More channels hack

I click on that link and I get nothing,is there a different link for the ipad? Will I have to update the dji go app? As of now I'm still on 1;1;2
That original 32 channel hack post was edited in March. The instructions and the file were removed.

Here are the instructions that dozens of people have used for iDevices. I am not sure about it working in your version of the app however.
More channels hack

Last edited:
So I recalibrate the IMU and brought out the bird for 2 battery flights in a large open (multiple football and baseball field complex) area. What I found is now the thing is now acting strange. When descending (at least 75' out) the bird just stopped maybe 50' high. I had full left stick down and it just hovered there. It would not move down!! After a few up and down motions on the stick, it finally struggled, very slowly, down for a landing. A few more flights up and down and around, and I found it randomly did this a couple of times. It was like it would hang up, then respond again. Directional control seemed fine, though when trying to "force it down," I found that it rotated even though the stick was strait down.

While walking back to my house (5 min), I flew the bird 15-20' in front of me around 5 feet up. It reacted fine, but at one point, it stopped responding to forward command. It just hovered. Again I "rocked it" and then it responded again.

I had 20+ flawless flights on this before the hack incident and crash as described above. Not sure I can trust it anymore. I'm due to shoot a moving boat scene next weekend. Any thoughts??? Is it time to send everything back to get "fixed?" Again, I deleted, and then reloaded DJI GO after the initial incident.

You can try calibrating the sticks.

That original 32 channel hack post was edited in March. The instructions and the file were removed.

Here are the instructions that dozens of people have used for iDevices. I am not sure about it working in your version of the app however.
More channels hack
Thank you, I'v tried for hours but still haven't got it, I'll give it a shot again tomorrow. If I had to guess what the problem is I would say Most likely it's me,,,
Computer idiot :confused:

does this still work with the latest DJI go? I go to channels menu on the dji go app and i cant even select "custom" anymore. i do NOT have any option or button to click in the channel menu. I just see the individual bars how much interference every channel has.

does this still work with the latest DJI go? I go to channels menu on the dji go app and i cant even select "custom" anymore. i do NOT have any option or button to click in the channel menu. I just see the individual bars how much interference every channel has.
Yes, it still works. You fly in Europe, correct? Did you remember to set your device to US?

Yes, it still works. You fly in Europe, correct? Did you remember to set your device to US?
that did the trick. couldnt find instructions exept for a youtube video that probaly already had it set to US and thats why he didnt mention it :p

thanks alot :) Does this also mean the device transmits in more power now or....?

that did the trick. couldnt find instructions exept for a youtube video that probaly already had it set to US and thats why he didnt mention it :p

thanks alot :) Does this also mean the device transmits in more power now or....?
You're welcome.

As for more transmit power when your mobile device is set to US - sorry, no extra power. Since some mobile devices dont have GPS, your location within CE or FCC jurisdiction is still based on the GPS location of the Phantom itself.

Is the original config file able to be restored if you want, or is it simply a matter of uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Just double checking.. Thanks.

Is the original config file able to be restored if you want, or is it simply a matter of uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Just double checking.. Thanks.
Yes to both questions. I doubt you'd want to get rid of the extended channels, but it you do want to you can either put back the original file or delete the app and reinstall the app.

If you choose to delete the app, sync your flights first if you want to keep them. Then sync again after you've reinstalled the app to get your flights back. Also remember to check all of your settings.

If you choose to put the original file back, here is a post with the file.

the file will be "empty" on a mac because by default, mac hides file with a leading "."

you need to turn on hidden files on finder...
On the Mac when you go to iTunes and hit add, you bring up the folder and hit command+shift+. and the file will show up. You don't need to go into terminal and show all the hidden files.

I still can't get the file in the iPhone. I unlocked hidden files via terminal and I can see it in finder, but iTunes will still not see .DJI.configs when I go to add the file. I tried brining it over by dropping the first "." which did work, but does not work in the app. I tried importing (syncing) the entire file, but that does not work. I also tried to use iExplorer to rename DJI.configs (which is in the root) to .DJI.configs but could not rename.

Any thoughts?
Have you tried dragging the .DJI.configs file from Finder to iTunes? That's how I did it with my MBP and iPhone instead of using "add".

Have you tried dragging the .DJI.configs file from Finder to iTunes? That's how I did it with my MBP and iPhone instead of using "add".
When you are in iTunes and hit add, the add screen is blank. Press command +left shift + ., and the file will appear.

So the bottom line question is this: Does doing this hack really help in terms of flying further???

If you want to learn how to get the other channels just go to YouTube. It's All Over YouTube. Check out this link:

I still can't get the file in the iPhone. I unlocked hidden files via terminal and I can see it in finder, but iTunes will still not see .DJI.configs when I go to add the file. I tried brining it over by dropping the first "." which did work, but does not work in the app. I tried importing (syncing) the entire file, but that does not work. I also tried to use iExplorer to rename DJI.configs (which is in the root) to .DJI.configs but could not rename.

Any thoughts?

Make sure to unlock your phone if you have a lock code. iExplorer appears to work but does nothing when lock is still active.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

So the bottom line question is this: Does doing this hack really help in terms of flying further???

It depends if you are in WiFi congested area. If all default 8 channels are noisy, this hack can help you to use a clean channel. However, auto channel selection is disabled if you want to use other non default channels.

In most scenario, the default auto channel will always find cleanest channel for you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I haven't even gotten my P3A yet, but you can bet I'll install this. My understanding is that it divides up the available spectrum and gives you more frequencies to choose from. You have 32 chances at finding one that's less congested in your location instead of only 8. Sure, it's all from the same range of frequencies, but this will give you 14 more choices within that range. Less congestion means less chance for interference, and that's a good thing. If interference is limiting your range, this will likely help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl