Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

I dont really care who you are, you have not helped this thread in any way, only stirred it up.

If you feel asking about results between two panels is stirring things up then my apologizes. I respectfully disagree about not helping the thread at all. Several people seem to now be discussing the clean install wires and the fraying issue, if you don't find this helpful that certainly ok but I don't believe its fair to speak on everyone's behalf. Sure, I know this is a thread about antennas and distance but as the cables can have a direct impact on performance I thought it was worth mentioning. Not sure why I even bother explaining anymore as I'm sure this will be taken as stirring something up and I'll probably be accused of being Frank Wang himself.

Not at all, I think Jake's a great guy and has helped a lot of people. From what I hear he has great customer service, he is also branched out and created MaxxUAV Europe and Canada, I think both of those are going to be a huge success. And I know if you bring this apparent problem to any of their attention and they will help you guys make it right

Your right on the money here. After reaching out to Jake he sent me a new set of revised cables at no extra cost. I recommend anyone experiencing this issue to reach out to him.

@dirtybum - Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Regarding the clean install internal cables. We just received in new internal cables that addresses both issues brought up here. We've addressed the weak solder joint with a post that holds the cable, and the washers are twice as thick and we increased the diameter to 12mm to cover the silver ring. For anyone who is having issues or just wants the new ones, PM me your order number and I'll get the new ones sent out to you at no cost! :)

Attachments

• IMG_2075.PNG
    IMG_2075.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 345
If you feel asking about results between two panels is stirring things up then my apologizes. I respectfully disagree about not helping the thread at all. Several people seem to now be discussing the clean install wires and the fraying issue, if you don't find this helpful that certainly ok but I don't believe its fair to speak on everyone's behalf. Sure, I know this is a thread about antennas and distance but as the cables can have a direct impact on performance I thought it was worth mentioning. Not sure why I even bother explaining anymore as I'm sure this will be taken as stirring something up and I'll probably be accused of being Frank Wang himself.

Your right on the money here. After reaching out to Jake he sent me a new set of revised cables at no extra cost. I recommend anyone experiencing this issue to reach out to him.
Thats a fair mention about bringing the cable problem to the forefront, I stand corrected

According to horizons the lipo is better than the blue battery...if youve been using the blue 4800 i would just stick with and save some $$$ i haven't seen one complaint about the blue ones and a lot of people use em
I agree with that pro.

Another tip guys: on every install I do I put a little drop of gorilla glue on the inside where the case meets the lock washer. It gives it that one extra layer of security and keeps it from ever moving.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: B_Squared
Regarding the clean install internal cables. We just received in new internal cables that addresses both issues brought up here. We've addressed the weak solder joint with a post that holds the cable, and the washers are twice as thick and we increased the diameter to 12mm to cover the silver ring. For anyone who is having issues or just wants the new ones, PM me your order number and I'll get the new ones sent out to you at no cost! :)
When I first had this issue, I contacted Jake to see if he could make a 3D printed insert to firm up the connection.
Jake replied surprisingly fast, and suggested using the larger washer, which also took care of the problem I had with the chrome ring slipping off.
After reinstalling with the washer worked out so well, I have been recommending it here to others that were having similar issues with their installation.
This quick response of getting a revised design implemented in just a few weeks, then providing it as a replacement to customers who had a problem at no cost is another great example of why Jake has earned a reputation for great customer service.

Another tip guys: on every install I do I put a little drop of gorilla glue on the inside where the case meets the lock washer. It gives it that one extra layer of security and keeps it from ever moving.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
3M 5200 fast cure works really good too and is safe on plastics, metals and bunch of other materials. I just replaced my cables in the rc and used it to secure them from ever moving again

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1466708899.399946.jpg

Unrelated to the controller cable issue, I just got these from Tom at Horizon Midwest. I've used a LOT of different cables but Ive never used Silver cables! They feel/look industrial! Anyone ever seen/used silver before?

Are those the rg402 cables?? I ordered 3 meters of what looks just like that but no ends..wasnt cheap either

Silver plated copper

Attachments

• 1466709839694.jpg
    1466709839694.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 1466709851955.jpg
    1466709851955.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 257

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads