Mid Air "Compass Error, Exit P-GPS Mode"

I think I have to go through this store I bought it at (sweden).
21:27:27
me: But why do you suggest to not fly in the beginner mode?
21:28:40
DJI: Because as what i know, you can't even have the capability to start the motors if you are in beginner mode, if im not mistaken."
o_Oo_Oo_O big LOL

Reactions: whoreable
DJI: Because as what i know, you can't even have the capability to start the motors if you are in beginner mode, if im not mistaken."
That sounds like someone that should not be giving advice to anyone.
If you have an obvious compass related problem, recalibrating the IMU every flight isn't going to be any help.

That sounds like someone that should not be giving advice to anyone.
If you have an obvious compass related problem, recalibrating the IMU every flight isn't going to be any help.

I know....

Do not use the chat support. Open a service ticket via email. Chat support is more for the folk who need help tightening the props in the right direction.

Do not use the chat support. Open a service ticket via email. Chat support is more for the folk who need help tightening the props in the right direction.

I would say that is pretty much to overrate chat support competence as well :)

So I checked my repair status and it says repaired and tested. I used the live chat and asked them what was repaired/replaced? They told me the IMU chip… do they mean the ESC?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So I checked my repair status and it says repaired and tested. I used the live chat and asked them what was repaired/replaced? They told me the IMU chip… do they mean the ESC?

No, the IMU chip is totally separate from the ESC. I don't know if the chip itself is pushed in or soldered. But it sounds like your chip was NFG.

Ok I wasn't sure if it was incorporated as one with ESC.
Well fingers crossed that it fixed it

Ok I wasn't sure if it was incorporated as one with ESC.
Well fingers crossed that it fixed it

Amen brother!
Mine needs to go in for the compass issue and crooked gimbal. But I'm not sending it in until our flying season is pretty much done in a few weeks.
Too many reports of birds coming back, broken :(

No, the IMU chip is totally separate from the ESC. I don't know if the chip itself is pushed in or soldered. But it sounds like your chip was NFG.
If they are replacing a board level chip rather than swapping in a new board... that's pretty cheap.

If it fixes it I could care less. Could also be that's there is a high complaint rate for this error and they are trying to find out the actual failure point. Or just cheap…

My p3s won't even fly because of the compass error... I lost my first p3s due to stupidly. ... Been flying it for a year.... I just got the new one two weeks ago, several successful flights.. now it won't fly with the error... I've calibrated my phantom's many times, always in one shoot.. never had a problem

Amen brother!
Mine needs to go in for the compass issue and crooked gimbal. But I'm not sending it in until our flying season is pretty much done in a few weeks.
Too many reports of birds coming back, broken :(

Received my bird back, compass issue fixed. Btw the camera is now nfg.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Received my bird back, compass issue fixed. Btw the camera is now nfg.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's VERY discouraging!
I might never send my Phantom to DJI and just keep flying the dang thing until it crashes as I see a lot of people having more trouble after sending them in for repair.
And this is after DJI claims an improvement in service !

Got mine back today. Compass error fixed.
DJI replaced: ESC center board & MC & receiver 900M.
GPS module.
Found no new problems all seems good.
Position hold seems better as well. My drone went to the California location.

I have had this error from day one of recently buying another drone. Calibrates just fine, flies fine and then suddenly goes red and says compass error. I start to come back home and sometimes it will go back to safe to fly and others I try and land or it crashes with no control. Very disappointed

I have had this error from day one of recently buying another drone. Calibrates just fine, flies fine and then suddenly goes red and says compass error. I start to come back home and sometimes it will go back to safe to fly and others I try and land or it crashes with no control. Very disappointed

If it persists you probably need to send it for repair. A pain in the *** and a lots of trouble for that kind of money spent...

Bought a P3A a few weeks ago. Updated latest firmware (v1.9.60) right away and did all the mandatory things before flying. After a short time in the air, i´ve got the "Compass error, exit P-GPS mode". Did several compass calibrations over the next days on different locations (well away from anyting that could cause interference), but didn´t help. Did IMU cal, downgraded the firmware etc. Nothing! Finally i sent the drone back to the shop and got a new one. A few days ago it arrived. Drove to a remote location (So far away from anyting that resembles metal that i dont think man has ever been there...). But what do you know!? The problem comes back to haunt me!! Takes off, flies fine in one direction, but when i rotate the copter about a 180 degrees, the dreaded red error message comes along...again and again... Have read dozens of treads about this problem without getting any wiser. Seems to be no logical explanation for this particular problem? I´m a bit lost here in what to do... Anybody has any ideas here?
Flightlog from latest flight : HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart