More channels hack

Thanks for the info. Got it to work on the DJI Go app on my iPhone 6 + all 32 channels are there but I couldn't get it to work on my shield tablet.

I'll keep on trying. I'm sure I'm not doing something right.View attachment 26742View attachment 26743

Is your Phantom powered up too? In that screen shot, it doesn't look like your copter is on.

Is your Phantom powered up too? In that screen shot, it doesn't look like your copter is on.
No it's not powered on, so I guess I'm assuming it works because all the channels are showing ;) but will have to test later

I took a test flight last evening. Flew a familiar route and altitude with a quiet lower channel, I believe it was 2.

Got he same range, ~3300', before I had to turn around. But, I have always gotten that range fly that particular route, there are a couple of trees in the path that are unavoidable.
More testing in open country to follow. It is nice to have clear channels to choose.
Channel two is anything but quite. Might be quite from where you take off but not as you fly around. I wouldn't use any channel from 1-11. Those channels are full of WiFi routers. And chanel 2 overlaps and interfere with 1 , 4 and 5.

Reactions: nobr3ga
I just upgraded to latest FW and DJI Go as well as the config file hack and took my P3A out for a spin today and had it on auto and for the first time ever, I'm experiencing video glitches. happens quite often and everytime I took a photo. Will try on custom setting later but I thought at worst it would select only the restricted channels on auto as someone suggested here. Perhaps this hack isn't for me as my rc range has always been limited (less than 4000 ft) due to very limit line of sight. Am I correct in thinking the extra channels would not help in my situation?

I just upgraded to latest FW and DJI Go as well as the config file hack and took my P3A out for a spin today and had it on auto and for the first time ever, I'm experiencing video glitches. happens quite often and everytime I took a photo. Will try on custom setting later but I thought at worst it would select only the restricted channels on auto as someone suggested here. Perhaps this hack isn't for me as my rc range has always been limited (less than 4000 ft) due to very limit line of sight. Am I correct in thinking the extra channels would not help in my situation?
Anything in auto sucks. Not just drone software but I mean everything lol. Use custom.

I haven't yet tried out the new hack, but I downloaded it last night; easy peasy. My question is, which channel to choose and how to know? I believe when the app is up and running there is a green graph line across the screen of channels. Is that green line the interference coming in? Should you choose a channel away from that line?

I haven't yet tried out the new hack, but I downloaded it last night; easy peasy. My question is, which channel to choose and how to know? I believe when the app is up and running there is a green graph line across the screen of channels. Is that green line the interference coming in? Should you choose a channel away from that line?
I would suggest everyone educates themselves on channels and frequencies. It's a whole new world. Pick a wrong channel and your bird goes crazy or you end up in prison. Channels have restrictions on what , where and how you can use them. Some are restricted example channel 14 will put you in prison. Do yourself a favor and spend some time reading. Channels are not just there for the taking.

I think any time you have an obstacle your going to get reduced range no matter how quiet the channel. But where these added channels shine is when you have lots of wifi cluttering up the measly 8 channels DJI now gives you. I had red lines jumping all over the place in the narrow stock 13-20. couldn't get more than 1000 feet before I'd loose video. Now I'm out over 3000 feet with no signal loss at all. For whatever reason those 13-20 channels are always jammed and must be popular amongst routers etc. would be nice to have auto capability for these 32 channels but I'm not complaining....lol

Running 1.20 on Android, followed instructions but no dice. What I'm wondering is, is there supposed to be a folder named "files" at dji.pilot directory? I don't have one.

Make sure the file used starts with a period .DJI.configs

If you have an Android device, do it like this:

1.Connect your Android device to your computer
2.Download the file named .DJI.configs
3.Copy the file to the root of \Android\data\dji.pilot\add DJI.configs from your device
4.Launch the Pilot app and you will see that the remote controller now shows support for 32 channels
=========================

For iOS devices:

1.Connect your device via iTunes
2,Download the file named .DJI.configs
3.Click ‘Add File’ and copy the file to DJI Pilot Documents
4.Launch the app and you will see that the remote controller now shows support for 32 channels

I would suggest everyone educates themselves on channels and frequencies. It's a whole new world. Pick a wrong channel and your bird goes crazy or you end up in prison. Channels have restrictions on what , where and how you can use them. Some are restricted example channel 14 will put you in prison. Do yourself a favor and spend some time reading. Channels are not just there for the taking.
Do you have any answers to my actual questions? :confused: Interesting how people respond on here without any useful knowledge. I have a basic understanding frequencies, like yourself, but my questions was not answered. You are a little rude in your answers and I will over look that by being the bigger man.:D

Reactions: nobr3ga

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor