More powerfull repeater?

BAKER_1111 said:
here is my set up i have 2 14 dbi directional antennas in the one case with 2 2w boosters and 2 omni antennas on each to i conected all of this with a 12v battery and the wifi extender also gets charged from this i put a swith to turn the hole system on or off it just hangs from the remote so you can put it anywhere i put a directional antenna on the 5.8 ghz remot and i put 4 clovers on the phantom itself the pics speak for themselvs i have not got a chance to fly it yet but flu it in the house lol
Hi I'm pretty new here I have a question for you that I have connected a cable to the camera is an improvement on the air and if so how

Ok guys, I can confirm you a +8dbi antenna on extender gives you at least 100m more on range on open field (reach 405m). Tomorrow will try to find the limit. Thank you all here for the suggestions!

mr_3_0_5 said:
gfredrone said:
mr_3_0_5 said:
Here is a link to a guy on rcgroups that builds antennas if any if you are interested he came highly recommended by Ibcrazy

http://www.fpvlr.com/store/

Thanks for the link! I just emailed and asked about making me a 2.4 GHz Helical (LHCP) antenna like this one http://www.fpvlr.com/store/dettaglio_ar ... rticolo=17

That is the one I've had my eye on as we'll
Please let me know how it does for you

Here is my email to them. Will keep you updated.

I need a 2.4 GHz Helical (LHCP) antenna to upgrade the FPV wifi range extender that connects to the Phantom 2 Vision's truncated corner microstrip patch antenna in the camera. I'm looking for the smallest package possible with a 9dBi minimum. What do you suggest and how long will it take to have one ready.

I like this one but it doesn't say if it's LHCP. http://www.fpvlr.com/store/dettaglio_ar ... rticolo=17

I like the size of this one but it's 5.8 Ghz and not the required 2.4 Ghz. Is it possible to make this one a 2.4 Ghz LHCP? http://www.fpvlr.com/store/dettaglio_ar ... rticolo=26

Thank you!

mr_3_0_5 said:
I am in contact with him and he said he may just make a custom 9dbi LHCP dome just for dji

Awesome! I'll buy one right away. Thanks for the update.

I'm getting 1400-1500 feet stock. I wonder how much that will increase with the right LHCP antenna?

BAKER_1111 said:
here is my set up i have 2 14 dbi directional antennas in the one case with 2 2w boosters and 2 omni antennas on each to i conected all of this with a 12v battery and the wifi extender also gets charged from this i put a swith to turn the hole system on or off it just hangs from the remote so you can put it anywhere i put a directional antenna on the 5.8 ghz remot and i put 4 clovers on the phantom itself the pics speak for themselvs i have not got a chance to fly it yet but flu it in the house lol

Hi Baker, those antennas you used look like a 5.8ghz antenna I have. Are those marketed as 5.8 or 2.4? And how did you connect two antennas on either side for 4 total. Did you use a Y splitter for them all? So far mixing and omni with the clover leaf style seems okay for my setup. Though I tested with a 5.8ghz clover leaf on the camera. I will be trying some others as well.

BenDronePilot said:
BAKER_1111 said:

Hi Baker, those antennas you used look like a 5.8ghz antenna I have. Are those marketed as 5.8 or 2.4? And how did you connect two antennas on either side for 4 total. Did you use a Y splitter for them all? So far mixing and omni with the clover leaf style seems okay for my setup. Though I tested with a 5.8ghz clover leaf on the camera. I will be trying some others as well.

No y splitters needed there is 2 5.8ghz antennas for the phantom and there is 2 2.4ghz antennas for the camera witch makes 4 total so every antenna on the phantom is a cloverleaf like I wrote in previous posts have not had the chance to give it a good distance test urt but have no doubt it should work great .

Just so everyone knows if you plan on putting different antennas on the craft itself for the 5.8ghz side be vary carefull because they put like a job weld on the antennas and if you try taking them off you will rip them off the cercuit board it is vary chinsey looking the way I did it was I spliced them and solderd them to the pigtails if you break the circuit board it is a 30$ peace not bad I was happy to notice that .... happy modding

BAKER_1111 said:
audis200 said:
BAKER_1111 said:
how long of the range that you achieved? ^_^

I haven't really got to test it yet weather sucks will let you know

I believe FPV range may get less than stock camera antenna. As I can see from the picture, camera's wifi antennas are likely 5.8G CL or SPW (not 2.4G) according to their size. You would also loss 3dB signal strength due to mismatching polarization between CP and linear. 3dB lost implies to 50% power lost and 30% shorten in range.

The antennas that do not have caps on them are 2.4 the ones with caps are 5.8 the antennas in the camera are directional and those are alwase facing away from you and I'm using 2 14dbi directional with boosters so I'm filling the sky with a lot of sinal I don't think I will lose anything

BAKER_1111 said:
The antennas that do not have caps on them are 2.4 the ones with caps are 5.8 the antennas in the camera are directional and those are alwase facing away from you and I'm using 2 14dbi directional with boosters so I'm filling the sky with a lot of sinal I don't think I will lose anything

It's hard to believe 2.4G (without cap) and 5.8G (with cap) are the same size regardless the cap. 2.4G CL/SP antenna used to be 2.4 times bigger/longer than 5.8G.

Anyway, let us know how's the range it goes.

I found a nice youtube video on helping the range by installing a better antenna.

This was the title...DJI Phantom 2 Vision Wifi Range Extender / Repeater External Ant

BAKER_1111 said:
Just so everyone knows if you plan on putting different antennas on the craft itself for the 5.8ghz side be vary carefull because they put like a job weld on the antennas and if you try taking them off you will rip them off the cercuit board it is vary chinsey looking the way I did it was I spliced them and solderd them to the pigtails if you break the circuit board it is a 30$ peace not bad I was happy to notice that .... happy modding

May I ask where you was able to buy the parts. I may want to buy a spare board for inside the transmitter.

I am losing control signal before video which I think is quite strange. I did make a mod to the 2.4ghz side of the range extender and added a 5dbi omni. But I lose control signal at about 1200-1300 ft out and yes I am in FCC mode. From the posts here it seems like even with stock setup on 5.8ghz side I should be able to reach 3000 ft easy enough. I have noticed that the adjustment screw on the back of the transmitter most be absolutely to its end point or it will not beep twice to indicate FCC mode. If it is only 99.9 % to the end point I will only get 1 beep. So I always make sure I get the 2 beeps but still only getting just over 1200 ft before losing control signal. Seems like something is wrong on the 5.8ghz side. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

HaM-73 said:
I am losing control signal before video which I think is quite strange. I did make a mod to the 2.4ghz side of the range extender and added a 5dbi omni. But I lose control signal at about 1200-1300 ft out and yes I am in FCC mode. From the posts here it seems like even with stock setup on 5.8ghz side I should be able to reach 3000 ft easy enough. I have noticed that the adjustment screw on the back of the transmitter most be absolutely to its end point or it will not beep twice to indicate FCC mode. If it is only 99.9 % to the end point I will only get 1 beep. So I always make sure I get the 2 beeps but still only getting just over 1200 ft before losing control signal. Seems like something is wrong on the 5.8ghz side. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Check the post here - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5828&
I still haven't had mine returned - close to a month now.

Luap said:
HaM-73 said:

Check the post here - http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5828&
I still haven't had mine returned - close to a month now.

Thanks for the link. Let us know what the shop diagnosis is if not to much trouble. Not sure whether to think it may be the transmitter board or the receiver board on the P2V.

HaM-73 said:
BAKER_1111 said:

May I ask where you was able to buy the parts. I may want to buy a spare board for inside the transmitter.

Halipal.com is where I got the board everything else was amazon

For those of you who want to learn more about antennas there is a series of GREAT Utube Videos - just Google "Success in FPV part: 4 - The Antenna System".

The link is

http://youtu.be/ptcIFC6dqb0

The series is attended at FPV for RC Airplanes but does apply to the discussions on this forum. I watched all 11 videos and did learn a bunch.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing