More channels hack

This thread started August 5, 2015 but yeah it was a while back.

LOL, you''re right. I inadvertantly looked at the date a person joined this group. Thanks for the correction. But it is definitely a great hack.

Hey all,

Just picked up my P3P and I am slowly working my way through all the related threads - It's a lot of reading!

After going through a number of pages here I figured it might be best to pick your brains on firmwares and DJI GO versions.

My current firmware is as follows

DJI GO 2.6 (App requesting firmware updates for Aircraft, gimbal and battery)
P3P 1.4.0010
Remote 1.5.7

Now I've read lots about people wanting to move back to older firmwares and such for various reasons. Are any of the reasons vaild for staying on 1.4.1 with an older version of DJI GO app? I read about the RTH altitude trick that I think only works on the older firmwares. Any other reasons?

Thanks for your time and I apologize for not reading through to the end of this thread first.

Did you realize this is the "more channels hack" thread?

Are the files that are listed in the OP for the DJI Pilot app the same files I would use for the DJI Go app?
Also are the files the same for Android and iOS?

Are the files that are listed in the OP for the DJI Pilot app the same files I would use for the DJI Go app?
Also are the files the same for Android and iOS?
That file is the only one I've seen and it works in GO and in Android or iOS devices. You have a new Shield, right? I've noticed that a few people were not putting the file in the correct folder on Android devices. Pay careful attention to that. Good luck sir.

Reactions: JoBe
I just did this hack and selected channel 30 and I still see the "current" indicator jumping around. I assumed that if I selected 30 that it would stay on 30. Did DJI make a change to counter our hack?

That file is the only one I've seen and it works in GO and in Android or iOS devices. You have a new Shield, right? I've noticed that a few people were not putting the file in the correct folder on Android devices. Pay careful attention to that. Good luck sir.
Think the hack has been hacked

So you're using iTunes with an Air 2. From what I recall, you are in the Midwest US, so you should have no issues with being in a restricted country.

Did you do this:

1. Download the zipped .rar file from the link in post #1
2. Unzip the downloaded .rar file (don't skip this step!)
3. Set the extract (unzip) location to show hidden files if it's not already.
4. Make sure you can see the single, now unzipped file named .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
5. Open iTunes, use latest version
6. Connect your iPad (unlock the screen)
7. Close GO app if it's running
8. Once you can see your iPad in iTunes, click on it.
9. Then click on Apps
10. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom in the File Sharing section
11. Select DJI GO
12. Click on Add File...
13. Browse to the location of the unhidden single and unzipped file from earlier, .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
14. Click on the file and select it. (If you are prompted about replacing the existing file, click Replace. You may not get this prompt.) Don't worry if you don't see the file appear in the list.

That should be it. You should now simply be able to unplug from iTunes, launch the GO app, and see the channels if you scroll left and right on the channel screen. I didn't need to connect it to my phantom to see the channels on any of the many times I have done this. You do of course need to be connected to your phantom to select the channels when you are in custom. Reminder that auto does not use the added channels, only the stock channels. Also, not every country allows custom settings. You may need to set your device to US to enable the custom selection.

If it didnt work, check in iTunes DJI GO Documents. If you see a file with an .rar or .zip extension, it means that you didn't follow the directions. Start over and be sure to unzip the downloaded .rar file as noted.

If when you try to add the file you get a dialog box saying, "could not be copied because you do not have permission," it means that you did not follow the directions. Start over and be sure to unlock your iPad as noted.

Good luck sir.
So you're using iTunes with an Air 2. From what I recall, you are in the Midwest US, so you should have no issues with being in a restricted country.

Did you do this:

1. Download the zipped .rar file from the link in post #1
2. Unzip the downloaded .rar file (don't skip this step!)
3. Set the extract (unzip) location to show hidden files if it's not already.
4. Make sure you can see the single, now unzipped file named .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
5. Open iTunes, use latest version
6. Connect your iPad (unlock the screen)
7. Close GO app if it's running
8. Once you can see your iPad in iTunes, click on it.
9. Then click on Apps
10. Then scroll all the way down to the bottom in the File Sharing section
11. Select DJI GO
12. Click on Add File...
13. Browse to the location of the unhidden single and unzipped file from earlier, .DJI.configs (with the leading ".")
14. Click on the file and select it. (If you are prompted about replacing the existing file, click Replace. You may not get this prompt.) Don't worry if you don't see the file appear in the list.

That should be it. You should now simply be able to unplug from iTunes, launch the GO app, and see the channels if you scroll left and right on the channel screen. I didn't need to connect it to my phantom to see the channels on any of the many times I have done this. You do of course need to be connected to your phantom to select the channels when you are in custom. Reminder that auto does not use the added channels, only the stock channels. Also, not every country allows custom settings. You may need to set your device to US to enable the custom selection.

If it didnt work, check in iTunes DJI GO Documents. If you see a file with an .rar or .zip extension, it means that you didn't follow the directions. Start over and be sure to unzip the downloaded .rar file as noted.

If when you try to add the file you get a dialog box saying, "could not be copied because you do not have permission," it means that you did not follow the directions. Start over and be sure to unlock your iPad as noted.

Good luck sir.

Very helpful. Thanks.

Bob

Reactions: Oso
Shhhhhhh more we talk on this topic, DJI will get alerted and we might lose the hack.

All is working so far guys. Flew all my birds with it no problem as of this post. GA v2.7.1.

Just did the hack today, I did have to set my Mac to show hidden files until I was done otherwise you can't see it to copy it over. All went well, we have had three days of heavy winds 15 to 20 so I'll wait to test the hack.
how did you set the iMac to show hidden files? I have a grayed out problem

Guys, just downloaded DJI 2.9 and I cant get this hack to work. Once I download the app to my Galaxy note 4 android, I can only find the DJI Pilot folder and NOT the Files folder within it. I have hidden files checked but still cant find the folder. I tried putting the file in the DJI Pilot folder with no luck.....Any ideas? Thanks!

Guys, just downloaded DJI 2.9 and I cant get this hack to work. Once I download the app to my Galaxy note 4 android, I can only find the DJI Pilot folder and NOT the Files folder within it. I have hidden files checked but still cant find the folder. I tried putting the file in the DJI Pilot folder with no luck.....Any ideas? Thanks!
Read the post linked below and the next several posts after. They are from this same thread and might help you.

More channels hack

nope, cant get that folder to show up anywhere. This is with all the latest updates, firmware, RC etc. any ideas??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT