New Phantom 3 Standard Battery Issues

Reaction score
Purchased Standard 3 days ago. When I installed firmware and went to a general overview page it had a red warning indicting a battery issue. The battery detailed page showed it was totally dead even though all lights worked and I could run moters without props on. Worked with DiJ but lost a lot of time when I found out standard only updates come from Dij go app and you cannot use external files to update . Unfortunely I have limited funds so. I just have the one for now. Dij support is willing to have me send the battery to them. My concern is maybe the quad is having problems reading the battery status. Anybody have any ideas on things to try?
Thanks
Dave

My spare battery did kinda the same thing. I put it back on the charger for over an hour and after that it has worked fine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey, just don't use your Bird... Wait for your new battery, you shouldn't use this battery,:) or maybe your bird has a problem too it's a possibility... Just ask dji, they will do it the work!

My spare battery did kinda the same thing. I put it back on the charger for over an hour and after that it has worked fine.

My battery did the same things before so I don't know what he should do:)

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I would try uninstalling the app and then reloading it and then see what you get. Also, what version of the firmware are you using? There was a battery update recently.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I would try uninstalling the app and then reloading it and then see what you get. Also, what version of the firmware are you using? There was a battery update recently.

I have uninstalled the app numerous time! Also The standard only lets you install whatever is there so I have the current system..
Thanks for your help!
Dave

The battery has been on the charger almost all all day long in between my trying checking to see if it works!
Thanks
Dave

I did the complete recharge of the battery and pushed it into the copter. I noticed a slight gap between the battery and the copter. I pushed the battery. harder and the gap was gone. Started things up and now battery is functioning correctly. Now I need some good weather. To try it out.

Dave

Make sure the battery is seated all the way in. My 2nd flight I had got a battery warning after I started everything up. Gave me all the same indicators. Went to reseat the battery and noticed when I pushed it in a 2nd time there was no gap between the battery and the bird like I had gave it the 1st time. Restarted the bird and all issues were fixed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl