Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

It was really way too windy to try a long distance run I don't think I'll ever be able to compete with you guys unless I climb a mountain LOL I do not have enough straight land to try it but I did get to about 3500 feet today at a different location before I lost signal in my aircraft disconnected. When it disconnect like that does it automatically return to home because I lost it for a good 20 to 30 seconds until I went much much higher
It's not as much competition as just to see how far you can go and bring to back (or as close as you can). I'll never get out to where Db gets his. Not that I don't have the room to do it.

What is the advantage of using the pre-existing factory antenna holes vs drilling new holes of the panel antenna? It seems like most people choose to drill new holes. Why?

What is the advantage of using the pre-existing factory antenna holes vs drilling new holes of the panel antenna? It seems like most people choose to drill new holes. Why?
I have not done any mods to my P3a. But I think the problem was the cable ends being to short. The threaded end not being long enough to be able to thread the cable coming from the antenna. A few members did use the pre-existing holes and I think a company is making a kit that uses them.

I flew with my Max range today, and I love this panel. I flew boosted, was nice having a good signal the full flight. The Max Is liter then my cheap Chines panels. And easier to aim. I still got tired standing with it and had to get my chair out the back of my truck. I flew about 3 miles and saw some thing on the ground, so dropped down to have a look. It was some cows, I was able to drop to 80ft and had good signal. It was a little windy ,and a bit hazy so I did not push it farther. Been raining here a lot.
I should have got this sooner.

... A lot of people say don't trust the RTH. ...
I think most people who say that are n00Bs. RTH is solid.
I think it's because they have experience and have learned that using the preexisting holes tends to force open the two halves of the controller when you torque down on the two nuts on the end of the interior cable. Because it's very important to torque those nuts down hard so they are rock solid and don't come loose when you're repeatedly screwing antennas or other cables on and off that piece.

I used the cables from DJI Custom Cables - RG178 RP-SMA to MMCX (6.5")MaxxUAV.

The connection of the wire to the connector is very fragile, so you need to be careful when installing them.

To provide a secure fit so they don't twist and damage the internal connection when screwing the antenna cables on and off, I added a larger washer so the nut seats evenly on the "chrome" ring.
028885a08a830304ba9504f9424100a7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just got my ITELITE - DJI RANGE BOOSTER ITE-DBS02, in the mail. Looking forward to installing it and seeing how it goes. I have heard great things about it. Amazing something that small in dimensions can be so strong.

Just got my ITELITE - DJI RANGE BOOSTER ITE-DBS02, in the mail. Looking forward to installing it and seeing how it goes. I have heard great things about it. Amazing something that small in dimensions can be so strong.
It'll get you pretty far and if it don't bump on up to the terminator

It's not as much competition as just to see how far you can go and bring to back (or as close as you can). I'll never get out to where Db gets his. Not that I don't have the room to do it.

Oh I know I'm not competing with them. Wrong choice of words.

Also, a lot of us did the install before the "clean install" kit was available. It just became available a few months ago.

Db Was flying today at about 5000ft out my video started lagging and then catch up. any idea on a fix. lower the video quality coming back?
What aircraft P3A? Could just be the device you're using, it might just be too hot where you're flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3