My Drone Nerds Repair Odyssey So Far

Reaction score
On February 25th Drone Nerds acknowledged receiving my Phantom 3 Pro for repair. In the email they stated "Our technicians will begin work on your unit roughly 10-14 business days from now. At that time we will contact you with a quote for the repairs."

After emails (never replied to) and phone calls well after 14 business days I received a quote on April 5th, 29 business later. After immediately paying them, it was shipped the same day. They said the following: "We have successfully test flown it and the Drone is in 100% working order."

After receiving my P3 Pro I took it outside to test fly. The Phantom said everything was fine when connected. The firmware was up to date and it said "Ready to Fly" in GPS mode. The gimbal responded when I tilted it. The camera was fine and I was excited to take off. When I did the CSC, NOTHING! Not even a peep from the motors - totally dead. I wondered how they "Test Flew" it

Well, I immediately emailed them explaining the problem in detail. They acknowledged the email, but I haven't heard any more so far. I called them this morning, and they said someone would call me. So far no one has called.

I will update this situation when I get more to add.

I would be fuming mad if I went through that!
Thanks for posting this! I have now added this to my "mental" blacklist of companies that I will do business with. That's why I like Drones Plus. They have a retail establishment in my area so I can physically walk in and speak face to face with the representative .

I'd be back on the phone. That's outrageously poor customer service. To me, as pissed as I'd be when I got my Phantom back and there was still a problem - any number of things can happen in transit - not responding to the customer is unforgivable. Further, the amount of time they took to do whatever the actually did do is far longer than others I know of. Even DJI turned around a replacement - instead of a repaired - RC for me in two weeks, most of which was shipping time.

If you are detailing an experience you had with Drone Nerds in Aventura, FL (about 5 miles from me) I can tell you after a visit to their shop that they are not very accommodating. Small, SMALL, poquito, showroom. The only fella actively visible is harried and not forthcoming.

Sent via Galaxy Note 4 & Tapatalk

Just a thought, have you calibrated everything. Imu, Compass, r/c ect.

The final chapter of this story is that after calling again today I received an email late this afternoon from Rob at Drone Nerds. He said to check to see that the RC was set to Mode 2. Well, I have had now 8 Phantoms over the last 2 1/2 years and never had to set the stick mode as Mode 2 is the default.

When I checked the stick mode was not set to anything apparently. I then set Mode 2 and the Phantom fired up immediately. If this unit was test flown, how did the mode get changed? However, I am thankful I do not have to return it for repair.

Reactions: Schnoidz
Maybe they did swipe/auto takeoff. Not everyone uses CSC to take off. How the mode got changed is a mystery. However, after updating my bird to 1.8 and going through all my settings to readjust if needed, my forward/back expo was set down to 20! I know I never had that set that way. Very glad I checked or I would have though they choked the hell of the bird in this update, lol. Guess any setting is suspect after a firmware update and you need to check through them all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl