New Phantom firmware 1.6

Did you have any vibration issues in the first place?
I'm glad it's working out for you
No, I did not have any vibration issues, before or after.

I have the Phantom 2 and the 3 advance and find that they both performed as advertised. Only issues that may occur were totally my lack of skill. Usually a problem develops when you push the envelope. I'm wondering if I will get a endorsement on my pilot's license rather than having a separate ticket.

This upgrade is for copter only? RC no need to update? Ive connect the RC to dji go... overall status is normal(after updating the copter)

In your view, someone living in Nepal can also ask DJI to increase the altitude to 10km so they can fly above Mount Everest, so how high is the limit?
Like I've said before, one day someone might ask DJI they like to fly their drones to the moon :rolleyes:
DJI decided to set an altitude limit and they chose 500m, that's their rule. Don't like it, you can also buy other brand of drones.
I'd imagine Everest exceeds the absolute ceiling of this aircraft..

Isn't the 500m altitude based off of AGL, so in theory if the UAV could fly 50k feet above sea-level, you wouldn't have to ask dji to change the firmware, you would just have to climb within 1600'of the summit.

That being said, I do hope they will offer firmware in the future for professionals with proper certs and paperwork the ability to fly the craft to at least the UAV's service ceiling/maximum transmitter distance.

I think all that will have to wait till the rules are finalized though.

I used follow me today with all the latest updates .. No problems whatsoever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't broken for everyone, but there are other cases of this issue. DJI does not seem to have much interest in fixing it, so I am not really happy at the moment.

I heard this update also syncs data to the new FAA database. GPS coordinates etc... They named it operation santa claus. Ahead of the Christmas buying spree. :p
You heard?

Dji seems to know what there doing and I know many of u won't want to hear that but all I've been reading lately is about aircraft's suddenly falling from the sky and if u read further most are in very cold conditions. So Dji releases this new update that restricts the Max power consumption output and we all think it's a bad thing. If they released a new update that soon there was something wrong with the last. Overall Dji is about saving money on repairing damaged products so I figure this was a major problem hints the new update. When temp rise u will get ur same speed u we're before. This is based off the battery temp if ur speeds are limited. Overall u just have to figure Dji is a business and there not inn the business of fixing a bunch of warranty items so the try to fix the problem as a whole. Every update there are always a few that go crazy without doing any research I just trust the company that is gonna have to fix my bird if they release faulty firmware. For those that registered the phantoms we signed an agreement to be responsible and use our best judgment doesn't seem like trying to break the rules is best judgment. Not trying to offend anyone.

Dji seems to know what there doing and I know many of u won't want to hear that but all I've been reading lately is about aircraft's suddenly falling from the sky and if u read further most are in very cold conditions. So Dji releases this new update that restricts the Max power consumption output and we all think it's a bad thing. If they released a new update that soon there was something wrong with the last. Overall Dji is about saving money on repairing damaged products so I figure this was a major problem hints the new update. When temp rise u will get ur same speed u we're before. This is based off the battery temp if ur speeds are limited. Overall u just have to figure Dji is a business and there not inn the business of fixing a bunch of warranty items so the try to fix the problem as a whole. Every update there are always a few that go crazy without doing any research I just trust the company that is gonna have to fix my bird if they release faulty firmware. For those that registered the phantoms we signed an agreement to be responsible and use our best judgment doesn't seem like trying to break the rules is best judgment. Not trying to offend anyone.
Lots of post around the net too showing guys not charging to a full charge before flying. More user problems than equipment.

The way i interpret the release notes the sentence"horizontal and vertical speed decreased is a complete separate note of the cold weather mentions, in my opinion its a separate sentence for a reason stating that forward speed is reduced in general not only when cold

TC ... you are a complete goose and have very little idea what you are talking about.
Passenger jets cruise at high altitudes .. but there are plenty of smaller planes that aren't even pressurised and fly a lot lower than that.
With your appalling lack of knowledge combined with your supreme self-confidence, you're the last person that should be deciding how high it is safe for you to fly.
Meta,
I too think that TC is an IDIOT and does not realize how he could end up taking down a Cessna or similar aircraft.. The news and police copters fly at a low altitude and the IDIOT could bring one of those down... Too bad we couldn't trace where he lives...

Reactions: phantom13flyer
The way i interpret the release notes the sentence"horizontal and vertical speed decreased is a complete separate note of the cold weather mentions, in my opinion its a separate sentence for a reason stating that forward speed is reduced in general not only when cold

FlynFrank states that he spoke to DJI about this and was told that the reduction only takes place when the batteries are cold. Not an over-all reduction.

I flew today on all the latest software. Two batteries, 10,000 metres. Absolutely no issues. 5 m/s ascent, 3 m/s descent. As before. Absolutely no change over prior firmware. 39.7 mph (17.75 MPs) according to healthy drones. This was in Ireland at about 12/13 degrees Celsius.

I can't see why everyone is suspicious.

I flew today on all the latest software. Two batteries, 10,000 metres. Absolutely no issues. 5 m/s ascent, 3 m/s descent. As before. Absolutely no change over prior firmware. 39.7 mph (17.75 MPs) according to healthy drones. This was in Ireland at about 12/13 degrees Celsius.

I can't see why everyone is suspicious.
Strange, there is another thread (Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040 | Page 12 | DJI Phantom Forum) where John Locke reports a reduced ascent speed from 11mph to 5 or 6mph. Someone else meanwhile in the same thread says theirs is unchanged.
The only reason I want speed is to get out of danger, potentially. However, on reflection and knowing the scrapes I've been in, extra speed might simply get me further into the poo, faster.
If this reduces the strain on the whole system and improves battery performance and negates a glitch, it can only be a good thing.

Strange, there is another thread (Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.6.0040 | Page 12 | DJI Phantom Forum) where John Locke reports a reduced ascent speed from 11mps to 5 or 6mph. Someone else meanwhile in the same thread says theirs is unchanged.
The only reason I want speed is to get out of danger, potentially. However, on reflection and knowing the scrapes I've been in, extra speed might simply get me further into the poo, faster.
If this reduces the strain on the whole system and improves battery performance and negates a glitch, it can only be a good thing.

5 MPs = 11 mph. ??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart