DJI go app and click on the 3 vertical . (menu) and turn updates off or it will update it back to the 2.6.1 ****

Thanks! Work like a charm! :)

Imho this "not an authentic DJI battery" hysteria sounds just like the Apple mumbo jumbo forcing people to give them your money!...
Today I have about 10 charges on all my batteries. -The Banggood one too!...

Neither can I understand how anyone would want to claim that this 3:d party reseller is responsible of failure, when its just a software lock from DJI to protect their interests!?? -Well, obviously if their doing just that! -protecting DJI's interests...
Btw I believe reading somewhere DJI did the same stunt on a P2 update!?...

Sticking to 2.4.3 seems to be the obvious solution if you absolutely want to use DJI Go app.

(Maybe I will reconsider if my drone drops...) :p

Peace! :cool:
/orre

Last edited:
***UPDATE***

The Bangood battery works IF and only IF, using the 'Litchi' app and NOT when using the DJI-GO app. At least, it doesn't shut down immediately after startup. In preliminary testing, there were no issues. When we go out to fly again in a few days, more comprehensive testing will be done.

So I have therefore notified Bangood as well as PayPal to fuggid about the refund, I already have a true DJI battery on its way. So I will have 3 batteries. The catch is, the Litchi app must be purchased at the cost of $20. And there goes any savings one might have enjoyed had the battery just worked as promised from the beginning. Had it been in the description that a different type of app is needed so it works, I would have continued my search for a cheap battery. Of course, the app only needs to be purchased once, so after the initial cost, the battery price is still the best I have seen.

I will report back my findings. I am hoping my experiences helps another.

Reactions: Storm
You just have to stay on the 2.4.3 version of the app

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can't stay if you were never there in the 1st place...

Reactions: mdowney58
iOS or android ? There are ways !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

@Squirrel! Acknowledge that you don’t understand how to install software (as you did earlier in this thread) seem to be a more honest approach than spreading untruthful roomers around the forums..

By my own experience i know these batteries DO work with the DJI GO app too! (Version 2.4.3. seem to be the latest working)

AngryBird have provided us both with download-link and a how-to above! Thanks for that! :)
If you miss software to extract .zip file just download appropriate app. for your tab.

–Neither have I read anywhere that anyone have had any problems with this batteries?
So far I haven’t noticed any difference to stock. (Haven’t timed them though)

If someone KNOWS about it, please let us know! What you THINK is quite insipid!...
/orre

Orre, acknowledge that you are spouting off about things you know not about. No, this battery does NOT work with the CURRENT DJI-GO app, the one DJI has released specifically to supercede any previous version(s). The product description did not state an older firmware/app version would be required for it to function.

Now, I never had any FW/app other than the latest and greatest and have no desire to 'down-grade' so therefore, saying to not update is pretty ignorant. Now, not being insipid, but being factual, I proved that this battery does NOT work and it is a fact. Go look at the video. Also, you might want to read my update before you fly off the handle with your ignorant comments made to me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Storm and flpholt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik