New (to me) P3A Issue

Reaction score
So I took a chance and purchased a used P3A from B&H. Have always had good luck with them in the past, so figured I'd give it a go.

Out of the box, the aircraft will not connect with the remote. When in the GO app, I have no camera view, a large "No Signal" banner at the top of the screen, and a signal quality rating of "poor". I've Googled and YouTubed the past couple of hours away and still can't get a clear picture of what the issue is. Much of what I found seems to point to a possible firmware mismatch, but again, it's all a little foggy. I believe the firmware on the remote is one version behind (1.1.5?), but have no idea what is on the P3 or battery.

Assuming there isn't a physical issue with the equipment (a fairly big assumption, I know), does anyone have any advice on where to begin the troubleshooting process?

Thanks!

Assuming there isn't a physical issue with the equipment (a fairly big assumption, I know), does anyone have any advice on where to begin the troubleshooting process?
Just to eliminate the obvious and easiest possibility ..... have you connected the remote to your tablet via USB cable?

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the two are connected via USB.

Much of what I found seems to point to a possible firmware mismatch, but again, it's all a little foggy.
Firmware issues shouldn't affect signal.
A couple of other long shots but easy things to check ...
While everything's turned on, try pulling the USB cord and reconnecting it
Try pulling the SD card out and see if that makes any difference

I will try that. I did just read about "pairing" the aircraft and remote. I know they should already be paired, but I'm wondering if something might have occurred during B&H's inspection/testing (assuming they actually did that) that might have caused the pair to be broken. Thoughts?

I will try that. I did just read about "pairing" the aircraft and remote. I know they should already be paired, but I'm wondering if something might have occurred during B&H's inspection/testing (assuming they actually did that) that might have caused the pair to be broken. Thoughts?
Yes I think you need to pair it. They probably just matched a controller and aircraft together and didn't even bother to pair them. They may use one main controller to test and didn't re-pair your controller. It is fairly easy to re-pair the controller, just follow the manual (page 28)

I once had a similar experience.
I was not able to pair the RC with the AC.It turned out to be problem with the controller.
If you cannot pair, is there someone nearby you can ask to swap the AC or RC?

So I took a chance and purchased a used P3A from B&H. Have always had good luck with them in the past, so figured I'd give it a go.

Out of the box, the aircraft will not connect with the remote. When in the GO app, I have no camera view, a large "No Signal" banner at the top of the screen, and a signal quality rating of "poor". I've Googled and YouTubed the past couple of hours away and still can't get a clear picture of what the issue is. Much of what I found seems to point to a possible firmware mismatch, but again, it's all a little foggy. I believe the firmware on the remote is one version behind (1.1.5?), but have no idea what is on the P3 or battery.

Thanks!

try a different usb also,, some work in some devices and not others ..

update all the fw to make sure rc and quad are on same "page"

do as others say-- rebind rc

move to different area to start the quad and do this--
it is very sensitive to metal and interference, way more so that p2
I know my phantoms from them needed updates as they arrived last month.

if after everything you still have an issue after trying all.
they have a great 30 day return

Last edited:
I had that problem yesterday. I unplugged the usb from the RC and plunged it in again and it worked. Some times it is just the simple little things.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl