New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

Any suggestions on how to downgrade from 1.7 to 1.5.70? I upgraded awhile ago and didn't get any positive results. Also does 1.7 firmware work with litchi? Slightly afraid to try and fly with litchi

For those that have any interest, I noticed having signal issues with distance when using an iPad mini. I switched to my Nexus 9 and also tried with my Nexus 6P and was able to get out to max distance with no issues with connectivity in live view or otherwise.

Are people that are having connection issues having it with iOS devices or is it across the board? I've reading her threads that the wifi in the iOS devices are not as strong. Just trying to find a common denominator to the whole issue.

I was flying a few weeks ago and using my iPad, lost signal and had issues with the app crashing. Have flown 3 times with other devices and had 0 connectivity problems.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using PhantomPilots mobile app

For those that have any interest, I noticed having signal issues with distance when using an iPad mini. I switched to my Nexus 9 and also tried with my Nexus 6P and was able to get out to max distance with no issues with connectivity in live view or otherwise.

Are people that are having connection issues having it with iOS devices or is it across the board? I've reading her threads that the wifi in the iOS devices are not as strong. Just trying to find a common denominator to the whole issue.

I was flying a few weeks ago and using my iPad, lost signal and had issues with the app crashing. Have flown 3 times with other devices and had 0 connectivity problems.

It's a thought, but the wifi isn't produced through the device, the wifi is produced from the transmitter that the device connects to.

Don't think that max distance or issues with RC connectivity has anything to do with the device. It's the AC, the RC and maybe the software in the app that would have an impact.

Just registered an account, to share my bad experience with the Standard.
I have the issue where the video feed cuts off @ 20-30 m, and the RTH engages. ( RC control is ok and i can control the drone fine even @ 150m which was the most i could try with visual contact)
CE model, in Greece 1 month old drone..
Out of the box update to 1.6.8 and i never managed to go more than 40-50 m without the video feed cutting off.
Tried the 1.5.7 downgrade with no results.. 1.6.8 same **** .. 1.7.8 just came in to report that it also DOESNT work in my case at least..
I think that i will send it back, but im afraid this is something that will be following me with the new one as well (many cases which the replacement P3S done the same behaviour).. kinda in despair- thinking of getting a new one and just selling it. Already opened a case to DJI and i have the RMA ready, just wanted to try the firmware..

crappy little product sadly.. when i have time i ll go troll DJI on Facebook.. too fed up
That really sucks for you, I updated with with latest beta firmware, with the Argtek extender (I tried with the directional panel today) and got over 3000 meters over and open field..So far I'm pretty happy with my P3S..

Attachments

• 20160920_153958.png
    20160920_153958.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 506
Last edited:
Did you really went 3km away with the argtek antennas? I read bad reviews about them, it seems the only good update is itelite dbs or fpvlr...

Did you really went 3km away with the argtek antennas? I read bad reviews about them, it seems the only good update is itelite dbs or fpvlr...
Yes I did, and I'm in Canada so I believe I'm in CE mode, 500 meters was pretty much the max with stock antenna,, so I was really happy when my first range test exceeded 3000 meters..

Yes I did, and I'm in Canada so I believe I'm in CE mode, 500 meters was pretty much the max with stock antenna,, so I was really happy when my first range test exceeded 3000 meters..
No, I believe all of N.America is FCC mode.

Yes I think your right, but like you said it's still pretty good.. It was a good purchase for me..
Any other mods, like amps? Or software mods? What FW is on your AC?

Which FW were you using when you got the 3000m?

Today I tried with the new beta firmware, 3000 meters, and when I got the antennas maybe 2 weeks ago not sure but it must have been 1.6.80 also got over 3000 meters but I was having problems with this firmware, losing signal for no reason at 10-20 meters, had to restart controller to regain signal. So far new firmware seems ok but it's only been 1 day, so will see..

First flight with the beta software today. Flew great. Very stable. Did not try for distance, because I don't care, lol, but I had no signal issues at All. Middle of nowhere. Old mining camp.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

First flight with the beta software today. Flew great. Very stable. Did not try for distance, because I don't care, lol, but I had no signal issues at All. Middle of nowhere. Old mining camp.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Which firmware? 1.7.82 1.7.84 1.7.86

HTC 10 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

So did .086 work ? What is the range

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl