New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

I've contacted the dji about the downgrade 1.7.0084 to 1.5.7. Now It seems this will NOT be the "support of the year". First told me to hold the cap... I said over... then suggest to send the drone to Germany to the service. I asked WTF?, the drone has not any failure, I just want to downgrade the firmware. I wondered there isn't any method to "reset" the firmware a base one (in the 21th century). Then no answer...

I think dji has to be more helpful, because the base problem was the totally unusable 1.6.80 firmware.

I've contacted the dji about the downgrade 1.7.0084 to 1.5.7. Now It seems this will NOT be the "support of the year". First told me to hold the cap... I said over... then suggest to send the drone to Germany to the service. I asked WTF?, the drone has not any failure, I just want to downgrade the firmware. I wondered there isn't any method to "reset" the firmware a base one (in the 21th century). Then no answer...

I think dji has to be more helpful, because the base problem was the totally unusable 1.6.80 firmware.
I know it's been a pain for you, but one thing all you folks on here need to realize is that you're putting a beta FW version on your drone that was never officially released that you got on the internet, not from DJI itself. We shouldn't even have access to this FW unless you're an official beta tester, which I doubt anyone on here is. Then when you have an issue with it, how helpful do you think DJI is going to be.

Lastly what do you mean "Now It seems this will NOT be the "support of the year"?

I know it's been a pain for you, but one thing all you folks on here need to realize is that you're putting a beta FW version on your drone that was never officially released that you got on the internet, not from DJI itself. We shouldn't even have access to this FW unless you're an official beta tester, which I doubt anyone on here is. Then when you have an issue with it, how helpful do you think DJI is going to be.

Lastly what do you mean "Now It seems this will NOT be the "support of the year"?

Yup, I put up a beta firmware, but the question is why: Because the dji released a firmware that made your drone totally unusable.

This firmware is made by dji. I think it's not the users fault that posted on the net, and those who suffer from 1.6.8 "disconnect" failure downloaded and try it.

I heard about updates that makes failure, makes strange things, etc, but I haven't heard updates that unable to remove.

Reactions: Pozsi85
The "Now It seems this will NOT be the "support of the year" sentence is about that the supports answer for a software problem was nothing just send the drone to Germany, and leaves me alone with my problem. This is the situation today. If tomorrow or the day of tomorrow I get an email, with recovery file or get a text with instruction, then I will glorify the support.

Last edited:
It has great difference in range in different places.We have post it it many times.Its due to the interference.

Hello blitzkrieg!Athens-Greece here too.

In Chaidari parks I get from 50 to 120m.
In Mandra village near Elefsina I get about 350m.
In Dervenoxoria fields I get about 1200m
In my village in Kalamata,again over 1100m.
In Syros island,again over 1000m.

No mods at all.This thing is cheap because it has the wifi video signal patent in order to keep the price low.In all other specs it is great.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey Stavro , thanks for the info . In the OAKA region i cant get past 40-60 meters with any **** firmware... im sending it tomorrow back to Germany.

========== 2016.08.22 21:07:15 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.06.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2016.08.22 21:38:56 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin
Result: Abort.
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

So this is the problem.

I think it has something to do with an internal firmware checksum control.
When you upgrade the firmware it remembers or holds the current firmware version in case of emergency.

I think that is the keypoint of this problem.

I think it has something to do with an internal firmware checksum control.
When you upgrade the firmware it remembers or holds the current firmware version in case of emergency.

I think that is the keypoint of this problem.

I think you are right, but I don't know how to bypass it... yet :)

GLORIOUS VICTORY!

I get back my lovely firmware the 1.05.07! Flying without "no signal" or "disconnect". PRICELESS. Thanks DJI, I will NOT update again, This firmware will stay on my P3S till the end of the days.

Experience: system watch the filename, so forget renaming firmware file.

Reactions: Pozsi85 and Drocken
Sorry if this is off subject but im on firmware 1.5.4 and im trying to upgrade to 1.5.7. I put the bin file on the mico sd card and inserted into the AC and then powered on but nothing is happening. I keep waiting to start hearing the "beeping" but all it does is just flash yellow lights. Any ideas?

Sorry if this is off subject but im on firmware 1.5.4 and im trying to upgrade to 1.5.7. I put the bin file on the mico sd card and inserted into the AC and then powered on but nothing is happening. I keep waiting to start hearing the "beeping" but all it does is just flash yellow lights. Any ideas?
What model Phantom do you have?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

GLORIOUS VICTORY!

I get back my lovely firmware the 1.05.07! Flying without "no signal" or "disconnect". PRICELESS. Thanks DJI, I will NOT update again, This firmware will stay on my P3S till the end of the days.

How do you did that? Please help me!

How do you did that? Please help me!

So i write down the method, but I don't know exactly how happened. First get rid of the 1.7.0084. Turn on the controller, and start dji go. Pick a pencil or pen and hold the sync button at the side of the drone. Start the drone. The dji go offers to upgrade the firmware. Follow the instructions ( go to the net, download, etc.) Upgrade to 1.6.08. when finished, restart everything.

Ok now you have the 1.6.8 firmware (which is a piece of ****), Now download the 1.5.7 firmware, and put it on the sd card. Insert the card to the drone, start the way of previously. Hold the sync button while you start the drone. When start it, wait 30 sec before you release the sync button... then wait wait wait and wait around 10 minutes it begins to upgrade.

I think the waiting time max 15-20 min. If it not, try again. For me it was 2 or 3 days trying before success. So IT IS POSSIBLE

I hope it will help you.

Reactions: Pozsi85
GLORIOUS VICTORY!

Please, if you
So i write down the method, but I don't know exactly how happened. First get rid of the 1.7.0084. Turn on the controller, and start dji go. Pick a pencil or pen and hold the sync button at the side of the drone. Start the drone. The dji go offer to upgrade the firmware. Follow the instructions ( go to the net, download, etc.) Upgrade to 1.6.08. when finished, restart everything. Ok now you have the 1.6.8 firmware (which is a piece of ****), Now download the 1.5.7 firmware, and put it on the sd card. Insert the card to the drone, start the way of previously. Hold the sync button while you start the drone. When start it wait 30 sec before you release the sync button... then wait wait wait and wait around 10 minutes it begins to upgrade.

I hope it will help you.

Thank you very much! I will try it! I knew about the sync button method, but maybe the mistake was that: i never wait foe 10 minutes. It not started the downgrade so i shut it down. I try this "wait" method! Thx once again!

Thank you very much! I will try it! I knew about the sync button method, but maybe the mistake was that: i never wait foe 10 minutes. It not started the downgrade so i shut it down. I try this "wait" method! Thx once again!

No luck here...
I tried 3 times.
When i hold sync button, the 1.6.8 "upgrade" show up, click on it, and that's write fail... i restart everything, seems ok, because, it1s write i have 1.6.8. on dji go.

than i put 1.5.7 on sd, restart everything, with hold sync. Dji go writes the same, the 1.6.8 "upgrade" shuw up, i need to upgrade to 1.6.8. Ok i stay waiting about 30 minutes, but nothing happen.
What do i wrong?
I need to be see "updating" word when it's ok? or different sound or anything?

thx

Last edited:
No luck here...
I tried 3 times.
When i hold sync button, the 1.6.8 "upgrade" show up, click on it, and that's write fail... i restart everything, seems ok, because, it1s write i have 1.6.8. on dji go.

than i put 1.5.7 on sd, restart everything, with hold sync. Dji go writes the same, the 1.6.8 "upgrade" shuw up, i need to upgrade to 1.6.8. Ok i stay waiting about 30 minutes, but nothing happen.
What do i wrong?
I need to be see "updating" word when it's ok? or different sound or anything?

thx
Try to turn off the dji go. If it doesn't work turn off the controller too.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl