Newbie P3 owner with major problem

Reaction score
Hi guys, bought a secondhand P3 standard (maybe a bad idea) which does not start up. Battery turns on with four leds lit but the drone does nothing. No lights, no sound, nothing. I popped the top cover and the main battery wires have battery voltage on the pcb to them so it's not a power issue. Can't see any visual signs of damage to the board. I'm a bit stumped as to where to go from here. Anyone else had this happen? Any ideas what else to try? I am a total newbie to phantoms.
Cheers for any help.

Hi guys, bought a secondhand P3 standard (maybe a bad idea) which does not start up. Battery turns on with four leds lit but the drone does nothing. No lights, no sound, nothing. I popped the top cover and the main battery wires have battery voltage on the pcb to them so it's not a power issue. Can't see any visual signs of damage to the board. I'm a bit stumped as to where to go from here. Anyone else had this happen? Any ideas what else to try? I am a total newbie to phantoms.
Cheers for any help.

Did it start before you purchased it?

Or was it a eBay special.

Are you running it through the app?

Recommendation for future purchases of drones: never buy an used one, unless you buy it for parts. Always buy new or refurbished products from authorized dealers. Just my two cents.

Yep, lesson learned i guess. May have to use it for parts. Might need a new main board.

Reactions: macoman
Cheers for any help.
Download the online manual for p3 and have a read be sure to understand correct start up etc...

Reactions: Pharm
So with a battery that shows full lights, nothing happens when it's in the drone and you power it up?
Yep exactly. Fully charger battery in the drone with full 4 green lights drone does nothing, no lights on and no sounds from it.

Download the online manual for p3 and have a read be sure to understand correct start up etc...

Yep been through the manual. Gives you nothing for when you have no lights or sound coming from a fully powered battery turned on.

Yep been through the manual. Gives you nothing for when you have no lights or sound coming from a fully powered battery turned on.
As a follow up to the post from @ianzone, how exactly are you powering on the battery?

Last edited:
As the manual says, press button once then press again and hold for two seconds, let go and all 4 leds are lit green. I have also checked voltage to pcb and it has voltage to it.
It's probably suffering internally from an unknown issue, unless the battery stop working.

Cheers for any help.

Hello there, I'm in the same boat as you..... have u heard anything?

Yeah, that's my thought too but i don't have another battery to try, to rule that out.
May have buy a battery and a new main board.
HI that bad,,are you able to get in touch with previous owner for comment,,if battery lights on but drone has no lights I be asking questions if it does work,,,..that suxs..are you connected in dji app on device,,WiFi set up...what your remote light colour.when on ,green yellow red....

I paid $55 dollars for it, so it's not a huge deal... ya I have been talking to the previous owner and has not worked since the crash.... the piece it self is mint.... I have a phantom 1 that needs a new motor so if I can't get this to work I will try to switch out motors if its possible..... I'm new to the dji scene .... what app do I need cause I don't have that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen