New Flight Tracker - Flytrex Core

Re: New Flight Tracker

Looks interesting. Only problem is getting the card out to read the files. Good find.

Ordered but not fitting till the mini osd comes out.

Not a lover of Fbook does the flight log stay between fellow members etc not your main page.

New Phantom cases need screws from the top to access it.

I've just installed the FlyTrex and really enjoy it. I mounted it on the side of the Phantom, so there is easy access to the data card. The most difficult part of the installation is opening the shell. Once you've done that it is a matter of connecting the FlyTrex cable (which is an extra for the Phantom) between the NAZA and the Phantom's GPS.

I've been in touch with the developers and find them to be quite helpful and open to suggestions. I didn't want my "Missions" to appear on my Facebook page and they don't -- that is an option you can choose not to enable.

Compared to some RC components I've purchased the quality of the FlyTrex is noticeably better, as was the packaging.

I have two handheld GPS receivers for outdoor stuff and another vehicle GPS. Considering the data it collects and that the web interface is included at no additional charge, I think this unit is a bargain.

It does look very interesting but if I understand correctly, it would appear that you have to upload your trips to their server instead of being able to have the alternative choice of using it just locally with an installable program...?

Fdnyfish said:
I believe they will be able to export your flight data very soon with firmware updates.

Based on what they told me, I think this is correct. I want to be able to view my quad flight tracks in Google Earth and they thought that was a good idea. But, it is a new enterprise so I imagine these things will take time. In the meantime, I'm pleased to have what it already offers -- before my first "mission" I had no real idea of how high I was flying. (A good altimeter costs about the same as the FlyTrex.) By the way... the altitude readings I got with the FlyTrex are a very close match to our local topo map, so the accuracy seems quite good.

Hi guys,

My name is Amit and I'm part of the Flytrex team. I got directed to this thread and thought it might be a good idea to stop and say hi! :)

As Fdnyfish and GearLoose mentioned we're also looking in to adding export options of the data along with other great features we've been planning. We've been working days and nights on Flytrex (3:30 am here right now :shock: :cool: ) and really doing our best to introduce some of the really cool things we've been working on as quickly as possible.

If anyone has any question about Flytrex of course I'll be glad to answer. I'd also love to get your feedback and thoughts on Flytrex and see what upcoming features you'd love to see added with future updates the most.

Have a great day all! :) Thanks!

amitregev said:
Hi guys, My name is Amit and I'm part of the Flytrex team. I got directed to this thread and thought it might be a good idea to stop and say hi! :)....
If anyone has any question about Flytrex of course I'll be glad to answer. I'd also love to get your feedback and thoughts on Flytrex and see what upcoming features you'd love to see added with future updates the most.
Have a great day all! :) Thanks
!
Hi Amit,
it is possible to import data from your Flytrex tracker in the DashWare software?
Sold to someone in Europe? British dealer, unfortunately not sell out UK ...

amitregev said:
Hi guys,

My name is Amit and I'm part of the Flytrex team. I got directed to this thread and thought it might be a good idea to stop and say hi! :)

As Fdnyfish and GearLoose mentioned we're also looking in to adding export options of the data along with other great features we've been planning. We've been working days and nights on Flytrex (3:30 am here right now :shock: :cool: ) and really doing our best to introduce some of the really cool things we've been working on as quickly as possible.

Have a great day all! :) Thanks!

Dashware compatible files and you have yourself a winner I think.

Once you have the gps data in csv format, you can create a custom import in dashware by specifying column names.

Hi all :)

Thank you all for the great feedback guys!

First, I received a private message from forums member Siddy, I wanted to thank you for the support and also reply, but I'm afraid my account is still new and I don't have permission to reply via private messages :/ So I just wanted to mention I read the message and unfortunately I can't reply at this stage. I tried finding other ways to reply (email etc.) but those are not listed.

In case you happen to read my reply here please feel free to send me a short email to amit[at]flytrex.com and I'll gladly reply there. Thanks! :)

gardenroute said:
amitregev said:
Hi guys, My name is Amit and I'm part of the Flytrex team. I got directed to this thread and thought it might be a good idea to stop and say hi! :)....
Have a great day all! :) Thanks
!
Hi Amit,
it is possible to import data from your Flytrex tracker in the DashWare software?

Hi Gardenroute :)

During the last day or two we started receiving requests to add Dashware files export support. We're currently investigating this and I'm pretty sure we will have something ready in the next couple of days. Since we're still reviewing this I still can't provide an official ETA for this new feature - but I'm pretty sure we won't need much more than a week to roll something like this.

I will make sure to post an update on Dashware support as soon as we have it available. :cool:

Thanks all for the valuable feedback! :)

gardenroute said:

Just a question - what do you mean by this? Do you mean Dashware dealer or our dealer?

Do you mean you're looking for other local dealers in Europe, but one that ships outside of the UK?

Thanks! :)

Fdnyfish said:
Would be great if someone made a small plastic case to put the flytrex in like this

http://www.shapeways.com/model/565087/r ... terialId=6

Being that it will be mounted outside the phantom

This will definitely be awesome! We might try and see if we can do something from our side, but currently we don't have anything planned for this..

amitregev said:
Fdnyfish said:
Would be great if someone made a small plastic case to put the flytrex in like this

http://www.shapeways.com/model/565087/r ... terialId=6

Being that it will be mounted outside the phantom

This will definitely be awesome! We might try and see if we can do something from our side, but currently we don't have anything planned for this..

I'm going to order one of these flight trackers in the coming weeks. So when I get it I can see about designing a light weight case.
I've got a 3D printer so can try a few things with it. It would need to be lightweight so perhaps a honeycomb type internal structure with a smooth outer shell might work well.
It's all about keeping the weight low with the Phantom as we all know :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl