New Flight Tracker - Flytrex Core

Re: New Flight Tracker

amitregev said:
gardenroute said:
Sold to someone in Europe? British dealer, unfortunately not sell out UK ...

Just a question - what do you mean by this? Do you mean Dashware dealer or our dealer?

Do you mean you're looking for other local dealers in Europe, but one that ships outside of the UK?

Thanks!
:)
On your site is listed UAVision dealer in UK, but their web is information "NOTE: We are Currently only shipping in the UK".
I'm from Europe (but not the UK), I then have to order from the U.S.?
Thanks.

Retroman, it would be nice if you were able to close the end of the FlyTrex case where the microSD card is inserted. This would protect the card and hopefully prevent it from being ejected in the event of a hard landing. I don't know if there's much risk of this happening but just in case....

Retroman said:
amitregev said:
Fdnyfish said:
Would be great if someone made a small plastic case to put the flytrex in like this

http://www.shapeways.com/model/565087/r ... terialId=6

Being that it will be mounted outside the phantom

This will definitely be awesome! We might try and see if we can do something from our side, but currently we don't have anything planned for this..

I'm going to order one of these flight trackers in the coming weeks. So when I get it I can see about designing a light weight case.
I've got a 3D printer so can try a few things with it. It would need to be lightweight so perhaps a honeycomb type internal structure with a smooth outer shell might work well.
It's all about keeping the weight low with the Phantom as we all know :)

Thanks Retroman! :) This will be really awesome! I will stay tuned here on the forums in upcoming weeks and will be glad to help announce it to our users when you have something you're willing to share.

gardenroute said:
amitregev said:
gardenroute said:
Sold to someone in Europe? British dealer, unfortunately not sell out UK ...

Just a question - what do you mean by this? Do you mean Dashware dealer or our dealer?

Do you mean you're looking for other local dealers in Europe, but one that ships outside of the UK?

Thanks!
:)
On your site is listed UAVision dealer in UK, but their web is information "NOTE: We are Currently only shipping in the UK".
I'm from Europe (but not the UK), I then have to order from the U.S.?
Thanks.

Hi Gardenroute :)

In addition to our dealers, users can always order Flytrex directly from us. To do so, visit our site main page (www.flytrex.com) and press the large "Buy Now" button and you'll get the order form from us directly. We ship pretty quickly (new shipment every 48 hours), and from our past experience shipments to Europe usually arrives within a week or less, so it isn't that bad overall.

I hope this helps. :)

Gnapoleon said:
Just ordered mine. Exciting. Where does it ship from?

Thanks Gnapoleon for the support! :)

We do development both in Tel Aviv and NY, but ship only from Tel Aviv, so Europe shipments go pretty quickly. :) We have next shipment out this Monday morning so should be out pretty soon.

Is there a way to retrieve flight info ESPECIALLY altitude achieved after a flight without hanging something on the side of the copter?

jimopar said:
Is there a way to retrieve flight info ESPECIALLY altitude achieved after a flight without hanging something on the side of the copter?

That is just what the FlyTrex does -- you will see a GPS track of your flight overlaid on a Google map or satellite view. You'll also have a graph line with the aircraft's speed and altitude at every point on the flight track. For example, I can tell how fast I was ascending or descending, max altitude reached, average and max speed, etc. If you enjoy working with GPS as much as I do, the FlyTrex is a real treat. More features are promised, such as exporting GPS data for other uses.

He asked about "without hanging something on the side of the copter"

I can bet that DJI will include something like this in there next Phantom model. It would be great to be able to download the data from the USB cable in the phantom.

Lets see how long it will be before DJI buys out FlyTrex.

Hi all!

We just rolled out a new Flytrex update including new awesome features based on your feedback - thanks! :cool: New update includes new Export Mission to Google Earth or CSV let's you plot missions in 3D using Google Earth or import missions to Excel and other apps, toggle mission privacy even if it's already published, new private indicator at the bottom right corner of each mission makes it easy to identify private missions and plenty of fixes!

1240170_507833432642655_444381588_n.png

If you see any changes needed with the new mission export tool please let me know - we'll get those updated right away.

Thanks guys for all the great feedback! We'd love to continue getting your ideas as we work on upcoming updates. :)

-A-

You dont have to fit them inside the shell, doing that would really be a pain every time you want to upload the flight data from the chip. I cut out one of the ribs from an air vent and took the cable out from there to the flytrex, velcro mounted under the body.

Ordered mine few days ago in the UK, would it fit at the side of the battery or does it need to be on the outside?
Didn't want to open case till OsdMini arrived (no release date yet)

Siddy, you have to open the shell in order to connect the FlyTrex cable to the NAZA's gps port.

Howardmaryon, can you show us a photo of your mod? I just Dremeled another small opening on the battery door and ran the FlyTrex cable to the Core unit, which is Velcroed to the side of Phantom. Very easy access to the chip.

howardmaryon said:
You dont have to fit them inside the shell, doing that would really be a pain every time you want to upload the flight data from the chip. I cut out one of the ribs from an air vent and took the cable out from there to the flytrex, velcro mounted under the body.
Can you please post a pic of your setup

Got my Flytrex today. Took 2 flights with it and it seems to work very well.

Here are my flights: http://www.flytrex.com/frank.damato.3726/

I used a dremel to cut a small hole under the phantom to pass the servo cable thru.

Attachments

• FD1_3281.jpg
    FD1_3281.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 753
  • FD1_3282.jpg
    FD1_3282.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 758
  • FD1_3285.jpg
    FD1_3285.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 767

Here is my first try with Flytrex and Dashware

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuIkzASNac4[/youtube]

Second attempt

Here is my second attempt and hit 1270 ft altitude

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5YgSMaZJE8[/youtube]

I use i-GotU, data logger. 21 gr. 30 hours data recorder.
With DashWare you can mount data over your video for getting great feedback around your flights:

Data-Logger4-I-gotU.jpg

Data-Logger1.jpg

Data-Logger2.jpg

Data-Logger3.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31