Newbie P3 owner with major problem

Not sure about P3S but that's not true for P3A/P. In fact when AC works it is a COM port providing serial data about what it is doing, most of which is going onto the internal SD card as DAT files.

Not sure about P3S but that's not true for P3A/P. In fact when AC works it is a COM port providing serial data about what it is doing, most of which is going onto the internal SD card as DAT files.
Same with the standard, it becomes a com port. But the drone won't do a complete start up, the body lights don't come on, so you can't sync it with the RC while PC connected, or trouble shoot by light configuration. I've come to the point that I believe I have a corrupted "internal" SD card. I got it to the point of firmware upgrade, but it shows a "latest firmware..abnormal".

Ok, well i decided to tear my phantom down to do a bit more investigation. After getting the main pcb from the shell i had a closer look at the board. I definitely have a blown esc on motor 3. FETs are getting hot on that esc and others are cool. Components are also missing off the board either from heat and melting the solder or just blown off when it failed. Disappointing really, especially with the seller who will now not respond to contacts with him.

Attachments

• 20170424_191800.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 254
I have another question? If i buy an advanced or pro pcb will it still work with the 2.7K camera and gimbal and the remote i have or do i have to upgrade them aswell?

Recommendation for future purchases of drones: never buy an used one, unless you buy it for parts. Always buy new or refurbished products from authorized dealers. Just my two cents.

Oh dear, such a sweeping statement, really can't see how this is helpful to anyone. Of course there are risks - that's why they are cheaper, but it definitely does not make anything used, a bad idea - it's how many of us started, with what we could afford.

Sounds like the OP is not crushed that his $50 phantom isn't working, so he knew the risks, took the chance, and will get everything he can out of it. But I do believe there is a market for used.

Reactions: macoman
Thank u jwmcgrath, worst case senerio I put back together and it will be decoy camera on a shelf, but I really want this thing running!!!

Reactions: macoman
Oh dear, such a sweeping statement, really can't see how this is helpful to anyone. Of course there are risks - that's why they are cheaper, but it
Thank u jwmcgrath, worst case senerio I put back together and it will be decoy camera on a shelf, but I really want this thing running!!!
Dronenerds.com best bet then.

Sounds like the OP is not crushed that his $50 phantom isn't working, so he knew the risks, took the chance, and will get everything he can out of it. But I do believe there is a market for used.[/QUOT
A 2.7k camera, body, and whatever else is good is pretty good for $50. If he really wants it to fly again...see dronenerds.com. Cheapest, best way to have a DJI certified repair done.

Sounds like the OP is not crushed that his $50 phantom isn't working, so he knew the risks, took the chance, and will get everything he can out of it. But I do believe there is a market for used.

Actually I'm the OP and i paid $425 AUD for the thing so I'm not real happy about it. Seller had to know it wasn't working. Too trustworth i guess. Won't be buying second hand again unless i can see it working. Lesson learned.

Can anyone tell me if an advanced or pro board will work with a 2.7K camera?

Cheers Tim

Actually I'm the OP and i paid $425 AUD for the thing so I'm not real happy about it. Seller had to know it wasn't working. Too trustworth i guess. Won't be buying second hand again unless i can see it working. Lesson learned.

Cheers Tim

Sorry Tim... where did I read that?! Someone posted something about $50... I apologize for mis-quoting you.

And I'm very much like you... very trusting. Getting cynical mind you, but I don't think it's a bad thing to have a little faith.

Yes, I'm sure he did know (original owner). Really sorry for you and I can well imagine you aren't too happy.

Sorry Tim... where did I read that?! Someone posted something about $50... I apologize for mis-quoting you.

And I'm very much like you... very trusting. Getting cynical mind you, but I don't think it's a bad thing to have a little faith.

Yes, I'm sure he did know (original owner). Really sorry for you and I can well imagine you aren't too happy.

No problem jwmcgrath, wasn't upset with what you said as there was another guys that posted that he got his for $50. I too, wouldn't have been too upset about $50.

Hopefully with a board replacement i can get it going. I really should have looked into phantoms before buying this one. There seems to be numerous problems people are dealing with. I have had a Hobbyking Quannum Nova for about 2 years and never had any issues with it.

No problem jwmcgrath, wasn't upset with what you said as there was another guys that posted that he got his for $50. I too, wouldn't have been too upset about $50.

Hopefully with a board replacement i can get it going. I really should have looked into phantoms before buying this one. There seems to be numerous problems people are dealing with. I have had a Hobbyking Quannum Nova for about 2 years and never had any issues with it.

I really have to stop speed reading posts…

It really is too bad when trusting people get stung. I had a friend looking and he knew that I knew my way around the phantom so he had me doing the shopping… That's a tall order. He only had a budget for used and of course that's nerve-wracking.

There is so much more available online, but I got lucky and found one locally that I was able to go and see and try. I was able to link it and get the lights flashing but I wasn't able to start it… Since the flashing pattern was not all red I was confident that it was nothing more than updates because it hadn't been powered up in quite a while.

Luckily I was right and all worked out, but I know what you were saying as well as the rest on here that know and believe that there is still a market for used. At the price they are they are certainly not disposable, but a lot of people would like to upgrade without thinking they have to keep and waste an older one.

No, most standard components will not work with Advanced/pro including gimbal/camera.

Cheers Tim

no one has said this yet but i find it absolutely ridiculous that you didnt ask to see it flying or fly it yourself.its madness.
your buying a second hand drone so you can fly it, so surely you want and need to see that it can fly before you part with 425 dollars.
either you have money to burn or your very naive.
would you buy a car and not take it for a test drive i mean come on.

no one has said this yet but i find it absolutely ridiculous that you didnt ask to see it flying or fly it yourself.its madness.
your buying a second hand drone so you can fly it, so surely you want and need to see that it can fly before you part with 425 dollars.
either you have money to burn or your very naive.
would you buy a car and not take it for a test drive i mean come on.

It's just nice to think that sometimes maybe we can live in a world that has some integrity left in it. Nice to take a chance and be rewarded for it.

The OP isn't looking to blame anyone; he knows he got caught and he's just trying to salvage what he can.

I'm no angel but when I sell something, it works, it's exactly as described and no one is getting screwed. Anyone can trust what they buy from me, but not everyone shares the same values.

I've bought things on here sight unseen and untested and been very satisfied as well.

Shame on the seller, not the OP.

Dam Cuckaburra no need to kick a guy while he's down he said he didn't know anything about them so trusted what the seller said...I'm sure we all know how excited we get buying the first one used or not give him a brake he's phantom owner now flying or not

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik