Newbie P3 owner with major problem

Dam Cuckaburra no need to kick a guy while he's down he said he didn't know anything about them so trusted what the seller said...I'm sure we all know how excited we get buying the first one used or not give him a brake he's phantom owner now flying or not
Im sorry if it seemed like that but it wasn't intentional.but i stand by what i said.drones fly,that's all they do( besides the camera).if your buying a second hand one shouldn't you see if it does the one thing it should do,FLY, before you hand over the money?

No I don't think that's right at all you can't test drive a new or used car they don't let you get a new drone out of the box to see if it flies. I wonder how many people buy a new drone and it doesn't fly from what I hear its quite a bit...it's happened to me bought a brand new typhoon (which yuneec sucks anyways ) out of the box brand new guess what it was a no fly but I'm sure the guy selling it knew a little lingo and made it seem like it would so I guess a little I can see what your saying but not really...it would be like if you bought a car you were real excited about and the motor blew two days later nobody wants to hear from that buddy that's says I told you you shouldn't have bought that POS just say ..... dang man next time just see if it flys before you buy it but he already bought it he knows not to make that mistake again....just sayin

True, id like to get it going again tho.... I have 3 of the traxxas atons.... love them.... I'm a beginner..... I'll figure out this phantom 3 situation with the help of all u phantom experts..... it's just figuring out we're to start, again the piece is mint with all the parts, please keep in touch....
No problem jwmcgrath, wasn't upset with what you said as there was another guys that posted that he got his for $50. I too, wouldn't have been too upset about $50.

Hopefully with a board replacement i can get it going. I really should have looked into phantoms before buying this one. There seems to be numerous problems people are dealing with. I have had a Hobbyking Quannum Nova for about 2 years and never had any issues with it.

you can not judge a companies products by a USED one from EBAY, not fairly at least.
I feel for you for sure ,
but to question the products based upon a poor experience with a poor decision purchase is silly.

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: The drone mafia
No I don't think that's right at all you can't test drive a new or used car they don't let you get a new drone out of the box to see if it flies. I wonder how many people buy a new drone and it doesn't fly from what I hear its quite a bit...it's happened to me bought a brand new typhoon (which yuneec sucks anyways ) out of the box brand new guess what it was a no fly but I'm sure the guy selling it knew a little lingo and made it seem like it would so I guess a little I can see what your saying but not really...it would be like if you bought a car you were real excited about and the motor blew two days later nobody wants to hear from that buddy that's says I told you you shouldn't have bought that POS just say ..... dang man next time just see if it flys before you buy it but he already bought it he knows not to make that mistake again....just sayin

i think we will agree to disagree.
good luck op i hope it works out for you, genuinely i do.

Same with the standard, it becomes a com port. But the drone won't do a complete start up, the body lights don't come on, so you can't sync it with the RC while PC connected, or trouble shoot by light configuration. I've come to the point that I believe I have a corrupted "internal" SD card. I got it to the point of firmware upgrade, but it shows a "latest firmware..abnormal".
A P3A will start up if AC connected to a PC as a COM port (not in flight data mode) and RC does connect. I just tested earlier today. I would expect a standard to do the same.

A P3A will start up if AC connected to a PC as a COM port (not in flight data mode) and RC does connect. I just tested earlier today. I would expect a standard to do the same.
Yes, I believe you are correct. I have got it figured out. It seems that the unit has internal damage to the IMU. It is being sent to DroneWorld for repairs. I am confident that I could repair the unit, but DroneWorld is certified by DJI, and their prices are hard to beat, for a tested, warranted repair.

Yes, I believe you are correct. I have got it figured out. It seems that the unit has internal damage to the IMU. It is being sent to DroneWorld for repairs. I am confident that I could repair the unit, but DroneWorld is certified by DJI, and their prices are hard to beat, for a tested, warranted repair.
I love droneworld, best place to get support!!

If its a P3 for $55.00, I would buy it for parts, if you include the battery....even if I have to get it repaired, it would be worth it. I bought a refurbished P3 from Newegg, Paid about $350 (with tax) - Will called it...So because it is refurbed, I feel confident it will fly...I was going to buy a buddy's P3, but he wanted about $300, So for the $50 bucks, I got some assurance. I am serious about the $55.00, so let me know. I have a repair shop near me, so even a couple hundred wouldn't be bad. I also have a P330 (Phantom 1) that I bought for $225.00 with 3 batteries, and spare props...works great, but wanted to get into the DJI GO app, and true Gimbled Camera!. Good Luck!

I paid $55 dollars for it, so it's not a huge deal... ya I have been talking to the previous owner and has not worked since the crash.... the piece it self is mint.... I have a phantom 1 that needs a new motor so if I can't get this to work I will try to switch out motors if its possible..... I'm new to the dji scene .... what app do I need cause I don't have that?

DJI GO app through google playsore or iTunes app store

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj