Much Better!

Just ordered mine, thanks for the heads up.
I'm disgusted with the low quality of the rc for the P3P. DJI should use a higher quality plastic if nothing else.
How many of us have uttered those same words...?

I was rather disappointed, when I first attached a shiny brand new iPad Mini 2 to the device holder, and could feel it instantly become sloppy.
Since I installed the metal bracket, my holder has needed retightening only once. Just the hinge screw.
I ask again. Which device holder comes with the Phantom 4 RC?

RedHotPoker

b750fa257a40597dac40941c999965cd.jpg

Gotta admit, I'm pretty impressed with how much more solid these are. Happy with purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Made mine 1000% better than the one that came on the RC

Put it to use today and it was solid with my iPad mini. Awesome

I got mine today and put it to use also. It's worth the price for the stability of the mini 4, compared to the oem mount, yes it's awesome.
I just received mine yesterday. Feels solid but haven't taken out the pack yet. ! Is it easy to install?

Yep super easy. Just a couple screws to tighten and your all set

Here you go:
Stability Bracket for DJI Controllers

A bit pricier than the metal ones on eBay and Amazon but I liked the wide base design of these and read some reviews and decided to go with it. Been reading more and more about the stock bracket failing and iPads being destroyed. Seemed like a good investment.

Also fits back in my hard case with no additional modification needed. Seems to have the same footprint when on its side, as the stock bracket

Toph It's been a few months, how's the bracket holding?, still recommend?, I'm looking for one to upgrade my controller with

I have the same one and have been using it since April or so.
I love it.
The wider base makes all the difference.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the same one and have been using it since April or so.
I love it.
The wider base makes all the difference
MasterBlaster I ordered one earlier after posting my question, and from one Blaster to another Blaster thanks for the reply :)

I bought the cheaper one off amazon and I hate it!
Its the same design as the plastic one just made out of metal it doesnt have the the wide foot
and it still has some shake to it, the other thing is I have to re-tighten it A LOT!

With all the checking and spinning I have to do before flying the last thing I want to do is tighten the stupid bracket!

I'm going to order the the wide foot one and show a comparison of the two when I get it, will see how good it really works.

Toph I want to make sure I get the same one, you got yours from faadromedecals.com right?

The only thing I had to do to the wide foot bracket was add a star washer so my iPad or Shield K1 would not tilt.
If your still tilts I recommend adding a star washer.
JMO

MB

The only thing I had to do to the wide foot bracket was add a star washer so my iPad or Shield K1 would not tilt.
If your still tilts I recommend adding a star washer.
JMO

MB

Hey MB,

No tilting isnt the problem its the side to side shaking that drives me crazy.

MB (and I do love that movie) where did you order the wide foot one from same place as Toph?

Hey MB,

No tilting isnt the problem its the side to side shaking that drives me crazy.

MB (and I do love that movie) where did you order the wide foot one from same place as Toph?

What I was saying is that the new one may tilt on you.
If it does, just know that there is an easy fix.
It does not move side to side at ALL.
Yes same place
And well worth it. I bought 2 others before finding this one.
This will be the last one you ever buy.
Great movie :)

One of my favorite movies was "Sometimes A Great Notion"!! ;-)

When I had the Inspire 1 device holder installed nice and tight on my @dji radio, upon reflection I was surprised they hadn't included it with all Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional radio controllers, as well as their flagship Inspire 1. That original darn OEM spastic-plastic device holder was nothing but a wobbly-bobbly, unfortunate accident waiting to happen to my expensive iPad Air2, piece of poorly designed kit.
So therefor I saved mine. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Why such a simple mod can't be done by DJI design engineers? High tech doesn't mean neglect the basics.

I also ordered the bracket with the wide foot, it will be interesting to see how it works out.
I'am hoping that it will be better then the cheaper metal one that I got from Amazon.

I plan on doing a review of the two different metal brackets to see if one is really better.
I a little skeptical but will keep you informed of my findings

I will say this I ordered the bracket about 3pm Eastern time and received an email stating that it shipped 2 hours later.
That was **** fast!

Reactions: MasterBlaster
That is rather expedient. They must be in Sport Mode. Hahaha
Yes the broad foot stance, steady as she goes.
Looking forward to you explaining feelings, figuring and findings...

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl