New firmware / software 7th Sep - First impressions

D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D....D-D-D-D.... and D-D-D-D....

You have to be in "F" mode and a new button will appear.

IMG_1818.PNG

What is the emergency stop when flying in these modes? In third party apps its a quick flick on the mode switch to F to P is that the same with these modes in DJI GO?

A sample of poi and 2.7

The POI feature was amazing. I still don't get how it worked exactly. I went near a tree. It said I need to be at least 5m before I could circle and it said my distance was 1m. Moved to the open field and it said 38m and it let me circle a spot in the field. Is it detecting objects? Was I just not high enough?

I love how silky smooth the video is when circling!

To operate poi fly directly above the point you want to circle. You mark the spot on your tablet. Then you pull away from that spot to adjust how far away from that point you will circle. Then adjust altitude making sure you are above the tallest object. It then has you select return to home altitude. Its pretty self explanatory once you do it.

Reactions: Matt W Ruff
Sorry if it is a dumb question, but how do you switch to f mode?

It's the little silver toggle on the back left side
To operate poi fly directly above the point you want to circle. You mark the spot on your tablet. Then you pull away from that spot to adjust how far away from that point you will circle. Then adjust altitude making sure you are above the tallest object. It then has you select return to home altitude. Its pretty self explanatory once you do it.

Duh! That's so obvious. I think I got mixed up when I read DJIs confusing little on screen guides. Thanks

The POI feature was amazing. I still don't get how it worked exactly. I went near a tree. It said I need to be at least 5m before I could circle and it said my distance was 1m. Moved to the open field and it said 38m and it let me circle a spot in the field. Is it detecting objects? Was I just not high enough?

I love how silky smooth the video is when circling!
5m is the minimum radius for circle AFAIK
so with 6m you should good to go. I did not tried yet since it's still raining :(

Does anyone know what software versions should be displayed in the GO App after the latest firmware update has been completed?

I'm seeing the following:
Aircraft: v1.3.20+
App: v2.2.0
RC: v1.3.20

I'm not sure this is correct. It seems to me that the Aircraft and RC should be showing v1.4.0010, or something close to it.

Thanks.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1441642025.038173.jpg

Aircraft should show 1.4.10, but I'm not sure about the RC, if it needs updating too or not. I haven't found anything yet on it so I don't think it does. See pic

Reactions: Matt W Ruff
RC did NOT need upgrading. Just finished and tested the firmware update and the 'GO' update. Both smooth and successful, no glitches. Heading out now for some fun.

It is mentioned in the release notes :

Notice:
 Users may skip updating the remote controller, as the latest firmware update does not affect the
remote controller
 It is normal for the motor to sound or the LED to blink during the update process, as the latest
firmware update will affect the motor.

I can't seem to get the Remote to update firmware (via USB)
Saw comment that anything after 1.3.20 was via IOS

Also saw something that said RC update not required,
I'm just wondering if others are getting their RC updated.

Using an Iphone 6 with App Version 2.2.0

No warnings/comments about needing an update
just thought it would all match.

What (if anything) am I missing?
Remote doesn't need updating per the release notes http://download.dji-innovations.com...antom_3_Professional_Release_Note_en_0907.pdf

Last edited:
Dumb question (sorry!) .... How do you mark the spot on the tablet?

Successfully updated both the aircraft and the camera. My nexus 7 was turned on when charging and automatically updated the installed app without my assistance, so no apparent need to uninstall then reinstall as advised elsewhere.

I calibrated the compass and checked the IMU status but no calibration was required.

I had one ten minute flight and she performed beautifully, with no evident deterioration in either positioning or control. As usual, the FW upgrade went faultlessly, taking about 12 or 13 minutes in total.

Tomorrow I shall explore the new features, but for now I'm good to go and a happy bunny.

There is no documented reason. The only time a IMU calibration should really be required after an update is if the past IMU cal. data is wiped during the update. Which would lead to a warning that the IMU needs calibrated. Unfortunately, that doesn't work with logic. As we have seen in several instances, a compass calibration WAS needed, even though there was no warning of its need, and there was no indication by observing the compass MOD value.
In the end, documented or not, those ritualistic calibration activities obviously CAN have some value.
I always fly as if I were on board. Not virtually on board, really on board. I have no problem double checking every last thing I can double check. They can tell me I've wasted all that energy when I'm old and grey and still have my P3P. If my bird ever goes down I'll know there was nothing I could have done.

Reactions: bobomet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18