My thoughts on breaking the rules.

I am getting sick of reading all the posts here people are worried, mad, confused and the like. IF YOU DONT LIKE FLYING A DRONE UNDER THE CURRENT CONDITIONS (legal and social)...SELL THE FRIGGIN THING AND START ANOTHER HOBBY.

end of rant...

You mean kinda like not reading posts that you are sick of reading?! [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: 42FrankZ
Look Suhail78, you are probably ignorant of the fact that society only works when people live by the agreed upon rules called laws and without compliance then we're are back to Dodge City and having lived through Vietnam I personally prefer to live in a place where the law is not who is best with a gun.

wow Idont think he is ignorant of anything
dodge city and guns appear to be a real stretch of his meaning.

WE all need to get out of each others faces and lives telling others how to live and how they are ignorant when they don't agree or APPEAR to agree.

The op has every right to feel as he does but
the point Suhail78 was making is, what was the point of the post other than to tell others how to behave!

good luck and have fun flying!.

Reactions: Suhail78
Dont you worry it will get stricter as more and more people have access to those drones

No I don't worry about it. What some yahoo does is outside of my control. The rules are there. Everyone knows them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almost makes you wonder if a licence should be required before purchase. Not to make it prohibitive, just to ensure commitment. Weed out the joy-flyers. I dunno.

So how does that work with drivers licenses? (Rhetorical question) The answer is, there are Yahoos that still drive foolishly. You can't license common sense.

Reactions: Slackware
Well good thing I am not in the USA. :)

Why? The current restrictions in the United States seem pretty reasonable.

So how does that work with drivers licenses? (Rhetorical question) The answer is, there are Yahoos that still drive foolishly. You can't license common sense.

No... you can't. I think I even said that somewhere. All you can do is try to leverage the odds.

It's just a thought, and I haven't even really thought it through. Just wondering if the "extra step" would dissuade some Yahoos from bothering to buy and try.

And that is exactly the point. We can pontificate until the cows come home about drone responsibility and the consequences of an individual's actions, but you can never rule out how an unexpected drone event will pan out. Inexperience, hardware malfunction, intentional actions all create hazards and the current rules and regulations are designed and modified to reflect community standards. I routinely 'break' the rules when I fly in my area due to the almost non existence of aircraft (once a month in my area), very few people and an endless area to fly. I take all the usual precautions (drone pre start, settings, weather) and off I go. Whilst I am responsible for my actions, I personally couldn't care less what other people do. Bigger fish to fry.

The rules are the rules. Everyone knows them. If you choose to go outside them there are consequences if you are caught are cause damage. I usually don't even pay much attention unless what is being done is a clear danger to people or property.

The rules are the rules. Everyone knows them. If you choose to go outside them there are consequences if you are caught are cause damage. I usually don't even pay much attention unless what is being done is a clear danger to people or property.

And unfortunately there will always be those who want to 'express individualism' and piss other people off. They can cop whatever comes their way. Time and a place for everything, in my case if I lose the drone over the lake, the fish get it, if I lose it over the forest, the kangaroos get it. I don't bother anyone and no one ever bothers me.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Maybe living in Flor-I-Duh gives me a distorted perspective, but I still think there are a LOT more irresponsible Ducks, Herons, Canadian Geese, Egrets, Storks, Eagles, Ospreys, Swans and Hawks out there than there are drones. And every one of these big boys outweighs (and you'd think would cause more damage) than a pipsqueak drone.
Just trying to keep things in perspective. It's like my car complaining about the danger of all those bees flying too low.. The first drone that takes down a helicopter or jet, I'd betcha the Army, Navy and Marines would pay big BUCK$ to know his technique.
Just the opposite, Boeing, Northrup Grumman would have you prosecuted for it. They want the money to "develop" it.
Helicopters are easy for drone, subsonic jets a drone can take care of, supersonic would be much harder.
idiots try to make drone a missile instead of using it as a drone is why they fail.

Is there a difference?
But what everyone is overlooking is are the "rules" even constitutional. I can't find regulating airspace in the enumerated powers of the constitution.

Just didn't want it left to the assumption that this kind of this only happens in far away, foreign lands... it can even happen right in your own back yard. Makes it more relevant.

Just didn't want it left to the assumption that this kind of this only happens in far away, foreign lands... it can even happen right in your own back yard. Makes it more relevant.

I meant between tehran and dc. both are dictatorships run by tyrants with mobs in the streets rioting and burning. only a tyrant would claim a drone in no fly zone is a hazard to aircraft that can't fly there.

Last edited:
I doubt most people that break the rules never even heard about this forum. They are the ones that need some preaching before s**t gets real

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I doubt most people that break the rules never even heard about this forum. They are the ones that need some preaching before s**t gets real
I would be surprised if the people writing the rules know of it also.

Slackware: Maybe I misread your point or you are being fascias, but manned flight was non existent when the constitution was written...

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app
But WAS accounted for by giving the power to states and individuals to handle it.
If it is such a great idea, then why doesn't the congress amend the constitution to allow them to do it?

Why? The current restrictions in the United States seem pretty reasonable.

I don't see how you call "you can't fly at all" reasonable. In fact you are not even allowed to fly INSIDE your own home in some places.
"You can't fly into aircraft" would be a reasonable rule.

The annoying thing is people like you who would rather rant and rave about other people.

JUST WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF.

As long as your not breaking the rules or doing dumb ****, then why worry about what others are doing? Yeah we all enjoy the hobby, and dont want anything to change that, but at the same time, let people live and deal with the consequences of their own actions.

Some people just need to lighten up. Dont be the guy to call and report someone for flying at 401 ft.
Or just fly you right. **** drone and enjoy what you can the law will do what it wants no matter how many people ***** about others flying like idiots all the talking in the world won't stop idiots so yea just worry about yourself and your flying skills

Reactions: Suhail78

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello