Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

New Battery and V 1.8.80

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by nicelypm1, Apr 9, 2016.

1. nicelypm1

Got a new battery today and I my p3a is on the new version 1.8.80. Battery is an original DJI product. I am getting the message battery requires update. I have shut down and restarted phantom, RC, and go app several times and message still returns. I guess 1.8.80 does not update new batteries to the new firmware. Question is do I need to downgrade to have the battery do the update? if so what a PITA that's going to be. any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. BDinLV

You need to have the SD card with the latest .bin file in the Phantom for it to upgrade.

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

If needed, you can find detailed instructions for upgrading the battery firmware here.

4. BigDS

Whenever you upgrade firmware (that includes a battery update), you should make sure you have all your batteries charged and ready. As soon as the firmware updates with one battery, turn phantom off, leave SDHC card with firmware in gimbal, put in next battery, power up, wait for update to finish. Once next battery is updated repeat for any remaining batteries. I recommend leaving the firmware in a folder on your computer so you can perform this again at a later date if you get more batteries like you have.

5. nicelypm1

Thanks guys, I feel like a total idiot, yep had the wrong sd card in the bird. after switching to the one with the bin file on it all is good.

6. alokbhargava

Are you sure you still have 1.8 bin file on your SD card? That should upgrade your battery FW. Put bin file back on SD card and insert the battery and switch on P3. Battery should get updated.

7. gmartinez0003

If you have time, check my recent topic posted. I'm wanted info on downgrading FW as DJI states in FW overview. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app