New firmware batteries update

Reaction score
I discovered this (that the batteries have a firmware update) after updating the new phantom firmware and switching to a different battery than the one I had used during the phantom firmware update... Just something I wanted to make people aware of because it freaked me out at first (I thought the phantom was going back through the update process.

Last edited:
Reactions: envisionabove
after the aircraft firmware update and before you insert the next smart battery for update should you delete any feedback/result files from the microSD?

after the aircraft firmware update and before you insert the next smart battery for update should you delete any feedback/result files from the microSD?

You don't need to... Works just fine if you do nothing with the output file.

Two of my three batteries caused some sort of melt down with the update! It went through the normal sequence of beeps but on all but one it freaks at the end and just stuck on DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :eek:

I discovered this updating the new firmware and switching to a different battery than the one I had used during the phantom firmware update... Just something I wanted to make people aware of because it freaked me out at first (I thought the phantom was going back through the update process).

I did the latest update.. then inserted a new battery , for the last 20 minuts I am having one long bip and two shorter one.. not sure what to do does this mean the update of the battery finished ?

To the OP: what is the "this" you are talking about? This is why I don't want to do any updates. I have three batteries and really don't want to go through whatever "this" is.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
To the OP: what is the "this" you are talking about? This is why I don't want to do any updates. I have three batteries and really don't want to go through whatever "this" is.

The "this" is that there is an update to be done. I have 5 batteries and each one took less than a minute to update. It appears to be part of the new firmware update package... if you don't want to do "This" then don't - but I don't know what a mismatch between the Phantom and Battery will do. I was just trying to inform the board that there appears to be a battery update.

I did the latest update.. then inserted a new battery , for the last 20 minuts I am having one long bip and two shorter one.. not sure what to do does this mean the update of the battery finished ?
Yes it's finished. Power off and put the next one in if you have more packs, then turn it back on.

5 batteries loaded with new firmware without a hitch. The process is as follows:
After you have loaded the P3 firmware,

1. Turn off P3.
2. Turn on P3 and wait until the battery updates, should take approx a min.
3. The middle two battery lights will flash to show battery is updating.
4. Battery returns to normal light indication when upload complete.
5. Turn off battery, remove and use the same process for the next battery.

Quick, seamless, easy.

5 batteries loaded with new firmware without a hitch. The process is as follows:

1. Turn off P3.

Quick, seamless, easy.

You forgot, badabing badaboom, GO FLY!

Reactions: Buckaye

1. Turn off P3.

Quick, seamless, easy.

Thanks for ^^This.

hmmm shouldn't be 20 mins for the battery... are you sure you completed the actual Phantom upgrade? It sounds like your Phantom is upgrading if it's lasting 20 mins....

hmmm shouldn't be 20 mins for the battery... are you sure you completed the actual Phantom upgrade? It sounds like your Phantom is upgrading if it's lasting 20 mins....
It does the same tone after updating each batt as it does when updating the craft. It's done, move on to the next one. Rinse and repeat.

Haven't had time to confirm this, work keeps getting in the way, but over in the Inspire forum they're saying that after the update it's recommend to cycle the batteries down the 5% to rest the smart board.
Has anyone seen this in the release notes for the P3?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1. Turn off P3.

Quick, seamless, easy.
Mine went as smooth as a babies behind as well
2 birds and 5 batteries all done in less than 30 minutes both pro and advanced controllers upgraded right from the app

Reactions: Bret Lucas

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl