New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

It fails to downgrade to any FW ... I believe because the RC is possibly on a FW that is incompatible.

This is possibly the cause of all my original problems.

Nigel

Reactions: Malcolm Symonds
In firmware version 1.7.84 and above FTP access is limited the the /tmp directory on the RC. All of the mods (Magic Power, Icarus, etc.) rely on FTP access to other directories, which is why they no longer work. If you want to use these mods, stick with 1.7.82 or older (1.5.7 appears to be the best).

1.7.9 is now available! What about this version in terms of range, stability and compatibility with the magic power mod?

Yes, but a workaround has already been found ! The Icarus range mod seems to work with that fw. I'm going to upgrade to 1.7.9 and test this mod today (if weather stays...)

Thats news if it has ... I have the Icarus Mod and it only Ups the RC not the AC ... so you only have a half upgrade in power. I suffered severe glitches in connection when I tried it. I reverted back to CE on both and glitches vanished.

I have to say though I was on BETA 1.07.0090 FW.

I will be trying to install FINAL version 1.07.0090 FW just in case it has corrections etcv.

Nigel

No idea on what the workaround does.
I think they found it after the BETA was out (dji locked the AC but the RC was still working, as Nigel says) then with the FINAL they locked both...

Thats news if it has ... I have the Icarus Mod and it only Ups the RC not the AC ... so you only have a half upgrade in power. I suffered severe glitches in connection when I tried it. I reverted back to CE on both and glitches vanished.

I have to say though I was on BETA 1.07.0090 FW.

I will be trying to install FINAL version 1.07.0090 FW just in case it has corrections etcv.

Nigel
Hey solentlife, have you got the latest version of Icarus which is 2.1? cause it apparently works with the official 1.7.9 firmware. I'm not keen to update firmware until I know it magic power mod or Icarus work on it.

Sent from my Letv X500 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Olsen Petrus
P3S 30-40m issue - I tried everything, sent my drone in twice, the second time they fixed whatever the problem was and it flies like new again. No cost. Just wanted to close the loop on this with my case specifically.

Did anybody who has range issues tried this fw? Is it fixed? Please post your feedbacks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

In firmware version 1.7.84 and above FTP access is limited the the /tmp directory on the RC. All of the mods (Magic Power, Icarus, etc.) rely on FTP access to other directories, which is why they no longer work. If you want to use these mods, stick with 1.7.82 or older (1.5.7 appears to be the best).
Found method, soon Magic can run on firmware v1.7.9

Sent from my MI MAX using PhantomPilots mobile app

question about magic power. I read somewhere that magic power only increases the video downlink / telemetry and not the remote control to operate the bird. Can anyone verify that?

question about magic power. I read somewhere that magic power only increases the video downlink / telemetry and not the remote control to operate the bird. Can anyone verify that?

True, it works on 2.4ghz transmit power.
However, I think it would help if you lost video and or telemetry signal prior to control signal. Combined this mod with windsurfer add on to your 5.8ghz antenna, you'll surely get decent range improvement.

True, it works on 2.4ghz transmit power.
However, I think it would help if you lost video and or telemetry signal prior to control signal. Combined this mod with windsurfer add on to your 5.8ghz antenna, you'll surely get decent range improvement.

Thanks for the response. I may check out the modification if it can be removed easily if some update won't work with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20