More powerfull repeater?

oukenfold said:
well i am lost, some questiosn!

1.- its that really hard to put an antenna in to the camara? i guess that just putting 1 will help a lot the video signal, but where the hell i put on the phantom shell?

2.- i see that all the atennas in the p2v, the camara, the rx, the tx,the repeater, can be upgrade using U.flto RP-SMA Pigtail thats correct?

3.- so if a whant more video and tx-rx range, can i put one 5db antenna on one of the camaras antenna, one 5 db on one of the rx antennas instead of one on the legs of the phantom? i allready have change the reapeter antenas for the direcional 9db tplink antenas en one 8db onmi direcional antenna, so i just need one for the Tx. what a hell work. uhmm.

but all resume to were i will put the antennas on the pv2 that can be facing down and get all cover, :(

What performance that you can achieve with your Tplink 9dBi directional antenna? ^^

audis200 said:
oukenfold said:

1.- its that really hard to put an antenna in to the camara? i guess that just putting 1 will help a lot the video signal, but where the hell i put on the phantom shell?

2.- i see that all the atennas in the p2v, the camara, the rx, the tx,the repeater, can be upgrade using U.flto RP-SMA Pigtail thats correct?

3.- so if a whant more video and tx-rx range, can i put one 5db antenna on one of the camaras antenna, one 5 db on one of the rx antennas instead of one on the legs of the phantom? i allready have change the reapeter antenas for the direcional 9db tplink antenas en one 8db onmi direcional antenna, so i just need one for the Tx. what a hell work. uhmm.

but all resume to were i will put the antennas on the pv2 that can be facing down and get all cover, :(

What performance that you can achieve with your Tplink 9dBi directional antenna? ^^

800m long

oukenfold said:
audis200 said:
oukenfold said:

800m long

okok......no any wifi booster? do you have a picture showing your setting^^

oukenfold said:

1.- its that really hard to put an antenna in to the camara? No, just be careful. i guess that just putting 1 will help a lot the video signal Yes it does, but where the hell i put on the phantom shell? THe best performance is hanging it down below the landing gear, though this is not convenient.

2.- i see that all the atennas in the p2v, the camara, the rx, the tx,the repeater, can be upgrade using U.flto RP-SMA Pigtail thats correct? Yes

3.- so if a whant more video and tx-rx range, can i put one 5db antenna on one of the camaras antenna, one 5 db on one of the rx antennas instead of one on the legs of the phantom? Yesi allready have change the reapeter antenas for the direcional 9db tplink antenas en one 8db onmi direcional antenna, so i just need one for the Tx. what a hell work. uhmm. Yes it will help

but all resume to were i will put the antennas on the pv2 that can be facing down and get all cover, Yes, best coverage is hanging below the P2V but this presents a landing challenge (I catch land, but in an auto landing situation the P2V will tip over :(

themosttoys said:
audis200 said:
Today I used this setup with my 2.5W wifi booster......achieve 4000 feets flying distance ^^

With that antenna configuration (horizontal polarization) you will have yaw / panning dead spots on the left and / or right (based on my testing of that exact configuration.) Point the antenna straight down for better performance. Of course if you are happy, that is all that really matters. Good times.

This setting is for long distance flying not for multi-angel, so I reserved left side stock antenna for multi-angel flying within normal distance, THX^^
How long that you can fly and with what setting? would you share it with us, thx??^^

okok......no any wifi booster? do you have a picture showing your setting^^[/quote]

there it is

audis200 said:
This setting is for long distance flying not for multi-angel, so I reserved left side stock antenna for multi-angel flying within normal distance, THX^^
How long that you can fly and with what setting? would you share it with us, thx??^^

I frequently change my configuration. But relative to this type of setup look back a few pages in this tread (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3880&start=700). With the setup in those pictures (5dbi omni on P2v and 9dbi omni on stock repeater) I had continuous (640x480) video with a full pan at over 4600 feet (could have gone further but it was getting dark, I had done what I planned to do and was below 50% battery in windy conditions and the control signal was not stable.) I've flown out to 1.1 miles before control signal loss, but that was under more optimal conditions.

BTW, adding a booster to the repeater (or using a more powerful repeater) will give you some gains, but the real limit is on the P2V side. When I have a chance I plan to add a light weight 800mw booster to the P2V.

At this point I'm achieving the max range I plan to use the P2V, now I'm just looking for reliability (flying behind a leafless tree blocks signal). That said, with the control signal boosted I will probably push it to beyond 2 miles just to do it (if I do it). My estimates show that three miles is technically very reasonable, beyond that and things become more challenging (beginning with overall flight time to get back home.)

Not breaking any records but: thought I would share.
Dis=2322.7ft Alt=371.7ft Total: 2694.4

Also, need help: On the DJI phone app, the wifi status bars will not turn blue? WHy, anyone know why?

Attachments

• dji_screen_sf.jpg
    dji_screen_sf.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 335
millertime510 said:
Not breaking any records but: thought I would share.
Dis=2322.7ft Alt=371.7ft Total: 2694.4

Also, need help: On the DJI phone app, the wifi status bars will not turn blue? WHy, anyone know why?

Good work, congrats.

Actually the total distance is not 2694.4 but is 2352.25 feet (sorry, I mean no disrespect, the just could not help myself).

I can't help on the wifi status bars, they turn blue for me. As you are at range, perhaps you are at the limit of your range? The status bars are a signal strength indicator.

Cheers.

themosttoys said:
audis200 said:
Today I used this setup with my 2.5W wifi booster......achieve 4000 feets flying distance ^^

With that antenna configuration (horizontal polarization) you will have yaw / panning dead spots on the left and / or right (based on my testing of that exact configuration.) Point the antenna straight down for better performance. Of course if you are happy, that is all that really matters. Good times.

Simple fix, upgrade both antennas and have them angled for full 360 degree :) That or use a high gain mushroom style antenna

BenDronePilot said:
themosttoys said:
audis200 said:

Simple fix, upgrade both antennas and have them angled for full 360 degree :) That or use a high gain mushroom style antenna

Yup, I have a Circular Wireless Skew Planar ready to go on the P2V and the matching Helical (and SP) for the repeater. When I have a chance I will be testing this (will be interesting to see the gain difference as the SP has less gain than the whip, but I do expect it to serve my purposes better, we will see.)

I've not done it yet because of my landing predicament. The SP is not as resilient as the whip.

Highcloud said:
Finally got the docooler repeater. Set up 2 x 9 DBI omnis and 1 x 18 DBI 60 degree azimuth netgear patch. Ran a quick test to 1 km. absolute rock solid video in any orientation. Waiting for 5.8 ghz amp to arrive to boost control before I get carried away as I'm surrounded by ht wires way higher than 20 metres on the Rth path if I do loose signal! Note the panel and omnis are tilted back by 10 degrees to maximise elevation beam penetration. The whole set up is on a rotating table, so if the need arises it can easily be rotated to follow the PV. The omnis will cover the first 1 km or so and then the patch will cover the longer range. By then the beam angle is sufficient to cover a huge chunk of sky. Weather had turned bad here again so unlikely to test fly again now until the weekend. Aiming for 3 km once the 5.8 ghz amp arrives.

Update after all the bad weather in the uk. Finally made a dash for it this evening in between wind gusts and rain. Got to 1.62 Km (5300 ft) before I lost control signal. Next mod is to change the stock controller antenna. Not ideal conditions, quite damp and flying into a noisy area, but promising using the docooler, 2 x omni and 1 patch.

well this is a question for you guys, what happend if i buy a landing gear or something with a servo can hold my antena on the bottom of the p2v, and conected to a channel, i dont know maybe course lock (i dont use) o some channel avaible on the rx, to make it work to retract the antenna back seconds before landing. its just an idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Model-Pl...sGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item23318761d6

of course all this to have 360 of signal down the p2v with the camara antenna.

Highcloud said:
Highcloud said:
Finally got the docooler repeater. Set up 2 x 9 DBI omnis and 1 x 18 DBI 60 degree azimuth netgear patch. Ran a quick test to 1 km. absolute rock solid video in any orientation. Waiting for 5.8 ghz amp to arrive to boost control before I get carried away as I'm surrounded by ht wires way higher than 20 metres on the Rth path if I do loose signal! Note the panel and omnis are tilted back by 10 degrees to maximise elevation beam penetration. The whole set up is on a rotating table, so if the need arises it can easily be rotated to follow the PV. The omnis will cover the first 1 km or so and then the patch will cover the longer range. By then the beam angle is sufficient to cover a huge chunk of sky. Weather had turned bad here again so unlikely to test fly again now until the weekend. Aiming for 3 km once the 5.8 ghz amp arrives.

Update after all the bad weather in the uk. Finally made a dash for it this evening in between wind gusts and rain. Got to 1.62 Km (5300 ft) before I lost control signal. Next mod is to change the stock controller antenna. Not ideal conditions, quite damp and flying into a noisy area, but promising using the docooler, 2 x omni and 1 patch.

pic, pic, pic of your setting.....please, hehehe!!! ^^

Highcloud said:

Yup, that is about the limit of the control signal. My example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc_BSTPyOxA

oukenfold said:
well this is a question for you guys, what happend if i buy a landing gear or something with a servo can hold my antena on the bottom of the p2v, and conected to a channel, i dont know maybe course lock (i dont use) o some channel avaible on the rx, to make it work to retract the antenna back seconds before landing. its just an idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Model-Pl...sGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item23318761d6

Could be done. Tap into the 7th ch (gimbal tilt control).

themosttoys said:
oukenfold said:

but if i will use dronexpert gimbal? whats other channel i can put this Retractable Landing Gear for an antenna?

oukenfold said:
themosttoys said:
oukenfold said:

but if i will use dronexpert gimbal? whats other channel i can put this Retractable Landing Gear for an antenna?

I'm unaware of any other.

audis200 said:
Highcloud said:
Highcloud said:

pic, pic, pic of your setting.....please, hehehe!!! ^^

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 515
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 495

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads