No live video

leorockford said:
This si the message

The message in the pic is given when there is a connection loss to wifi.

I take it no one in this thread has did a search on this issue. I personally have told what the problem is, and suggested how to get it working. The Problem is in the v3.04 firmware. It is a heat related issue that is most known to show up when outside temps are above 75 degrees. You want to fly again with NO ISSUES? Do what ever is necessary to get your copter back to v3.0 firmware. Also learn from this and do not rush out to upgrade when a new version is available. Let others see if there is any head aches for at least a week before doing a upgrade with firmware. Some updates will automatically happen when you log into the Assistant, like the camera. If you get to a point that you are not able to get back to v3.0 come to my website and I will work with you on it.

Good luck guys

Well I got mine back today at 11AM and had it sold by 2 pm. So so disappointed with it, I will be moving on to another manufacturer. I hope all you guys get some form of resolution soon.

Dave

I read a rather odd report today of how a Vision+ customer was able to repair his broken video feed. I'll repost it here just to see if it might help some of you guys having troubles:

After talking to Matt at MotionRc, I changed my rating from a 1 to ★★★★★

"Posted by Ron on 28th May 2014

Unfortunately, I too was impatient and ordered my DJI from a different vendor. I couldn't wait after seeing all the praise, fly ready right out of the box, watched on YouTube, I was sold. After receiving my DJIPV2 I followed the instructions to the letter to get in the air. Unfortunately I could not link the camera with the Range Extender / phone. I tried customer support at DJI and was discussed with their lack of response. I received the usual, "do to extremely high volume please call back later".

After several calls over a period of about 10 days I called MotionRC and spoke to Matt. After explaining my problem he told they very good results calling DJI directly. He gave me the phone number they use and I finally was able to speak to a human being, how refreshing. After explaining my problem to the tech he said to try using a different email address. I said, "what would that have to do with it." He said, he really wasn't sure but they had found out the if the same email used to register the DJIPV2 was used to link the Range Extender there was a conflict. He asked me to try it and then get back to them if the problem persisted. That was it. No problem sense. I wonder why this was mentioned in the Quick Start instructions? Anyway, I am very impressed with DJI and very sorry that I couldn't to buy it from MotionRC. MotionRC is tops in my opinion."

Sadly - three different e-mail names, and still no picture.
I wouild try going back to firmware 3.0 - but I've been waiting on ground station for SEVEN MONTHS.
I finally gave up and called DJI LA, who told me that they thought the new app should have fixed the problem - and I should send mine to LA for repairs (turn around time about 5-6 weeks).
I fly at least three days a week, and use it for my business as well as personal...6 weeks is gonna hurt.

Flynfrank. Thanks for the possible solution. Reverted back to 3.0 and after that didn't work, tried 1.08, did not work either. My situation may be different as I have flown many times and had FPV for maybe 5 minutes. The bird is in the fridge as we speak much to the in-laws amusement. Perhaps this will indicate whether I have a heat related problem also, or something different.
PS. Not sure how to change the email for the range extender?
Thanks,
Will

willriii said:
Flynfrank. Thanks for the possible solution. Reverted back to 3.0 and after that didn't work, tried 1.08, did not work either. My situation may be different as I have flown many times and had FPV for maybe 5 minutes. The bird is in the fridge as we speak much to the in-laws amusement. Perhaps this will indicate whether I have a heat related problem also, or something different.
PS. Not sure how to change the email for the range extender?
Thanks,
Will

Can you explain the steps to roll back from 3.04 to 3.0?

Email didnt work for me. I'm getting the run around too. I hope Paypa can see through these guys. I don't get a response from email nor phone support.

jwwgold said:
Email didnt work for me. I'm getting the run around too. I hope Paypa can see through these guys. I don't get a response from email nor phone support.

Yea I heard the email thing about a week ago and tried it with no luck. It definitely seems to be a heat related issue "at least for me", and living in S. Florida does not help that matter at all.

Dave

I am never able to connect to the camera even when cooled off. My "whatever" must have gotten too hot and fried. I only flew it 8 times.

jwwgold said:
I am never able to connect to the camera even when cooled off. My "whatever" must have gotten too hot and fried. I only flew it 8 times.

Man that really sucks, it's a lot of money to spend on a "toy". Because let's face it, that's all it is now.

Dave

Todd Smi. This is for nonplus vision forum but its the same.
YOU CAN REVERT BACK TO 1.08 IF YOU WANT. Tried to link it but I don't know how. Search in regular vision forum.
Files are at droneslingers website.
Will

willriii said:
YOU CAN REVERT BACK TO 1.08 IF YOU WANT. Tried to link it but I don't know how. Search in regular vision forum.
Will

Hey bro I'm sorry you are still unable to get wifi.

You can actually get to v1.0 by installing the DJI Phantom Driver. Then run the Phantom 2 Installer v3.0. If for some reason you end up with v3.04 again you did something wrong. In that case start over.

Had I not figured out this fix when I did, my next step was to find out where ANY temp sensor was located. And I would have then took 2 readings using a multimeter. One reading would be the amount of resistance when the copter was room temp, and the other reading would have came after losing the wifi signal. The final step in that case would be to add a resistor that would only allow the amount of resistance when at cool temp.

willriii, I have a feeling you have two issues. One with the copter, and another with how your phone handles wifi. I'm not sure how much detail there is on here concerning your issue, but I would be happy to help a fellow pilot.

While I'm on the subject, does anyone either have access to, or know where to get a copy of the schematics for the vPlus? If so it would help greatly!

Flynfrank, you just mentioned "2 problems" I've been thinking for a few days now that for some of us it's not just 1 thing. I am 99% sure I had the "heat related" issue, along with some sort of app related or wifi related issue.

Dave

Clearly we have multiple probs. I think we have all at 1 time found that magic answer, where you went "****, why didn't I think of that?". This issue is not that. I haven't counted but there are 30 + possible fixes for this. Whenever you see that, you know you are talking about more than 1 prob even if 15 or so are about reducing the load on the ios device. When I put my Copter in the fridge, I know I'm getting desperate.
Luckily, I am still able to get at least "ok" footage
Will

flyNfrank said:
willriii said:
Will

Hey bro I'm sorry you are still unable to get wifi.

You can actually get to v1.0 by installing the DJI Phantom Driver. Then run the Phantom 2 Installer v3.0. If for some reason you end up with v3.04 again you did something wrong. In that case start over.

Had I not figured out this fix when I did, my next step was to find out where ANY temp sensor was located. And I would have then took 2 readings using a multimeter. One reading would be the amount of resistance when the copter was room temp, and the other reading would have came after losing the wifi signal. The final step in that case would be to add a resistor that would only allow the amount of resistance when at cool temp.

willriii, I have a feeling you have two issues. One with the copter, and another with how your phone handles wifi. I'm not sure how much detail there is on here concerning your issue, but I would be happy to help a fellow pilot.

While I'm on the subject, does anyone either have access to, or know where to get a copy of the schematics for the vPlus? If so it would help greatly!

Hey Frank. I'm familiar with how to downgrade from 3.04 to 1.08, but haven't seen anyone be able to go back from 3.04 to 3.0. Are you saying this is possible? And if so, would you be able to give details, step by step?

Again I mention that I cut my video image. The telemetry and control of the camera, work normally.
Buy the vision + wi-fi booster program, and works the same. I still have the problem of video.

Frank, please, if you can, post step by step how to download the firmware 3.0.
In the phantom two assistant program, I can open the secret door window, but not what is the username and password should be used to lower the firmaware version. As was done with the previous phantom.

I lean more to the fault is temperature or something similar.

Good luck and thanks.

Ok so 1st go to the app store and download my $8.99 app. LOL....No I'm only kidding!

Download and install the DJI Win Driver Installer. Next Download and install the Phantom 2 Installer v3.0. Thats it. Do not upgrade to v 3.04.

My FPV has been good for almost 2 months, but I have had a few instances lately of severely pixelated/cutout video feed. Happened to me yesterday at very short range when I was trying out my FPVLR Stage 2 kit. FPV was pretty terrible on first battery. Landed and ran on second battery and all was fine again. And on 2nd battery I got about 3,200 ft range @ 500' altitude - feed was perfect. It was warm-ish yesterday - maybe 80 degrees tops and not too humid. This is a different problem than "NO VIDEO FEED", but I'm guessing it's related. I'm on 1.08, using iPhone 5s with latest updates and latest DJI app. All other apps were closed prior to flight.

Anyone else experience this? Any thoughts on the cause & how to resolve?

Thx!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 426
Jeff, I don't have my FVPLR mods installed yet, but I have read that, at close range with high-gain, you sometimes get signal overload on the FVP. What I read mentioned it clears up as the range increases, or if you turn the antennas away from the aircraft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj