More channels hack

Running 1.20 on Android, followed instructions but no dice. What I'm wondering is, is there supposed to be a folder named "files" at dji.pilot directory? I don't have one.
Yes. Maybe add one?.I just looked and the file I put in the files folder is gone, but still show 32 channels in App.

It's not gone, it's just a hidden file since it starts with a dot. So once you put it there, you can't see it.

I just doubled my distance with that magical channel 32..........new firmware is running great

I will need to get the plastic epoxy out and add another battery now that I run 32 with the david wettlaufer's WindSurfer mod.

The 32 channel mod simply puts our quads back to what they were 1st release in May, which was awesome. They were advertised as 1.25 miles out of the box and several were getting 2.5+miles.

Anyway, adding this mod back is no difference then adding any other performance enhancer, such as the WindSurfer mod. Or the antenna mods that are out.

It is so so so nice to finally have a Phantom that performs to reasonable standards. It has cost me roughly $9k 5 phantoms plus added expenses to get to enjoy where I'm at now. Best part is I have met a lot of good people from around the world in the process. My next goal is to figure out how to increase the speed(mph).

Reactions: Milehighdesign
Yes. Maybe add one?.I just looked and the file I put in the files folder is gone, but still show 32 channels in App.

Nope, that didn't work either. Anyone get this hack to work with Android 1.20 DJI Pilot and if so, please tell me where exactly you placed the config file. Thanks

Nope, that didn't work either. Anyone get this hack to work with Android 1.20 DJI Pilot and if so, please tell me where exactly you placed the config file. Thanks
Go into the settings for esfile explorer and tell it to show "hidden" files and folders and then check again in pilot directory for the correct folder

Go into the settings for esfile explorer and tell it to show "hidden" files and folders and then check again in pilot directory for the correct folder

Nope. I did this at the start. Please see my directory in pic

Attachments

• dji.pilot directory.jpg
    dji.pilot directory.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 547
  • show hidden files.jpg
    show hidden files.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 484
Nope. I did this at the start. Please see my directory in pic
Sorry....not sure why you're not seeing it......you are navigating to internal sdcard then android then data then dji.pilot right?
not sure why you don't have it....both my tab s and my note 4 which has only ran the app twice have the folder.....and to confirm the folder is empty at least in my 2 devices.

What version of app are you running....sorry if you already mentioned it....

I see...you're running 1.20......not sure why you don't have the directory. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app yet? I'd try that followed by backing up dji folders from sdcard and then manually deleting them...the reinstall and reconnect to bird then power down and look again for directory.

Last edited:
Thanks louforgiveno, that was the ticket--uninstall/reinstall. I don't recall that being anywhere in the instructions on RC Groups but I now have that elusive folder. We actually have two of the exact paths and directories created Android/data/dji.pilot/files on sdcard and extsdcard. I placed the config file in both for posterity. I'm thinking it might be the extsdcard as this hack did not work when I created my own "files" folder in the directory found on sdcard.

Sorry....not sure why you're not seeing it......you are navigating to internal sdcard then android then data then dji.pilot right?
not sure why you don't have it....both my tab s and my note 4 which has only ran the app twice have the folder.....and to confirm the folder is empty at least in my 2 devices.

What version of app are you running....sorry if you already mentioned it....

I see...you're running 1.20......not sure why you don't have the directory. Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app yet? I'd try that followed by backing up dji folders from sdcard and then manually deleting them...the reinstall and reconnect to bird then power down and look again for directory.

I was able to get it working. I now have to 32 channelsI if needed. Firmware 1.1.9 and iOS app 1.2.0. used Win7 Pro from VMware Fusion on my Hackintosh. Backed up and copied the original app 1.2.0 just in case I need to go back. I'll test fly tomorrow...

I was able to get it working. I now have to 32 channelsI if needed. Firmware 1.1.9 and iOS app 1.2.0. used Win7 Pro from VMware Fusion on my Hackintosh. Backed up and copied the original app 1.2.0 just in case I need to go back. I'll test fly tomorrow...
how you do it placing the hack file in ipad mini 3 running ios 8.4 ??? in details please !!!

Mine didnt work first time. Try try again and then select auto and then manual channel.

3 tails media : try putting the file in storage/dji/dji.pilot/dji files (that folder should be there)

If not then yes just create a folder called files in
storage/dji/dji.pilot/

I found it was slightly different with 1.2.0

I just spent the last 4 1/2 hours off & on trying to get it to work on my setup. I finally figured out what my issue was.

So I can confirm it does work with DJI Pilot 1.2.0 app and 1.3.2 firmware using a android device. robin I see you already logged off or I would offer to help. Good luck with it!

Back online now, got to sleep sometime.

So How do you get it to work with DJI GO ?

I copied the OP and the other one to the iPhone but only 8 channels

how you do it placing the hack file in ipad mini 3 running ios 8.4 ??? in details please !!!

Here's how you do it exactly on iOS 8.4 and iTunes 12 on Windows 7. Dji pilot 1.2 phantom on firmware 1.1.9 works perfectly. I backed up my pilot app 1.2 and will also be testing this with the updated "Go" app.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Video demoing this on a Nexus 7 coming shortly

Thanks for the info. Got it to work on the DJI Go app on my iPhone 6 + all 32 channels are there but I couldn't get it to work on my shield tablet.

I'll keep on trying. I'm sure I'm not doing something right.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438950539.278562.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438950557.413925.jpg

I took a test flight last evening. Flew a familiar route and altitude with a quiet lower channel, I believe it was 2.

Got he same range, ~3300', before I had to turn around. But, I have always gotten that range fly that particular route, there are a couple of trees in the path that are unavoidable.
More testing in open country to follow. It is nice to have clear channels to choose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.