Newbie P3 owner with major problem

I paid $55 dollars for it, so it's not a huge deal... ya I have been talking to the previous owner and has not worked since the crash.... the piece it self is mint.... I have a phantom 1 that needs a new motor so if I can't get this to work I will try to switch out motors if its possible..... I'm new to the dji scene .... what app do I need cause I don't have that?
I don't even think that the phantom 1 have any supported app available. That drone is considered antique.

True, id like to get it going again tho.... I have 3 of the traxxas atons.... love them.... I'm a beginner..... I'll figure out this phantom 3 situation with the help of all u phantom experts..... it's just figuring out we're to start, again the piece is mint with all the parts, please keep in touch....

I paid $55 dollars for it, so it's not a huge deal... ya I have been talking to the previous owner and has not worked since the crash.... the piece it self is mint.... I have a phantom 1 that needs a new motor so if I can't get this to work I will try to switch out motors if its possible..... I'm new to the dji scene .... what app do I need cause I don't have that?
Djigo from play store or app store it's free ,,you connect through WiFi in settings...if you can connect might give you better idea what going on
1492982608531-1963159440.jpg
this is the quick start guide,,,,:)

HI that bad,,are you able to get in touch with previous owner for comment,,if battery lights on but drone has no lights I be asking questions if it does work,,,..that suxs..are you connected in dji app on device,,WiFi set up...what your remote light colour.when on ,green yellow red....

Light on the remote is red. So no connection. I have installed the app but haven't really played with it as the drone wouldn't fire up. I will have a go with it when i get home from work. Maybe it might tellme something.

Light on the remote is red. So no connection. I have installed the app but haven't really played with it as the drone wouldn't fire up. I will have a go with it when i get home from work. Maybe it might tellme something.
OK best of luck:)

Hello, I am doing the same thing on a P3-S. Battery powers up, but no lights on drone.
What I have done so far.
I connected the drone to my computer, it did not connect.
I pulled SD card and installed the latest firmware.
I then powered up the drone, while connected to the computer (don't know if that had anything to do with it or not)
The drone sat there for 20 min or so doing nothing with no lights, but battery lights on.
After about 20 min, the thing started chirping, camera started dancing, and all lights came on.
I synced RC to AC....good.
Then I tried to calibrate the IMU, which it said it needed, but it only got to 2% then said "IMU unknown error".
The Go app showed "Main Controller Error".
Then the quad stopped, and now I am waiting for it to start again.
From all that, I can recommend that you turn it on with a full battery.........and wait. Maybe up to an hour.
I am repairing this quad for a customer, but he did not tell me he had crashed it. Which he must have, looking at the quad.
I am at the point where I think the main controller is damaged, as a damaged IMU would not hinder a start up, but hinder a calibration.
Still working on it.

That's helpful, I have not connected it to computer yet but will try, thanks a lot... keep me posted.

I would stick with the DJI Go app from the Android store, or for the IPhone or Ipad either.

I looked into the dji app, and it looked like it was for video only, not for a dashboard for the drone itself

I looked into the dji app, and it looked like it was for video only, not for a dashboard for the drone itself
Yip needs djigo app ,,runs everything to do with drone..you can power up and run without device but no way to do calibrations etc....:)something not right it should power up straight away

But it is the controller for the drone. It handles everything from flight to upgrades to firmware.

Yip needs djigo app ,,runs everything to do with drone..you can power up and run without device but no way to do calibrations etc....:)something not right it should power up straight away
You should connect with dji app go back to flight data and upload last flight to airdata,used to be healthy drones,,and that show what went wrong where and when,,,,

From what I have tried so far, it appears that the battery that came with the drone, has a problem. When I use the battery that came with it, the quad does not try to "boot" or turn on. When I replaced the battery with one of my others, it started trying to "boot" every ten min. on the dot. Still not working, but every 10min, it beeps, the camera dances, and it tries to start.
I am even more convinced that the "Main Controller Data Error" is my problem. It is beginning to look like a hardware failure, instead of a firmware, or calibration issue.
If it is a hardware issue, sending it off or even buying the controller and going that route is hardly worth it, as you can now buy a P3-S for less than $400.00.
If you have another battery you can try, do that.

From what I have tried so far, it appears that the battery that came with the drone, has a problem. When I use the battery that came with it, the quad does not try to "boot" or turn on. When I replaced the battery with one of my others, it started trying to "boot" every ten min. on the dot. Still not working, but every 10min, it beeps, the camera dances, and it tries to start.
I am even more convinced that the "Main Controller Data Error" is my problem. It is beginning to look like a hardware failure, instead of a firmware, or calibration issue.
If it is a hardware issue, sending it off or even buying the controller and going that route is hardly worth it, as you can now buy a P3-S for less than $400.00.
If you have another battery you can try, do that.
Yip you got hands full on that one..I knocked mine onto floor off table by accident and it near stuffed it...(p34k)now it's a bit of a ornament,,still goes but they not liking any knocks let alone a crash,which dji needs to look at:)

There is a SD card inside the quad that can not be reached without tearing it down.
I have never removed one because it is secured in by glue or something and is not easy to pull.
My message of "Main Controller Data Error" sure seems to point to that SD card. Were this my drone I would give it a try. You might should do that.
I believe that when you do a firmware update the quad transfers the firmware to this internal card, that is why you can change out cards and not lose your firmware.
If this card is corrupted it may well be the issue, as everything else looks good.
Check out the video:
SD card starts at about 9:45 n video.

Reactions: macoman and djtivey
Very helpful video, if u have anymore videos regarding the phantom 3 please send
I have determined that connecting it to your PC is "not" needed. As a matter of fact it will keep it from starting correctly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj