More powerfull repeater?

oukenfold said:
well i am lost, some questiosn!

1.- its that really hard to put an antenna in to the camara? i guess that just putting 1 will help a lot the video signal, but where the hell i put on the phantom shell?

2.- i see that all the atennas in the p2v, the camara, the rx, the tx,the repeater, can be upgrade using U.flto RP-SMA Pigtail thats correct?

3.- so if a whant more video and tx-rx range, can i put one 5db antenna on one of the camaras antenna, one 5 db on one of the rx antennas instead of one on the legs of the phantom? i allready have change the reapeter antenas for the direcional 9db tplink antenas en one 8db onmi direcional antenna, so i just need one for the Tx. what a hell work. uhmm.

but all resume to were i will put the antennas on the pv2 that can be facing down and get all cover, :(

For long range of video downlink, I think a "good" ground station antenna is the priority. I flew my stock P2V 1.7 KM (5,600 feet) with homebrew helical antenna (posted at another thread below). High gain does not always mean longer range.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7183&p=56744#p56744

PVFlyer said:
oukenfold said:
well i am lost, some questiosn!

1.- its that really hard to put an antenna in to the camara? i guess that just putting 1 will help a lot the video signal, but where the hell i put on the phantom shell?

2.- i see that all the atennas in the p2v, the camara, the rx, the tx,the repeater, can be upgrade using U.flto RP-SMA Pigtail thats correct?

3.- so if a whant more video and tx-rx range, can i put one 5db antenna on one of the camaras antenna, one 5 db on one of the rx antennas instead of one on the legs of the phantom? i allready have change the reapeter antenas for the direcional 9db tplink antenas en one 8db onmi direcional antenna, so i just need one for the Tx. what a hell work. uhmm.

but all resume to were i will put the antennas on the pv2 that can be facing down and get all cover, :(

For long range of video downlink, I think a "good" ground station antenna is the priority. I flew my stock P2V 1.7 KM (5,600 feet) with homebrew helical antenna (posted at another thread below). High gain does not always mean longer range.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7183&p=56744#p56744

well i see the helical antenas but whats on the middle, i maybe buy 2 of this ones what do you think?

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1252

directly to the repeater on a tripod can this work?

Slightly off topic but do you reckon DJI will ever update the app to measure distances over 1km?
Seems a shame to be getting great distances and not knowing exactly how far that is.

007trains said:
Slightly off topic but do you reckon DJI will ever update the app to measure distances over 1km?
Seems a shame to be getting great distances and not knowing exactly how far that is.

I would say this is a must. At the moment I am using a tracker to get data, but I have to call it manually, but it is very accurate, and useful in case PV decides not to come home.

I just upgraded my antenna on the wifi repeater. I got 846 meter before i lost the control signal. The Video feed was stable al the way. I am very happy with the result.The weather here in Norway was a little windy -4 C. I guess the batteries in the stock controller is a little bit old. Tomorrow i will use new batteries and hope for longer control connection.

Regards
Bjorn

Attachments

• 846.jpg
    846.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 361
Bjorn Thore said:
I just upgraded my antenna on the wifi repeater. I got 846 meter before i lost the control signal. The Video feed was stable al the way. I am very happy with the result.The weather here in Norway was a little windy -4 C. I guess the batteries in the stock controller is a little bit old. Tomorrow i will use new batteries and hope for longer control connection.

Regards
Bjorn
What kind of antenna that you upgraded, would you mind share a photo with us? ^^ Anyway, 846m GOOD JOB^^

007trains said:

i think the flytrex core its that for, record your distance and other things, i guess, its indepent of the telemetry of the camara, correct me if im wrong.

PVFlyer said:
oukenfold said:
well i see the helical antenas but whats on the middle, i maybe buy 2 of this ones what do you think?

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1252

directly to the repeater on a tripod can this work?

The middle one is a Rocket M2 as I explained a bit in the thread.

This helical is UNLIKELY to work with P2V due to RHCP of the helical.

neebee here, well i under stand cicular direcctiona polarization but (Right Hand Circular Polarized (RHCP), whats it means the polarizarion will not be straight or what thank u.

oukenfold said:
007trains said:

i think the flytrex core its that for, record your distance and other things, i guess, its indepent of the telemetry of the camara, correct me if im wrong.

The Flytrex Core gets all of its data from the GPS unit on the Vision. It's "Y" cabled to sit between the GPS unit and the controller.

-slinger

gunslinger said:
oukenfold said:
007trains said:

The Flytrex Core gets all of its data from the GPS unit on the Vision. It's "Y" cabled to sit between the GPS unit and the controller.

-slinger

im lost so the flytrex can give me the real distance all the time? even that on the iphone a get N/A? because i pass the 999m, im looking for a solution o something to record my rela distance?

-slinger

im lost so the flytrex can give me the real distance all the time? even that on the iphone a get N/A? because i pass the 999m, im looking for a solution o something to record my rela distance?

Yes. You can even use DashWare, with a .CSV file exported from the FlyTrex core, to show your current distance from the point of take off, overlaying your video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8v6LFM2wNg is a rather crappy video I took a month or so ago, that shows some of the capabilities of the FlyTrex and DashWare combination. Note the white horizontal and vertical gauges on the right show current MPH and distance from takeoff...

-slinger

Hi all ! Thanks to everyone for so much interesting range upgrades ! Im waiting for my 2x 9 dbi omnis,and will probably buy a signal booster as well. Will post pics/info later :) keep up the good work guys :)

well i understand cicular direcctiona polarization but (Right Hand Circular Polarized (RHCP), whats it means the polarizarion will not be straight or what thank u.

Just a heads up. I posted this in a new thread so that it was easier to find (for those that might be interested.)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7289

Don't mean to cross post, but since some in here might be interested, the repeater and camera are actually 21dbm (126mw) and not 17dbm (50mw). This is important to know if you plan to add amplification.

Cheers

So this is my first post as I'm waiting for my vision to arrive tomorrow. I've read a good deal of this thread and feel quite informed. I did order a tplink omni antenna at 8dbi and the required cable. I plan on flying stock for a while to get everything sorted out before I do any mods.

Thanks for all the info. Can't wait to make more posts with pictures and video.

Just wanted to provide my update and see what you guys think.

I often see people achieving 2k + distances flying in the country. I live in Dallas Texas in a surban neighborhood. I have updated my tx with the RP-SMA 5.8G 11db aerial FPV high gain panel antenna for FPV 5.8Ghz TX RX and I have also updated my repeater with the TL-ANT2409A, the TL-ANT2414A and the TP-Link ANT2408CL 8dbi indoor omni directional antenna

I have tested all of these ant in front of my house and I fly down the street about 50 yards and then there's open pasture land I fly across to achieve max distance. I fly line of sight but the furthest I have flown is 1300' and some change.

When everything was stock, I lost my signal at about 500'. How are you guys achieving > 2k feet and I have the same mod Bjay, NCSG, and a few others have?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3880&start=550 (same mod)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing