Much Better!

Well the wide foot bracket got here on Thursday (pretty quick shipping)and it does seem
much more stable then the metal bracket from amazon and the best thing is I do not have to keep tightening it all the time.

I will do a quick comparison video on Saturday and let you guys judge for yourselves.

Just quickly I will admit the stability bracket from faadronedecals.com does look more beefier and impressive on the controller.

Will update soon

Bracket comparison.JPG

Reactions: kenjancef
Had my "wide base" add on now for a couple of months.. Love it. The cheaper metal ones (on Ebay) help, but these are rock solid..

Reactions: Big Bob
Your pic looks like my 2...lol
Bought the bad metal one and then went with the wider foot.
Has worked great!
Loving forward to your video.
Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Big Bob
I ordered one a few days ago. $22 isn't so bad, especially to get more stability for your tablet.

Looks way easy to install too...

Very easy to install, but with one caution. They did a design change, and where there used to be two small circular "cut outs" on the top where the tablet mount connects, it is now flush metal. This is fine if you want your device mount somewhat fixed in place. I spoke with the folks who sell it. I opted to take one of the plastic washers and still leave it between the mount and the device holder. When you tighten the screw, it will still allow you to fold down the holder if you use the backpack case.. :)

Very easy to install, but with one caution. They did a design change, and where there used to be two small circular "cut outs" on the top where the tablet mount connects, it is now flush metal. This is fine if you want your device mount somewhat fixed in place. I spoke with the folks who sell it. I opted to take one of the plastic washers and still leave it between the mount and the device holder. When you tighten the screw, it will still allow you to fold down the holder if you use the backpack case.. :)

I see that ...there is a new 2016 model that must be what your talking about , no recesses
I don't normally put mine in a pack back or case, just walk out my back door.
But nice to know what the washers are for...
Thanks Jay

I ordered one a few days ago. $22 isn't so bad, especially to get more stability for your tablet.

Looks way easy to install too...

Hey Ken
I got my bracket in like 3 days...**** quick!
Did you receive your bracket yet, and what do you think?
Testing mine when I get home tonight.

I received mine today and it is rock solid, really liking it a lot so far, I put my tablet to test and holds good

Just to let you guys know, I fitted one of the metal ones on eBay from China about a month ago and am a happy man. No movement at all.
Re another post regarding my aerial upgrade and the quality of the remote, obviously Dji want to make the the thing as cheaply( within reason) as they can to maximise profits but the faults (broken bits) I found inside can only be put down to poor quality control on the assembly line.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I see that ...there is a new 2016 model that must be what your talking about , no recesses
I don't normally put mine in a pack back or case, just walk out my back door.
But nice to know what the washers are for...
Thanks Jay

No problem, and the one washer (as you're looking down at RC, placed on right side) holds it rock steady and still allows it to be folded down for storage in the back pack. (for anyone else looking at this thread). :)

Jay S.

Thanks for that tip... does it matter what side to put that washer on? I would assume not... And yea, I use a backpack case, the cheap $35 one that Bangood has, or had, not sure if they still do have it...

Hey Ken
I got my bracket in like 3 days...**** quick!
Did you receive your bracket yet, and what do you think?
Testing mine when I get home tonight.

Just checked... looks like it was delivered today, but it was delivered at my work, and I took today off... lol... Funny, I flew for a short time yesterday (Sunday) to get shots of a huge storm rolling by my house, and wouldn't you think the first thing I see/feel on my remote is the bracket wiggling all over the place. Does DJI even test this stuff? Ugh... can't wait to get this bracket on... I might even bring my phantom to work so I can install it.. lol

Thanks for that tip... does it matter what side to put that washer on? I would assume not... And yea, I use a backpack case, the cheap $35 one that Bangood has, or had, not sure if they still do have it...

Harder to get on the "inner" side. Worked better (my opinion) on the screw side.. YMMV :)

Hey.. whatever works, right? lol... I'll bring my P3P to work tomorrow and get it installed.

Indeed. :) I talked to the guy at FAA Decals about it and he was going to report back to China that the mod doesn't fit all customer needs (unless you use the washer) and that at least one side being recessed could help.. Don't know if it will change..

Indeed. :) I talked to the guy at FAA Decals about it and he was going to report back to China that the mod doesn't fit all customer needs (unless you use the washer) and that at least one side being recessed could help.. Don't know if it will change..

What was the reason for the change? I don't get why they changed it...

What was the reason for the change? I don't get why they changed it...

Guessing it's cheaper to leave it flush vs. carving out those small circles. :) Regardless, the one washer on the side seems to solve any issues with folding it down and still leaves it rock solid. Without the washer, and once that screw was tightened, it was near impossible to fold down the holder. Guess if you want it locked in position it's a way to go??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl