Nazam-M Newbie Question

Reaction score
First of I want to get my head wrapped around activating the NAZAM-M. Just so we are all on the same page. When I opened the assistant. I clicked on the square next to ENGLISH drop down.

I got a warning that the planet will never align again...or something to that effect. I clicked yes.

I realize this is for expert flying. I flown my phantom a few times but can fly the hubsan mini quads in my sleep. Forwards backwards, at me, away from me etc. (Maybe 40-60 hours flight time)

I read by activating this you can get smoother video.

Here are my questions.

1) What adjustments or settings should I do? (maybe a very broad question)

+ I did lower the Altitude Gain down 10%..based on a recommendation from a fellow poster.

What about in the ADVANCED TAB (F/S, IOC, GIMBAL/BAttery) Do I want to enable IOC? If so what? (it is set to off now)

In F/S - fail safe...do I want go-home and landing?

2) X2 (the right toggle) Appears I have set as top GPS, second ATTI (harder to fly but smoother video) Do I want to change the last ATTI to failsafe? (Dumb follow up..do I flip that to have it come back to me?)

3) X1 (the left toggle) What is CL and HL?

4) Is the X2 Off, CL, HL only work when the controller is in the ATTI (right toggle mid position) or does that work in GPS mode?

Sorry a lot of questions here but could use a hand to explain this in English. (or the ramifications/things I am setting in English)

Hi Brian,

1. The best way is start with the default values and see how it flies. If you really feel you need to tweak, do it in small increments otherwise you can quickly find yourself with a P2 that’s unresponsive or difficult to control.

If you don't enable to 'Go Home & Land' you'll find your P2 will just land itself wherever the fail-safe kicks in rather than coming back to you first. Clearly you'd only want to use this if your P2 is close by at all times.

You'll want to enable IOC but leave the Gimbal and Battery settings alone unless you are experiencing issues.

There's an old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Don't just go altering settings just because you can! If you need to change something, remember, small adjustment then test.

2. It’s personal preference. I like having the failsafe there just in case I ever need to use it. Saying that, it’s just as easy to turn off the Tx handset to cause the F/S to kick-in

3. CL & HL stand for Course Lock and Home Lock. Simplistically in CL your P2 will fly in the direction that you point the nose when you press forward on the right stick. In HL when you pull backward on the right stick, your P2 will fly directly back to its Home Point. If you ‘get lost’ you can flick it into HL, pull back and it’ll come back toward you wherever it’s Home Point is.

4. Home Lock only works in GPS Mode; Course lock works in both ATTI and GPS Modes.

Hope this helps?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl