New pilot, new work station.

Reaction score
Good day phantom pilots,

I will soon be the proud new owner of a dji phantom 3 professional quad.

Where to begin? Well a thoughtful Christmas present got this ball rolling. Got a quadrone Tumblr for xmas and proceeded to fly it straight into a tree, and another tree and finally it met it's maker when it hit some power lines. Well I am hooked. Got a cheap nano and a micro at Walmart to get some flight time under my belt. Got a parrot ar 2.0 a few weeks later which now needs new main board due to a faulty connector to nav board [it fell]. I will fix in due time. Hopefully parrot will get back to me and send me one.

Now I am flying a udi u818a to continue to get flight time under my belt as the phantom will be here Wednesday and I want all the practice I can get... which is why I have 6 batteries worth the cost of the drone itself hehe.

Anyway, it's cold in my basement, I know batteries do not like that... should I get the battery w a rmer? How do you discharge them if not using for a while?

What tools should I get? I have the basics.. tiny screw drivers, hot glue, super gue, soldering iron. Need to get a little magnifying glass with a led and some clamp hands for those small jobs.

My woodshop is right down here which means lots of dust. Tomorrow I am going to enclose the bottom of the desk with laminated plywood to keep dust put of drone storage area. For now I will just use shower curtain to drape over desk but need something a little nicer looking.

Also, will be installing string led lights around workbench and underneath it. [From work, free is for me]

Please do share your workstation of youve got a special area carved out. And tips and hints are encouraged.

Anyway, really excited for Wednesday to get the drone.. will keep flying this little guy in the meantime.

I currently have a lens petal hood, lens cap, gamble protector, tablet extension for my tab pro 10.1 and a short cable to connect to remote on the way. An American flag skin is also en route. Unfortunately only 1 battery for now but I will be ordering 2 more as soon as it's possible for me.

Also, fwiw I have a good friend who has had the p3p for quite a while now, so I will have good help with setup and first flight.

TIA and safe travels.

Pics below
efa4734721e374c0292fe29088dc4f9f.jpg
[/IMG]
a6ea802b1d3cf9d3e8f2a5489cc68fba.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirkclod
Don't be concerned about storing the batteries in a cool area, it's actually good for them.

They will automatically discharge if you don't fly them, you can set the time to start for the discharge from 1 to 10 days in the DJI Go app.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl