New P4 Owner

BMP

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Happy to say I bought a Phantom 4 last week.

Been doing lots of research on this and other sites. Very useful info on here already helped.

Managed a few small flights so far over a local field and down by the local beach.
Just getting used to all the controls.

Still stuck in beginner mode and feeling a bit scared of taking it out of that mode.

Well impressed so far how easy it is to take off and land. Much easier than I thought it would be.

Looking forward to getting out of beginner mode soon!

BMP.

Welcome to the forum BMP.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: Mike Drone7 and BMP
Thanks for the welcome.
Look forward to contributing to the forum.

Welcome to your new addiction BMP, It's a good thing to be scared at first as this may save your P4 or others, take your time and try not to get over confident, you will get better every time you take it out for a flight.:)

Thanks. There is so much to learn !!
I have always been interested in photography and video so I am looking forward to that side but not even thinking about that yet. More concerned about learning to fly (and land) at the moment.

I have over 200 flights, and I still get scared,this is a good thing. Overconfidence can be a bad thing.
The P4 is my third Quad and the best I have ever flown,it really is easy,you will soon be out of beginner mode.
Good luck.

Reactions: BMP
Don't be scared. You start to realize like anything else, that these are well built machines!

It's really easy to fly, and if you take it easy you won't have any problems!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I still get butterflies also! That's a good thing. I do distance flights over miles and out of sight. I always get stressed and heart pounding! The "what ifs"? What if it hits a wire? What if it hits a building? What if, what if? Go slow and work your way up to confidence. Being over confident can kill. Never stop being scared. Be safe

Good advice - thanks !
Had a couple more flights in beginner mode - not quite brave enough to move on yet. Hopefully by the weekend.

Once you gain flying experience and learn to trust your equipment, youre confidence will grow and then the possibilities are limitless!

Reactions: John Locke
I still don't know which one I agree with!

I guess,

Fear is a good thing to always have! But leading your bird, and pushing your limits is only fun because your scared!

Probably like many others BMP I too am just kicking off the adventure of piloting a drone and I am excited like a kid with the toy I'd been wanting for a long time. I had tried drone practice apps for a while But wow am I impressed with the ease of this P4. It's not that easy getting to know the gear, apps, etc as DJI do a terrible job of having good quality videos etc in a logical way. Unboxing is at the bottom and although very helpful was found late. Other vids r just shockers. Most helpful has come from YouTube however a lot to sort thru.
Like you I am browsing the forums here and it's really good to have access to the experience and knowledge.
Still in beginner mode too, I am looking forward to the coming winter and some of the photographic opportunities so will be searching for advice flying in sub zero temps. Here it gets to -40.
Good luck n remember to have fun. And yes I am as nervous as **** each time I go up but it's all a part of a he excitement.

Hi BMP,

Newbie here, too. Just had my inaugural flight today, in fact! Drone came yesterday and I spent all day with tutorials and the simulator.
Yep, it was pretty scary at first, but I found the Beginner Mode to be just a bit TOO limiting. After a few minutes in that mode, I switched it off and just flew in the "P" mode. Took it up to 385 feet altitude and that actually scared me the most, LOL! It almost felt like I was up that high.

Looking forward to a long visit to Arizona coming up. Sonoran desert, Sedona, Lake Powell and the Grand Canyon (not all of the Grand Canyon is National Park, btw).

So glad I got the P4. It really is easy to fly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi BMP!

Welcome to the group! Newbie here too! I haven't really tried flying my Phantom 4 extensively. Planning in doing that soon though.

It's like first time droning my car solo every time I fly but confidence will build up soon!

Awesome group/forum to be in!

Cheers!

Probably like many others BMP I too am just kicking off the adventure of piloting a drone and I am excited like a kid with the toy I'd been wanting for a long time. I had tried drone practice apps for a while But wow am I impressed with the ease of this P4. It's not that easy getting to know the gear, apps, etc as DJI do a terrible job of having good quality videos etc in a logical way. Unboxing is at the bottom and although very helpful was found late. Other vids r just shockers. Most helpful has come from YouTube however a lot to sort thru.
Like you I am browsing the forums here and it's really good to have access to the experience and knowledge.
Still in beginner mode too, I am looking forward to the coming winter and some of the photographic opportunities so will be searching for advice flying in sub zero temps. Here it gets to -40.
Good luck n remember to have fun. And yes I am as nervous as **** each time I go up but it's all a part of a he excitement.
Re the cold weather, you need to do some research for cold weather flying,the battery needs to be kept warm as long as possible before putting in the P4, I think the Go app will inhibit flight if the battery temp is too low. I think the controller may also prevent operation if it gets too cold.
Some people keep warming packs inside their case. Are you inside the arctic circle? Could be quite dark, as well as cold,on the plus side, I am told May is beautiful in Sweden.

Reactions: JWH
Thanks Jayfdee. I am doing lots of research and am only just b ginning to be aware of built in safety features. Re battery. I guess all electronic stuff only likes it so cold. I am just on the arctic circle. Really hope to get some great video of the northern lights eventually if possible.
Everything needs warming before goin out. Up here it's beautiful all year round. I'm from the beaches of Aus so still Awe struck with this place. Still learning to live here.
Thanks for heads up on controller.
We have a esky that warms as well & heat packs.
Cannot afford another drone so looking after this one.

Thanks Jayfdee. I am doing lots of research and am only just b ginning to be aware of built in safety features. Re battery. I guess all electronic stuff only likes it so cold. I am just on the arctic circle. Really hope to get some great video of the northern lights eventually if possible.
Everything needs warming before goin out. Up here it's beautiful all year round. I'm from the beaches of Aus so still Awe struck with this place. Still learning to live here.
Thanks for heads up on controller.
We have a esky that warms as well & heat packs.
Cannot afford another drone so looking after this one.
Yeah, Jealous, I would love to film the Aurora Borealis,maybe you could have got the Australis from Aus, anyway, you know where to post your video links.

go ahead and fly it.
just don't get stupid with it and you will be fine.

Hi BMP,
Looking forward to a long visit to Arizona coming up. Sonoran desert, Sedona, Lake Powell and the Grand Canyon (not all of the Grand Canyon is National Park, btw).

So glad I got the P4. It really is easy to fly.
What areas are you targeting in the Grand Canyon that's not national park?

By the way, since you're going that way, consider visiting Monument Valley, 2hrs East of Page, it's on Indian land. The buttes are right at 1500', which the P4 can achieve.

upload_2016-9-23_14-32-11.png

upload_2016-9-23_14-34-24.png

Reactions: Loomster

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl