New? Shell Differences

Is the possibility to mount old mainboard with engines in new wersion of shell ?
is there any danger in flight with different version of shell ?

I bought phantom 3 pro in old version of shell , but I must change shell and I wonder if the new version of shell will be ok for me ?

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've discovered something I don't see mentioned in this thread.

I have a P3P with the newer style motors. I ordered a new shell from amazon (camrise seller) and it is the old style shell. The newer motors are not compatible with the old style shell. The newer motors need the notched out "V" in the tabs in order to mount correctly.
SO, if you have the newer style motors and plan to replace your shell, be sure to get the newer style shell.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I've discovered something I don't see mentioned in this thread.

I have a P3P with the newer style motors. I ordered a new shell from amazon (camrise seller) and it is the old style shell. The newer motors are not compatible with the old style shell. The newer motors need the notched out "V" in the tabs in order to mount correctly.
SO, if you have the newer style motors and plan to replace your shell, be sure to get the newer style shell.

If you follow the link in post #83 on this thread, it will take you to here: New? Shell Differences and you can see the differences. I'm sure it's been mentioned here more than once, although I admit it's sometimes difficult to dig everything out with a search..

I believe some people here have just modified the motor mounts by carefully filing down the tabs as necessary. The newer 'improved' design didn't put an end to the stress crack problem anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan