New firmware 1.7.8 (01.07.0082) P3S

Did I brick my P3S?

Instead of updating my P3S from 1.3.5 to 1.6.8 first, I went straight to a forced update to 1.5.7 via the sd-card method.
The update seemed to work.

========== 2016.10.23 15:32:14 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

But in the DJIgo app I only got a signal lost status. Even though i could see the camera image, i had no control over the gimbal. Also the RC link LED on the drone was red.
I tried linking the RC a few times, but the LED remained red.
So I thought about going the long route, by updating to 1.6.8 via DJIgo. I started the update procedure, but the drone didn´t start to beep, like it should during an update. The update progress bar shot from 6% straight to 72% and then the update ended with a message that the update has failed and that I should restart my rc and drone.
I did that, but now my RC is blinking green.
Is there a way to fix this?

edit: very strange, but i´m ok with the result...
I hooked up the rc to charge and after 20min I started the update again. This time it went all the way up from 0% to 100% in about one minute. The drone didn´t beep at all during the whole process.
DJI go now says that i´m on version 1.6.8
How is that possible, when all I did was updating the drone to 1.5.7?
Did I fool the app, by applieing a fw to the drone that the rc could not handle?
Is my drone 1.5.7 and my rc 1.6.8 now?
Drone is working like a charm, just took it for a quick flight. 135m height and 350m distance no problems. I reached 1300m distance on stock fw (1.3.5), will see how far it can go now with the update tomorrow.

Last edited:
I was curious if there is any higher version beside that .0090 so i checked up to .9999 and there was nothing. Also checked V01.08 from .0001 to .0999 and also no files. In case of anyone wondering.

ok here is the trick! go to: https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/dji-firmware-test/
and you get the list all of fw on this site. just search fog "p3c" for the standard's versions. i did this method for find this fw.

I tried 1.7.9. Max Distance 300m then RC signal lost. Max height 120 m RC signal lost. My RC has got argtek antenna mod.

HTC 10 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

I tried 1.7.9. Max Distance 300m then RC signal lost. Max height 120 m RC signal lost. My RC has got argtek antenna mod.

HTC 10 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Thx for checking. I'm already active on this thread but my first phantom ever (3 standard) has just been sent to me by it's previous owner. I will be 3rd owner in just 3 months. Starting to wondering what might be wrong with that one. I'm worrying that i might also have that problem, but hope it will work ok.
So...

I've seen frenky600 post about his talking with someone affilated to DJI care and he heard that CE/FCC setting in the given time is set by app, not drone or controller GPS. Workaround to get FCC working is to delete app, change phone/tablet region and language to any FCC country and it should work as FCC. Could this be true?
Here is the link for his post:

How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0

Thx for checking. I'm already active on this thread but my first phantom ever (3 standard) has just been sent to me by it's previous owner. I will be 3rd owner in just 3 months. Starting to wondering what might be wrong with that one. I'm worrying that i might also have that problem, but hope it will work ok.
So...

I've seen frenky600 post about his talking with someone affilated to DJI care and he heard that CE/FCC setting in the given time is set by app, not drone or controller GPS. Workaround to get FCC working is to delete app, change phone/tablet region and language to any FCC country and it should work as FCC. Could this be true?
Here is the link for his post:

How to Update Tx-Power with Magic Power v5.0
I will try.

Sent from my General Mobile 4G Dual using Tapatalk

Possibly slightly unrelated but still relevant: How are some people here achieving distances of 3km?

I'm over here getting 300-400m on a good day in a rural field.

Is this normal for my Phantom 3 Standard? How could it be improved?

Chris P

Possibly slightly unrelated but still relevant: How are some people here achieving distances of 3km?

Chris P
Buy another antenna for your remote, either argtek or itelite dbs. I got over 3 km twice with the Argtek,, over a nice open field tho.. And it depends if your in CE or FCC 20160920_153958.png

Chris P

I get 1,25 km with both video and control in CE mode without any modification in the countryside (no interference). That's more than twice the rated distance for CE.
And maybe a couple of hundred meters in residential area. (The firmware used was 1.5.70) I tried 1.6.8 but got shorter distance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

anybody else who has problems to downgrade from 1.6.8 to 1.5.7 on the standard and anybody who has testet 1.7.9 betal fully without any antenna upgrades.i am in denmark whats difrent ce and fcc and can you change that??

As many now know - I had serious problems trying to downgrade my new P3S ... in fact I lost control link.

Only when I flashed 1.7.9 to the AC did I get control back again.

My sequence was :

Original FW (I believe may have been 1.7.X) downgrade to 1.5.7 ................. lost all control of AC. Only DJi GO to camera was left.
Tried install 1.6.8 - no different ... no controol.

Installed 1.7.9 and all back to original state with control and unreliable video feed.

Today I tried to use Magic Power 5..... which refused to do anything.

So it looks like 1.7.9 locks you to that FW and you cannot alter the power.

I am only a new guy with this model - so someone else may have better experience of this set-up ... I just post what happened with mine.

You could say I am not very happy.

Nigel

As many now know - I had serious problems trying to downgrade my new P3S ... in fact I lost control link.

Only when I flashed 1.7.9 to the AC did I get control back again.

My sequence was :

Original FW (I believe may have been 1.7.X) downgrade to 1.5.7 ................. lost all control of AC. Only DJi GO to camera was left.
Tried install 1.6.8 - no different ... no controol.

Installed 1.7.9 and all back to original state with control and unreliable video feed.

Today I tried to use Magic Power 5..... which refused to do anything.

So it looks like 1.7.9 locks you to that FW and you cannot alter the power.

I am only a new guy with this model - so someone else may have better experience of this set-up ... I just post what happened with mine.

You could say I am not very happy.

Nigel

You could try to increase the power with Icarus range mod. It worked for me with 1.7.86 (btw, I'm back to 1.6.8 since I got no real improvement with 1.7)

Oh boy...i'm a new flyer, DJI refurb P3S will be here today...what do i need to know? I assume it'll come with the newest firmware so i'm screwed, right?

You could try to increase the power with Icarus range mod. It worked for me with 1.7.86 (btw, I'm back to 1.6.8 since I got no real improvement with 1.7)

Whats Icarus mod ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31