New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions

yes, you;ll definitely want it for more features and flexibility. However, I must say the DJI auto flight options are nice for basic uses. So far so good, as Autopilot's 2.0beta app works with Orbit, Follow-me with new firmware. Will check zip line tonight. Zip line for me is the game changer for advanced aerial video maneuvers. Just in time for my trip to Hawaii and Japan in two weeks!!
@autoflightlogic have you gone through all feature mode tests of new firmware w/ P3? If all is good, then we are just waiting on Apple to approve!!!

Check out some of the more advanced possibilities Autopilot brings in this feature trailer:

Will the POI do "outside" the circle too? I think I saw it on one of the other apps.
If you YAW the câmera manualy after you have set the POI it will face outside of the POI. You can control the câmera direction manualy once the POI is set.

Any plans to add waypoints to the app
Here's the official answer from their website:
Does Autopilot offer Waypoint Mode?
Full Waypoint Mode is planned for a future release after v2.0. Until then, check out Target Mode, which is like Waypoint Mode but in real-time.

This is correct only if you previously upgraded your remote controller to 1.3.20. If you skipped last month's 1.3.20 updates and the Go App won't update the RC, you will need to download the 1.3.20 zip file and use the .bin file in it to update your RC to the current level using the USB port on the controller.

There is no RC firmware update located in the 1.4.10 download. Make sure the 1.4.10 fw .bin file isn't on the sd card or flash drive when you update the controller. Best way to make sure is to delete everything on the card (or format it) before putting the 1.3.20 on it. Remember- it needs to be in the root directory, meaning not in any folder.

Hi guys what are the other options for apps on android, has anyone got a list so I can check them out, I know of litchi and autopilot, are there any others?thanks

New firmware update working just fine! :D:D:D 2.8 miles and back! Stock setup. No mods at all. Kp-Index of 6 during the flight, so lost signal a few times:eek:, but she still came back to Papa! :cool:

image.jpg

New firmware update working just fine! :D:D:D 2.8 miles and back! Stock setup. No mods at all. Kp-Index of 6 during the flight, so lost signal a few times:eek:, but she still came back to Papa! :cool:

View attachment 29986
You're a brave one! My limit is 5 on the K index. Some say it doesn't effect the craft, but I'm also a ham and have seen how it can interfere with the bands, sometimes wiping them out completely! Those geomagnetic storms play havoc with delicate, sensitive electronics.

You're a brave one! My limit is 5 on the K index. Some say it doesn't effect the craft, but I'm also a ham and have seen how it can interfere with the bands, sometimes wiping them out completely! Those geomagnetic storms play havoc with delicate, sensitive electronics.
Probably more foolish than brave! :eek: I mean, what could possibly go wrong? The thing practically flies itself, right? ;) Well, in hindsight, if the geomagnetic storm had messed with the GPS and the transmitter, I'd have been hosed! How would it know where home was if the GPS got messed up. Biggest problem was fighting the RTH altitude, which kept delaying the return to home lateral distance change, as it either ascended or descended before any further return!
Lots of pucker moments. Switched to ATTI for more speed, and then almost forgot to switch back to P-GPS for landing! Fortunately, I started with a 99% battery! :cool: New firmware is fine though!

Last edited:
Whatta Mean?
Some mite shoot in 16:9 for visual abstract ratios and enhance the ulterior perspective of eye stimulation that interacts with brain recognition when observing.
Or 4:3 if they want to feel they are watching reruns of Moving on up.

16:9
16:9 is a crop of the 4:3 throwing away the rest of the frame, losing part of the 12MB DNG, as I recall. Stick with 4:3 for stills and crop in post, as needed.

Weirdest upgrade so far lots of light changes, at times they go off completely for a while then come on again. Towards the End the Camera will do it's thing.
Took a while

If you Uninstall the New App and reinstall it don't forget to log back in.
Mine did at least 3 full reboots of the P3P during the update with the same loud noises the P3P makes when you first turn the battery on, which I wish I could disable, because it alerts all the neighbors that I'm about to fly, and they all put their clothes back on! :D

Also, I read that you have to enable the additional flight modes in the app somewhere
Need to enable Multiple Flight Modes, but it will do that for you, when you switch to F, if you accept the prompt requiring it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing