My DJI phantom 3 professional lost control and crash

Reaction score
I'm new on here and not sure how everything works on here. I did everything as I always do before flying. I have a DJI phantom 3 professional. Was getting 14 satellites and showed that it was safe to fly. Took off and at about 78ft I heard a click and the and the motors sounded like they were revved all the way up. Drone tilted sideways and headed to the ground. I tried to to control it and nothing! It all happened in 12 seconds. From take off to crash

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lost or broke a prop or motor...

Reactions: Oso
I'm new on here and not sure how everything works on here. I did everything as I always do before flying. I have a DJI phantom 3 professional. Was getting 14 satellites and showed that it was safe to fly. Took off and at about 78ft I heard a click and the and the motors sounded like they were revved all the way up. Drone tilted sideways and headed to the ground. I tried to to control it and nothing! It all happened in 12 seconds. From take off to crash
Where did you find the missing prop?
Sorry for your loss.

He should post the logs. It's not unheard of that the craft simply fails. I had one do that and DJI had to repair it after reviewing the logs and such.

You can skip to close to the end, but this is what a death from software/firmware failure looks like.

Reactions: Reed L and Digdat0
Thanks for the response. props were all there, one broke on impact. It went down really fast! Here is a copy of my flight record

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-05-30_[16-05-54].txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 441
Thanks for the response. props were all there, one broke on impact. It went down really fast! Here is a copy of my flight record
The flight record shows multiple Speed Error warnings indicating a problem in the propulsion system.
Upload your flight record to DJI (click the cloud icon in the app)
Contact DJI online support: DJI Support - Phantom 3 Professional
And they should take care of you.

Yeah it seem like it went rogue and head straight for the ground. What is normally the cause for that?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Everytime I fly mine I take off and kind of wait for some seconds hovering low, just in case there is a broken prop, I can see it before going higher or if it crashes, it won't be that bad.
Do you know if there is something like a minimum period of time for testing props hovering, so it would be safe to fly after that? Does anyone else have another way to prevent that from happening, except checking the props before flying?

After i hand tighten them i give them about a quarter of a turn with the prop wrench to make sure they're tight.

After i hand tighten them i give them about a quarter of a turn with the prop wrench to make sure they're tight.
If you don't crash them and don't over-tighten them, your props will last a long time.
They only need to be finger firm.
Tightening a quarter turn sounds too much and you should not be using a wrench.
The wrench is for loosening too-tight props after a crash.

BTW, what is the warranty of the Phantom?
It depends on which part you're referring to. You can find the warranty time periods by part on DJI's website here.

Reactions: Darmie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart