No live video

i think i have the same problem after upgrading. no wifi connecting the app tells me, but there is! i started i new topic but i think this is the same problem? there are also no satellites and no no camera connections at all?
Thanks for reply guys

I am in the process of replacing my WiFi module. (I am the customer in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20006). I just noticed that the left small connector on the WiFi module only has a single wire vs. the three as per the third picture. Is there anyone else who has lost live video (but not telemetry) and are willing to open their phantom to see if they are missing wires on that small connector?

IIvS9aG.jpg

its kinda obvious to me that there may be lots of problems causing the loss of FPV. I've already sent mine to LA for repairs, but my problem was definitely temperature related. If you are in the middle of a project and can't take the time right now to send it back to get this defect fixed - buy a can of aeresol liquid nitrogen from Amazon for around $20. I have (had) a vision (nonplussed) - and my problem was solved by chilling the bottom of the camera (where I believe the wifi lives on the vision) to below 60 degrees - video works fine up to 640x480 at 15 frames - and stays working for the duration of most flights.

Probably won't work for anyone else - but worked for me for almost a month while I finished up my photography of a high rise demolition, in the summer, in South Carolina - and yes - a seven story building is a high rise in South Carolina.

I'm probably leaving this thread now - but I wanted to give a shout out to all the Australians on PhantomPilots. I love you guys - by far the least uptight folks on the forum. Fly right and bye for now.

MrFun

cayou99 said:
I am in the process of replacing my WiFi module. (I am the customer in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20006). I just noticed that the left small connector on the WiFi module only has a single wire vs. the three as per the third picture. Is there anyone else who has lost live video (but not telemetry) and are willing to open their phantom to see if they are missing wires on that small connector?

My live video works fine and my connector only shows a single wire.

No cable connected. (1 cable or 3 cable connector missing from my installation) Don't know whether this is the cause of my problems of FPV disappearing after 40 meters or so...Symptom of "Phantom Connection Lost".
Ordering one from online. Using the IOS WiFi booster will increase this FPV range to 100 metres before giving the same "Phantom Connection Lost" error again.

Hi, i fly for about a month with all works perfectly, but few days ago i had a problem with the fpv.
The connection between camera and phone is ok, i have all telemetry and i can take photo and video also i can view the files on the album but i have no live video from the beginning, like a black screen with a circle animated icon that is searching a signal.

Anyone have the same issue?

I attach a photo of what i have

Attachments

• IMG_06733.jpg
    IMG_06733.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 694
Further to my original problem of Phantom Connection Broken after 40 metres or do, I connected/fabricated a patch wire (middle only) on my WiFi module top left connector to the board connector as per the picture by "cayou99". Happy to report I managed to get 120 metres (had to abort due to rain!) vertically without any problems whatsoever and without a use of any booster app! It is hard to "phantom" why that wire was missing in the first place and/or what is the difference between three wires or just one wire! I have placed an order for an original set of cables via helipal. Will report how far I can go once the weather clears up here and once the replacement cables are delivered! DJIPVP-08 DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Cable Pack for anyone that is interested.

Wikinique said:
Further to my original problem of Phantom Connection Broken after 40 metres or do, I connected/fabricated a patch wire (middle only) on my WiFi module top left connector to the board connector as per the picture by "cayou99". Happy to report I managed to get 120 metres (had to abort due to rain!) vertically without any problems whatsoever and without a use of any booster app! It is hard to "phantom" why that wire was missing in the first place and/or what is the difference between three wires or just one wire! I have placed an order for an original set of cables via helipal. Will report how far I can go once the weather clears up here and once the replacement cables are delivered! DJIPVP-08 DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus Cable Pack for anyone that is interested.

I just looked at the wire kit you ordered and see that it comes with the single wire connection. I guess that's all that it uses.
Scary that DJI let it out the door with a cable missing. It sounds like you may have solved your problem though and that's a good thing.

Guys I'm going unsubscribed from this thread that I started. If anyone needs anything from me just message mr. Thanks for all the help.

What seems to work for me.

Launch DJI Vision Software.
Click Camera
Swipe left to enter "Map mode"
Exit map mode.
Live feed now works.

I am using an old ipod

Having the same problem here. Hadn't used the drone in about 3 weeks. Prior to that it was working great. Took it out yesterday and no picture. Figured since my phone had recently been upgraded to 4.4, I should probably update all the firmware (this could have been a mistake with everything I've been reading). After updates, still nothing. Have now tried it using app 1.0.37, .38, .39, .40, and .50 with no luck on Samsung S3 4.4 as well as an Asus Tablet running Android 4.2.

Called DJI Support and talked to a super knowledgeable guy who affirmed it was a known issue that they're supposedly working on. He said he's had some luck (with his Vision2) doing the following (he said these aren't officially recognized, but they may help with a workaround):

* switching to airplane mode
* killing all background apps
* Lowering FPV resolution
'* in some cases, removing the SD card so less processing power going towards that.

Tried all of these and NOTHING working. Super frustrating.

If anyone else has had any luck getting theirs up and going, would love to hear how

I thought that was problem of high temperature in the transmitter, so designed and constructed sink.
I did a test with open team and a hair dryer cooling it, but after 4 or 5 minutes, the video is short.
Failed test.
If you have news of what the problem is, please let me know.
Thank you

I suddenly got the same problem last week. Worked perfect for 2 months. Suddenly no video-feed.
I have full connection to the camera, can take pictures and video. I can also look at pictures and videos via the app, but no live video-feed.

Went to the store today, they sent it away for service. They thought it would take 2 weeks.

Fix the problem!

Ordered as replacement a new wifi module and replace it by the current.

Do not waste more time. A batch of phantom plus came with that fail.

DJI never answered my emails, fix it myself.

regards

Where did you get the module? I see maybe a link in your post but couldn't activate it. Taptalk?

It goes inside the phantom body. I'm wondering if it's the repeater? Do both green lights stay illuminated or do they flicker eratically?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart