New Flight Tracker - Flytrex Core

Installed mine today an quite pleased with it , I got too 990ft an started losing FPV signal so didn't push it higher :lol:

Looking at other people's flights some get too 4k+ :eek: how can you see it or get FPV signal that high .

Not really bothered about hight but was just wondering what the max is with a phantom in ft , and what spec set up as I have a futaba t8 ..

Nwales said:
Installed mine today an quite pleased with it , I got too 990ft an started losing FPV signal so didn't push it higher :lol:

Looking at other people's flights some get too 4k+ :eek: how can you see it or get FPV signal that high .

Not really bothered about hight but was just wondering what the max is with a phantom in ft , and what spec set up as I have a futaba t8 ..

4k!? Is the start altitude based on Sea Level or from 0 where you stand? Even at 4k that is standing on one HIGH mountain! Sounds iffy to me. P.S.... i'd be really wary of posting any evidence of a 400ft above ground leve fligiht or we'll have the CAA breathing down our necks. 400ft is your legal ceiling in the UK ;)

I was looking on the flytrex site an a guy got over 4k , I guess like you say it must depend on where you are at sea level ?

I'm prob 10-20ft above sea level as I'm right on the coast , I didn't know our legal alt level :oops: I'm not interested in high flying anyway as I was just testing the flytrex . My flying is mainly coastal low level :D

Great bit of kit though :cool: :D

max ascent is 705 ft

after looking on google earth im 284ft above sea level .i though it was less than that

That sounds more like it then. 4k above SL would be possible then (just over 13000 feet).

Yes the Civil Aviation Authority has a ceiling of 400ft for unmaned craft under 7kg(iirc). Anything above that could mean your final moments of video footage are showing the whites of the eyes from some poor Piper pilot (or much more likely a coast guard or police Helicopter if you are by the coast). Its kind of the problem with any RC flying device cause how the hell can we know where 400ft is.... Tou should try getting a video from ground and from craft of a 400ft flight for reference/education to others - could be helpful ;)

Question, does this hook into FPV systems so you get to see this data real time? Or is this only seen post flight?

Also, and I'm guessing the answer is no, but does this also have a battery voltage gauge?

Your "no" guess is correct on both. After the flight you upload the "mission" file to your account on flytrex.com and that is where you'll see the flight track on a Google map or satellite view. Also, the speed of the quad, altitude, air temperature, etc.

You can then export the mission file in .kml format and view it directly in Google Earth and other apps (such as Garmin BaseCamp, which I use).

Wangta said:
Question, does this hook into FPV systems so you get to see this data real time? Or is this only seen post flight?

Also, and I'm guessing the answer is no, but does this also have a battery voltage gauge?

GearLoose said:
Your "no" guess is correct on both. After the flight you upload the "mission" file to your account on flytrex.com and that is where you'll see the flight track on a Google map or satellite view. Also, the speed of the quad, altitude, air temperature, etc.

You can then export the mission file in .kml format and view it directly in Google Earth and other apps (such as Garmin BaseCamp, which I use).

Wangta said:

Got it thanks. So it is NOT an OSD. It looks very similar

Can you use the data this captures to turn into live telemetry for a video when you sync the 2 up, or is the data only useable on their website?

Nwales said:
I was looking on the flytrex site an a guy got over 4k , I guess like you say it must depend on where you are at sea level ?

I'm prob 10-20ft above sea level as I'm right on the coast , I didn't know our legal alt level :oops: I'm not interested in high flying anyway as I was just testing the flytrex . My flying is mainly coastal low level :D

Great bit of kit though :cool: :D

Hi guys :)

I'm sorry for missing out on the discussion.

When uploading a mission with Flytrex we display two different altitude-related values.

The first is the max-altitude, showing the maximum altitude relative to sea-level, so if you fly while hiking on a high mountain it is reasonable that you're max altitude will be 4K or more. The second value is max-ascent, this shows how much you ascended from your starting altitude to the max altitude you reached. I'm pretty sure Fdnyfish was the one to reach the max ascend on Flytrex at this stage, and it is still much lower than 4K ascent.

We just published new updates to the site and we'll add some more details about each of the counters soon to help get familiar with the system more easily. :cool:

martcerv said:
Can you use the data this captures to turn into live telemetry for a video when you sync the 2 up, or is the data only useable on their website?

Hi Martcerv :)

After uploading your mission to Flytrex.com you can use the Export tool to export it to either KML (Google Earth) or CSV format. Using the export file with Dashware (or similar apps that are available) you can add telemetry layer to your video to show your flight details.

Here is an awesome video made this way by Fdnyfish:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5YgSMaZJE8[/youtube]

I can't get my Flytrex data into Dashware. Can anyone post an idiots guide on what to do. I've got the data exported I just can't get it into Dashware. I've got the video in.
Cheers

It's a Zenmuse H3-2D. Was disappointed with the prop guards showing but it actually shows how well the Zenmuse works..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4