Night lighting

Polarpro do a good set of LED lights that either flash or remain steady on. I put the reds to the rear and the whites to the front. They clip on to each leg. That coupled with the Phantom strobe lights make it easy to see.
I think I put a picture up on one of my early posts on some modification I made. I fitted them to my P3S but really they are for the P3A or P, which I also have (P3A). Check back through my posts to see. Hope it helps.

Red front and white back ? But the phantoms have the original red ones in front although they are not visible from a distance.
It would be nice to follow the original rules for the airplanes lights - white, red and green - what do you think?

Red front and white back ? But the phantoms have the original red ones in front although they are not visible from a distance.
It would be nice to follow the original rules for the airplanes lights - white, red and green - what do you think?
Actually he posted he put the white on the front and the red on the back. I asked the same question about the standard colors (green on the starboard and red on the port sides) in another thread and there are no such requirements for sUav's.

Reactions: Astrix

I fly VLOS at all times so at night the white light is easier for me to see so I can better keep track of my drone.

@3rdof5 is perfectly correct, there is no requirement in the UK for UAVs to have lighting. Some fit them anyway as an extra safety measure. I too during the day fit my strobon lights purchased from @msinger, again in more of an effort for me to see the drone even though I maintain VLOS. The white strobon lights are much better to see in daylight than the red or green ever is.

I use my Polarpro lights on both my Phantom 3 S and Adv but use the strobon’s on my Mavic P. They are a big help trust me. By the way, I didn’t post that I put red to the front and white to the rear, I posted that I put them the other way around.

Did you get these mate ? Let us know how you get on [emoji106]
Yes I ordered them, with shipping and tax the cost was just over $50 cdn. Should arrive within 2 weeks. Thanks again!!!

Reactions: Astrix

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak